IGNORED

Heavy Data Sim Card - Jan 2016 trip

duckyousucker

Hey hey. Sounds great Tokiojoe

Beeing an absolute noob with theese issues, and also quite pissed with TOT for the time beeing. The contract/period of many years with tot broadband to my condo has expired and to just renew the conditions with TOT were very very difficult on my last visit. But I spend only a month a year in thai so an easier and more flexible fix sounds great.

So, - is it really easy and possible to just walk up to a booth in CF and get help to set up a smartphone for datatraffic like tokiojoe says above, and then use this as a router for tablet and/or computer.

For less than 1000 bath? No need of other gismos, dings and beepbeep devices? Should I bring anything more with me?, (except my samsung GT 19300, passport,long trousers a shirt with a collar and a handfull of bath). This will be an old mobilephone of mine for thaiuse only btw.

When it comes to internet issues any guidance and help is wormly welcommed.

Snowizard, yeah that is what I do. If the hotel Wi-Fi is slow or unreliable, I setup tethering on my Android phone and then log my devices on to that. All you need is an unlocked 4G phone that supports tethering. Oppo didn't even ask for my passport this time, I thought they were supposed to be doing that now. The SIM also comes with DTAC Wi-Fi access where that is available but it doesn't make much sense if you have unlimited.

Hi is that the 12gb one?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

My hotel wifi went down tonight and I had to use my DTAC SIM as a backup. Netflix streaming was very smooth over 4G.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your respond and advice!

I'm up to Oppo in a few days then to check this out.

Cheers☺

• 1 month later...

When you guys are referencing 4G speeds, are you talking about 4G LTE?

I'm asking because I'm a newbie to Thailand and Pattaya. Planning a trip next month to Pattaya, and I'm thinking of bringing my Samsung S7, which uses 4G LTE here in the USA. If I use a Thai SIM Card, will it be using my phone's 4G LTE, OR the old 4G?

When you guys are referencing 4G speeds, are you talking about 4G LTE?

I'm asking because I'm a newbie to Thailand and Pattaya. Planning a trip next month to Pattaya, and I'm thinking of bringing my Samsung S7, which uses 4G LTE here in the USA. If I use a Thai SIM Card, will it be using my phone's 4G LTE, OR the old 4G?

Firstly the phone must be unlocked. To get LTE in Thailand your phone must have the bands that support LTE for the Thai carrier.

You can use this website

http://willmyphonework.net/

Firstly the phone must be unlocked. To get LTE in Thailand your phone must have the bands that support LTE for the Thai carrier.

You can use this website

http://willmyphonework.net/

Yes, the phone is unlocked. As I see it, that's a totally different issue than the data speeds the phone will use once it is in the 4G network in Thailand.

Yes, the phone is unlocked. As I see it, that's a totally different issue than the data speeds the phone will use once it is in the 4G network in Thailand.

You need to make sure your model supports the 4G bands in Thailand. Use that site I posted

You need to make sure your model supports the 4G bands in Thailand. Use that site I posted

The site says the phone is supported on TrueMove's Thailand network. As I expect to purchase a Thailand SIM card upon arrival, I do not know if this (TrueMove SIM) is the best choice for a Thai SIM card, but it seems at least 3 Thai networks support 4G LTE while using this phone.

The listed networks whose SIM cards might support 4G LTE while using my phone in Thailand are:

AIS

DTAC

TrueMove H

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I purchased the AIS 20GBpackage from the Airport on my arrival and now it's 4GB after heavy data usage. Can I top it up?and does Tukom has the shop that sells an AIS data top up cards.

Thank You,

SG

Archived