IGNORED

How long does it take to get a Thai girl a visa.

Bear 181

My question is that a girl I have been seeing regularly, has turned up at my home.

I'm not un happy about this but am considering a longer term thing.

You know where I give money to help family etc.

The thing is I left Pattaya from my last trip on Oct 23rd and she flew out to Australia on Nivember 1st a short turn around.

I know some other bloke arranged the visa for her, that doesn't bother me but it's the timing .

She told me she had been to Australia with this bloke before but it was all over.

Now was she planning to come over to see him whilst being with me for 2 months late August to late October.

Can a visa be arranged in a week or is she playing me.

She stayed with him a month so she says then a girlfriend for a couple of weeks before making contact with me.

I happily bought her a ticket to fly down to stay with me, believe me it's worth it.

Now I'm about to buy her a ticket home which I will do. But I'm not sure about giving her money for family if I'm being played.

So was she planning with this guy in September/ October whilst with me. Can a Visa be obtained in a week. This is important.

I don't need no flaming I'm no idiot. Just some information.

So the other guy arranged a visa for her. She came and visited him, but part way through her trip, left him and went to visit you instead?

She needs you to buy her a ticket home? I thought that would have been part of her visa in the first place. If the other guy got her the visa, he should have already paid for her return ticket.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

Is this true, can she not come on a one way ticket. Think it's a visitor visa.

Is this true, can she not come on a one way ticket. Think it's a visitor visa.

Actually I thought that was the case. But all I can find at the moment is they have to have proof of financial support while in the country.

Yeah they just have to show intention to return. Not an actual ticket.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

I think I would be inclined to tread warily Bear 181. If she is prepared to jump outside her declared living arrangements to get her visa the other party could, if aggrieved, report her to Immigration for non compliance which might see her shown the exit door (declaration I really know little about the immigration situation). However having said that i note from an Immigration show that shows on Australian Tv the issue quite often arises where they say the person under review does not have a return ticket which raises questions about the persons intent to overstay.

It is some years since I have travelled this pathway and my then friend was working in Patong but had to go to Bangkok to lodge her visa application. Unfortunately I do not recall how long the process took. I know in my invitation letter I indicated I would be purchasing a return ticket (obviously no proof at the time, you cannot purchase the ticket without knowing the visa would be approved) that I would provide full support and arrange travel insurance for her (again no proof of that supplied for the reason stated).

On the first occasion TGF took a telephone call on her mobile in my home (I had supplied the sim card) and began a conversation in English. When I enquired she apparently had rung a male person living in Sydney on the sim supplied. I was less than impressed considering I had outlaid the sum of money to bring her to Australia and I would think your OP may have a similar outlook. And I note because I supplied the sim card she had initiated contact. (At the time I had strong feelings of taking the relationship much further but other events took place which cancelled out those thoughts).

I have the belief that the Thai's have some reputation within Australia Immigration for overstaying their visa and disappearing into the ether so I would imagine Australian Immigration might be reluctant to have her come into the country without possessing a return ticket, but again qualify these remarks are my beliefs only. I am not speaking from any specific knowledge or authority.

The words caution and wariness keep slapping my forehead. Good luck anyway Bear.

She was not 'playing you'. She, similar to many, was hedging her bets. Rich people hedge bets, poor Thai girls hedge bets. Lucky for you the coin turned up as it did and she is on your door step. Enjoy, buy her a ticket home, a little extra for her family so as to hedge YOUR bets.

I don't think she has any intention of overstaying her visa.

My question is how did she get a visa so quickly.

Was this arranged in advance.

Am I being played

Has the poor bloke that bought her here been played.

I know she is arranging evidence for obtaining future visas on my part.

But I'm hesitant to further the relationship on finding out new facts.

I'm not stupid and I know that some girls hedge their bets by having

More than one hook in the water. I really don't give a rats arse about her

Past but I'm not about to cut someone's grass and I can certainly mow my own.

I was under the impression that a return ticket was required or proof of leaving the country i.e. onward travel.

About 2 years ago I took the kids on a trip to Fiji and had booked a one way ticket and booked the return ticket on the Fiji website -  worked out cheaper.

At check in in Sydney I was asked to provided proof of a return or departure from Fiji.

Different countries have different processing times on acquiring a VISA, China I believe is a few days whereas the USA can be 6+ months depending on circumstances i.e. criminal record.

I would expect at least 1 week minimum for Thai citizens to travel to Australia and more than likely 1 month processing time.

Thailand is also regarded as a high risk country.

I don't think she has any intention of overstaying her visa.

My question is how did she get a visa so quickly.

Was this arranged in advance.

Am I being played

Has the poor bloke that bought her here been played.

I know she is arranging evidence for obtaining future visas on my part.

