IGNORED

How much to pay on baht bus?

fatjack

the part i dont get is the set route....

you get on go to the next corner they turn you get off thanks mate you saved me a 2 minute walk....

the skytrain BKK is a much better system

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timorno

• ibl

• booty

• Pheromone

I always pay 10 baht for anywhere along the designated route for baht buses that are moving and give a double-beep. If they are just parked waiting, they will get as much as they can negotiate.

:GoldenSmile1: booty these are tuk tuks in phuket! similair, but not the same! the price you paid in phuket are probably about right, depending on the distance you travelled. pattaya journeys if your travelling the designated routes are 10bht per journey!

No. the tuk tuks in Phuket are extremely overpriced, its crazy down there.

I always pay my 10b and give the GF 5b :GoldenSmile1: Matter of principle. Sick of being ripped off. Its only 5B but why should anybody pay the extra?

Last evening got off and gave the TG 15B, The bloke driving went crazy. Fuck em all I say. If she was on her own it would be 5b? So why inflate the price?

10b tourist

5b thai

no more, no less

Wha's like us?

Baht busses are now 10B both for Thais and falang.

That's why some drivers try to ask falangs for 20B. Just don't talk to the driver and hand over 10B if you are going a distance on 2'nd Rd. or Beach Rd. If any problems remember the number of the Bahtbus and call the tourist police og the number to the Protection Center listed ind the bus under the drivers photo. I have never had problems with drivers after paying 10B.

Sometimes I ask how far they are going, not to risk they turn of at Central Rd. if I travel from Soi 10 to Soi 6. But when I ask them, I also make sure that they only expect 10B and not start dreaming about me chartering their car for 100B. It works out good.

All in all I find the drivers fair, and 10B is very much like what you pay in any bigger Isan town where they still have lots of songthaews (bahtbusses). But 20B for a short ride is too much.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

Do the buses run on a schedule?

The schedule of the Bahtbusses is every 30 seconds for 24 hours.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

I usually pay THB 100 for a ride....is that too much?

I hope you're joking? if not, then yes that is too much, even 20baht is too much, just pay the regular 10 baht, so to try and keep things consistant for everyone if possible.

468x60_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I usually give the baht to the girl/s and they pay. they never pay more than 10 baht. per person

useful info as i have paid up to 200 in phuket

200 baht and up and when I was there last time sharing baht buses with other people was not allowed

Motorbike taxis were between 100 baht to 150 baht too also.

Pattaya baht busus are very cheap. No need to complain about prices. 10 or 20 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in Patts this earlier this year some guys got on a bus we were on and we started chatting they had been paying 100bht each as no one had told them the rules. Needless to say they were very happy once we explained the real prices.

I usually give 20bht even with the poor exchange rate it's still so so so cheap.

Just watch out for the girl pick pocket gangs, I usual sit at the end of the bus with any cash in the pocket against the wall of the bus.

If you're looking to go to Nakula look out for the buses with the white stripe as they usually turn right at the dolphin roundabout.

One Life, Live It !!!!!!!!

From the north end of beach road (Dolphin island) to Walking Street i always pay 10 Baht and the same on the return journey. The trick is never wait for a bus by the island. Start to walk down the road and a bus will pass you so jump on. i did pay 20 baht once when i needed to get to soi diana so had to do nearly the full circit but is was my choice to give them that amount and the driver even said thank you, in thai of course. if you charter a bus to take you somewhere then of course the price is different but the most i have ever paid is 100B

I can resist everything but temptation!

Well i usually start paying 10 baht at around 7pm and as the night goes on and i drink more by 11pm its any were between 20 - 50 baht and at the end of night about 4am its any note i can get out of my jeans without falling down on my face Drunk1.gif

normally pay 10 baht never had a problem with that around Pattaya and 20 baht to get to Jontiem.....compared to the rip off tuk tuks in Phuket the Pattata baht bus network is great.....imo

I always paid 20B on my last trip (Sept 2009) and will probably do so again in a few weeks time when I am back in town.

I tend to take longer trips that are almost a full circuit of the route so I don’t have an issue with it.

The most I paid for a trip was 150B when walking back from WS with that nights BF it started to rain so I just stopped one and got a door to door rate. For what equates to less than 3GBP I wasn’t going to complain.

I hopped on the Baht bus one afternoon and then realized I had no 10b coins, I dug out a 20b note and figured I was gonna eat 10b, not a big deal. Then came the shock of my trip, a baht bus driver gave me 10b change back!