IGNORED

Herpes - Apparently not so bad

Eastboy

Of all the STDs it seems herpes stands alone, it's not serious, mostly embarrassing, and cannot be protected against with condoms.

Given the mongering lifestyle I imagined I would contract it eventually, which according to the latest evidence most of us already have.

Seems it's a lot more common than we know, and most people have it but never develop symptoms.

Here's a entertaining explanation

Wao that a great video, now I remember what those red bumps were after my last trip [emoji14] [emoji14].

I thought it was just skin rash, didn't do anything and they were gone after a week or ten. [emoji4] [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

....and cannot be fully protected against with condoms.

I corrected one bit for you. Condoms do provide some protection.

Also you need to be careful not to be mislead. The 90% infection rate includes oral herpes (and perhaps other herpes strains eg chick pox). In the US it is estimated that 1 in 6 have genital herpes which is a lot less than 90%!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I've got "Shingles" it's also belongs to the Herpes family called Herpes zoster!

Everyone that got Chickenpox as young carry this virus for the rest of their lives!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

If you get coldsores around your lips (I don't) you have the Herpes virus in your body. All though a different variety than found on genitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

I corrected one bit for you. Condoms do provide some protection.

Also you need to be careful not to be mislead. The 90% infection rate includes oral herpes (and perhaps other herpes strains eg chick pox). In the US it is estimated that 1 in 6 have genital herpes which is a lot less than 90%!

Granted condoms give some protection, but all you need is skin contact, and after sex most of us remove the condom and enjoy lying together legs entwined.

I don't understand why people draw this distinction between genital herpes and oral herpes, they're both red bumps on different parts of your body. One is clearly visible to passersby and the other only when you about to get jiggy.

I wouldn't want either, and although I don't have any symptoms I might well be a carrier as well as many mongers. 

I'd still rather not catch it

How do you plan to protect yourself...

Religious inspection of girls, although they might have no symptoms.

No kissing

No mongering :)

Latest news on herpes is that scientist's are looking into it as a cure for skin cancer, weird huh?

A pioneering drug made from the herpes virus could potentially help thousands of skin cancer patients once it becomes available in Britain.The drug, T VEC, is a genetically engineered version of the cold sore virus which attacks malignant melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer.It works by sparking a reaction from the immune system while simultaneously killing cancer cells.

Latest news on herpes is that scientist's are looking into it as a cure for skin cancer, weird huh?

A pioneering drug made from the herpes virus could potentially help thousands of skin cancer patients once it becomes available in Britain.The drug, T VEC, is a genetically engineered version of the cold sore virus which attacks malignant melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer.It works by sparking a reaction from the immune system while simultaneously killing cancer cells.

Amazing

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/may/26/skin-cancer-patients-successfully-treated-with-herpes-based-drug

Love comes and goes, but herpes is forever...

(anon)

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

I've got "Shingles" it's also belongs to the Herpes family called Herpes zoster!

Everyone that got Chickenpox as young carry this virus for the rest of their lives!

Plahgat

Got Shingles when I was very young (about 10), can be quite dangerous for children but I seemed to turn out ok...well sort of

:68:

herpes is rife in pattaya ..the most common thing to catch

It's rife everywhere. But half the people who have it don't know, and even if it is symptomatic it's really no big deal.

Plahgat

Just to make it clear it is the same virus with different manifestations. I too had chicken pox and developed singles a couple of years ago. Most people only ever have one attack which is good news.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I've had herpes for decades, maybe once every two years I get some pus filled bumps in the crotch, I don't have sex for those few days, no biggie.

One time in the bar a TG wanted a ST and I told/showed her why I was saying no thanks, she say "no probem, I have too"   555.

I've had herpes for decades, maybe once every two years I get some pus filled bumps in the crotch, I don't have sex for those few days, no biggie.

One time in the bar a TG wanted a ST and I told/showed her why I was saying no thanks, she say "no probem, I have too"   555.

Did you share each others

I am not making any judgements. You can be shedding the virus (ie be contagious) without showing any symptoms.

Conversely your partner may be infectious with no visible signs.

I am not making any judgements. You can be shedding the virus (ie be contagious) without showing any symptoms.

Conversely your partner may be infectious with no visible signs.

All true, but this brings up the complex questions.

How do you protect yourself if you don't have herpes?

How do you ensure you don't spread it, if you do have it, if you can spread it without being symptomatic?

All true, but this brings up the complex questions.

How do you protect yourself if you don't have herpes?

How do you ensure you don't spread it, if you do have it, if you can spread it without being symptomatic?

The answer is obvious but not popular... :GoldenSmile1:

The answer is obvious but not popular... :GoldenSmile1:

It is?  You don't mean... abstinence!!!     :22600584-Th:

Problem is the people who don't have herpes can pretend to take the moral high ground, and say "You shouldn't sleep around as you could infect innocent bar girls" Of course this will also be to the benefit on the monger.

However the people who do have herpes will retort "You're just thinking of yourself, if you don't want to catch herpes than you should follow monogamy or abstinence"

You only have control over your own behavior, so regardless of whether or not you have herpes, the only way to protect yourself is abstinence, or a monogamous relationship where you both get checked out first. However being STD free seems like a poor basis for a relationship.

and cannot be protected against with condoms.

5 Things to Know About Herpes - New York Times

http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/26/5-things-to-know-about-herpes/

"Condoms can cut the risk of transmitting herpes by half." 

1. Use condoms wisely. Condoms can cut the risk of transmitting herpes by half. Since the virus sheds outside the vagina or anal area, experts advise wearing a condom during genital touching or foreplay. Even some protection is better than none. Those who wore condoms 25 percent of the time reduced their risk of transmitting herpes as well, one study found.

Granted, it does not protect men in the same way it protects women, but given the fact that such a large percentage do not know they have it, and it is transferable, condom usage will reduce transmission to women, who can thereby spread it to men.

Here's another source from a reputable OB/GYN: 

Condoms not effective against HPV or herpes

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Condoms-not-effective-against-HPV-or-herpes-3650285.php

Bad information to give out. Maybe it's harmless by itself. If you come in contact with other diseases it will make it much easier for you to become infected.

Archived