But I'm hesitant to further the relationship on finding out new facts.

I'm not stupid and I know that some girls hedge their bets by having

More than one hook in the water. I really don't give a rats arse about her

Past but I'm not about to cut someone's grass and I can certainly mow my own.

These are all good relevant questions, but it is unlikely you will get FACTUAL answers to these questions here, Im afraid.

What you will mostly get is helpful BMs giving OPINIONS,which is a different thing altogether.

For example how can anybody on here know for sure if she is "playing you"?

The timeframe of getting the visa seems dodgy,but without knowing ALL the circumstances surrounding that it's hard for anybody to provide the definite answers you want.

Best I can suggest is get her a ticket home when the time comes.Even if she has one already, then give her the equivalent cash. Add some money for her family,and that's it for the moment.

Then if you want to pursue a relationship with her you need to have a talk with her and/or find out much more about her.

Done 2 visa to Australia for my wife she is currently here till 9th jan but been here since oct...both times took me 9 working days to receive visa and i did ALL the application myself, you cannot get a visa in 1 week and dont care if someone tells me otherwise.

Being played is not fun  but thats what is happening from what I am reading 

Good Luck

simple..if a guy has paid her visa and ticket...dont play around with her/..you may get hurt...its his money and girl

simple..if a guy has paid her visa and ticket...dont play around with her/..you may get hurt...its his money and girl

Lol

You are joking right? Or do you live in IS where you can buy women for the price of a plane ticket and a visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can a visa be arranged in a week or is she playing me.

I happily bought her a ticket to fly down to stay with me, believe me it's worth it.

Now I'm about to buy her a ticket home which I will do. Can a Visa be obtained in a week. This is important.

I don't need no flaming I'm no idiot. Just some information.

The answer is NO. It used to be one week. Late August it became 2 weeks, no exceptions.

Not sure how you got her on a Flight with no return ticket.

Good Luck.

Lol

You are joking right? Or do you live in IS where you can buy women for the price of a plane ticket and a visa?

If the paperwork is all good it is relatively simple to get a TG into Oz on a TV.

The answer is NO. It used to be one week. Late August it became 2 weeks, no exceptions.

Good Luck.

Got my wife hers in late sept ,9 days.

If the paperwork is all good it is relatively simple to get a TG into Oz on a TV.

I meant that it doesn't make her property.

As I said in my original post, She has been my long time girl. She had confided me of her past and trips to Australia.

I was under the impression that was over.

I flew home on October 23rd She flew to Australia on November 1st. To my thinking this had to have been planned whilst

I was with her in Pattaya. That's my suspicion.

I'm not playing around with another blokes woman. I won't cut another mans grass. And I don't want it done to me.

So if I left her with no promises she was free to do as she liked. But if she was planning a trip to see another's bloke whilst

With me I'm not comfortable with that. Never will be.

Lol

Her visa and ticket we're obviously paid for by some one else, how and why and when I'm not sure.

How she eventually ended up with me in Australia or the reasons why are a mystery.

I do have strong feelings for this girl, but things seem very strange.

I'm a cautious bloke and am getting warning bells.

Really can't see a long future in this relationship. Thought it was a dream but she surely is convincing.

Good Luck.

I did not bring her here , her visa is none of my doing. As for the return ticket I don't know anything about it.

Got my wife hers in late sept ,9 days.

Congrats. My wife's took 12 days.

Point is, no way less than 5 working days.

I did not bring her here , her visa is none of my doing. As for the return ticket I don't know anything about it.

You did state "I happily bought her a ticket to fly down to stay with me, believe me it's worth it."

Something is not right here. She wouldn't be issued a ticket at the airport without a return ticket.

Happy to be proved incorrect on this.

Edit to correct myself.

You may have paid for a domestic flight in Australia. If so you haven't made this clear.

She may have a one way ticket to Oz IF she has Temporary or Permanent Residence, in which case she wouldn't need a Tourist Visa.

You did state "I happily bought her a ticket to fly down to stay with me, believe me it's worth it."

Something is not right here. She wouldn't be issued a ticket at the airport without a return ticket.

Happy to be proved incorrect on this.

I also said that she had been in Australia for 6 weeks already, Australia being quite a big place she needed to fly from North to south

About 3 hours, I could easily have driven for 5 days to get her but for $200 odd bucks I took the easy option.

I'm pleased with your input but can you give me a positive answer can a visa be obtained in 7 days.

Simple answer? 

Look at the date stamp of the visa in her passport.  If pressed, you could say you need to show it when buying her return ticket.

Simple answer? 

Look at the date stamp of the visa in her passport.  If pressed, you could say you need to show it when buying her return ticket.

It's an e-visa in Australia. So no stamp in the passport.

Archived