IGNORED

60 Day Thailand Visa - Easiest and cheapest option....

60minuteman

It's not Swansea.

I'm biased as the football rivalry between Swansea and Cardiff is intense.

I still remember travelling on the 'Football Special' train when Swansea got promoted to the top flight for the first time by winning at Preston. In doing, we also saved Cardiff from relegation.

The train was stoned as we passed through Cardiff on the way home.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Swansea.

I'm biased as the football rivalry between Swansea and Cardiff is intense.

I still remember travelling on the 'Football Special' train when Swansea got promoted to the top flight for the first time by winning at Preston. In doing, we also saved Cardiff from relegation.

The train was stoned as we passed through Cardiff on the way home.

What was the response in 2014 when Swansea beat Cardiff 3-0? Was the train derailed?

You will get 30 days visa exemption when you enter Thailand. You can extend it for 30 more days for a fee of 1900 Baht. You lose nothing by applying early, the extension starts from the end of the current permission to stay.

Davie - Really hate to sound dumb by asking this question - When one is going to Thailand they need a Passport which is understood, the vague points are the amount of time allowed to stay. When arriving at the Airport in Bangkok does Immigration stamp the Passport and tell you that you are allowed to stay 30 days. During this time can one go somewhere and pay the 1900 Baht to stay longer.

Have thought of getting a Retirement Visa when the time comes so that I may stay longer periods of time, yet this may need to be done in the  States before leaving. Would like to visit other countries as well or at list have that option available.

Thanks for the feedback to these questions - Bourne

as long as you are from somewhere like the usa or europe (the list of countries is long) you get 30 day visa waver on arrival automatically.

the problem if you know in advance that you are say staying 59 and have an air ticket  that is for that period when you check in with the airline as you are about to fly to LOS.

there is a possibility you will be refused boarding as you do not have a visa to cover that period and in theory be refused entry to the kingdom at the thai end. in practice that will not happen cos the immigration officer stamps your passport anyway and onto the next passenger.

but it could happen, so to avoid that possible senario at check in with your airline you need a visa in advance

the visa exemption on arrival for 30 days can be extended for another 30 for 1,900 bht but last year in jomtien cos they were so busy it was costing 3,000 bht for that even if the receipt was for 1,900.

they can change the rules at a moments notice it's up to the immigration officers. visa in advance if you know you intend to stay over 30 days is the way to go

Davie - Really hate to sound dumb by asking this question - When one is going to Thailand they need a Passport which is understood, the vague points are the amount of time allowed to stay. When arriving at the Airport in Bangkok does Immigration stamp the Passport and tell you that you are allowed to stay 30 days. During this time can one go somewhere and pay the 1900 Baht to stay longer.

Have thought of getting a Retirement Visa when the time comes so that I may stay longer periods of time, yet this may need to be done in the  States before leaving. Would like to visit other countries as well or at list have that option available.

Thanks for the feedback to these questions - Bourne

If you have 'G7 passport'* you get 30 days upon arrival. Wait a while, then go to an immigration office and get a 30 day extension. I suggest that you look on thaivisa dot com for the required paper work.

Come to Thailand on a single entry 60 day visa - available through most Thai Consulates - get it converted to a non imm' O visa, then start the paperwork for your multi entry 'retirement' visa. (thaivisa dot com)

Cheers

* "Members are Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States."

as long as you are from somewhere like the usa or europe (the list of countries is long) you get 30 day visa waver on arrival automatically.

the problem if you know in advance that you are say staying 59 and have an air ticket for that is for that period when you check in with the airline as you are about to fly to LOS.

there is a possibility you will be refused boarding as you do not have a visa to cover that period and in theory be refused entry to the kingdom. in practice that will not happen cos the immigration stamps your passport anyway and onto the next passenger.

but it could happen, so to avoid that airline problem at check in you need a visa in advance

the visa exemption on arrival for 30 days can be extended for another 30 for 1,900 bht but last year in jomtien cos they were so busy it was costing 3,000 bht for that even if the receipt was for 1,900.

they can change the rules at a moments notice it's up to the immigration officers. visa in advance if you know you intend to stay over 30 days is the way to go

Good points. Safety first.

Good points. Safety first.

Would immigration really be that knit picky?

They would have more to gain if someone overstayed a "Visa on Arrival" stamp I would have thought.

And this is all about money. And keeping un welcomed persons out of Thailand.

Would immigration really be that knit picky?

They would have more to gain if someone overstayed a "Visa on Arrival" stamp I would have thought.

And this is all about money. And keeping un welcomed persons out of Thailand.

it's not immigration you have to worry about mate it's the check in with your airline

it's not immigration you have to worry about mate it's the check in with your airline

My bad. Davie Duke is correct. "Good points. Safety first".

Besides the £25 (if you are applying online) - there will be another £20 of expenses - made up of a few £ to pay for the Postal Order and the rest to pay for the Special Delivery and for the Return Special Delivery

I enclose my own Return Special Delivery otherwise it costs more if they do it

Send on a Monday - receive back Thursday at the latest more likely Wednesday (with your own return)

a0001.JPG

I cant comply with that to the letter simply impossible  !!

My Double Entry Visa at £50 has been increased to £125. Company registration doesnt exist for me so single entry from now on obviously

Besides the £25 (if you are applying online) - there will be another £20 of expenses - made up of a few £ to pay for the Postal Order and the rest to pay for the Special Delivery and for the Return Special Delivery

I enclose my own Return Special Delivery otherwise it costs more if they do it

Send on a Monday - receive back Thursday at the latest more likely Wednesday (with your own return)

They charge £10 to send back where it will be £6.95 if you include your own

• 1 month later...

I'm confused by the £5000 bank account section - are they saying an account that has more than £5k in it for the whole of the last 6 months? never going below £5k?

I have a paypal business account that has that - but my bar's business account that has a turnover of £250,000 always dips below £5,000 when the bills go out?.... Seem's like they're saying unless you're a 'saver' then you can't stay for more than 30 days, and obviously every 2 months im in Thailand spending my money rather than saving it..

You can stay 60 days on a Single Entry. Just don't get it more than 3 months before you travel.

You can still only stay 60 days on the new Multiple Entry. It's just you could come for 2 lots of 60 days on the same Visa - or a few shorter trips, within 6 months of getting the Visa.

I'm sending for my single tomorrow if I ever need longer I will get a non O

And I just had a dreadful thought that in 2 years I can get a retirement visa ffs

I'm sending for my single tomorrow if I ever need longer I will get a non OAnd I just had a dreadful thought that in 2 years I can get a retirement visa ffs

You look older.

I'm confused by the £5000 bank account section - are they saying an account that has more than £5k in it for the whole of the last 6 months? never going below £5k?

I have a paypal business account that has that - but my bar's business account that has a turnover of £250,000 always dips below £5,000 when the bills go out?.... Seem's like they're saying unless you're a 'saver' then you can't stay for more than 30 days, and obviously every 2 months im in Thailand spending my money rather than saving it..

Yes you need to have £5000 in the account for the full 6 months

Yes you need to have £5000 in the account for the full 6 months

What a stupid rule.

A lot of people save for their holidays not have lump sums stashed just for Immigration to see

Lucky I can get a Non O if I need one

What a stupid rule.

A lot of people save for their holidays not have lump sums stashed just for Immigration to see

Lucky I can get a Non O if I need one

yeah, I'm going to take a weekend in Hong Kong and just re-enter on a new 30 day tourist visa...

my trip thus time is with visa stamp on arrival, no return flight booked yet, from Aus to Singapore and not e even a query from Scoot Airlines nor when I arrived in BKK

Archived