IGNORED

Staying in One Hotel vs Moving Around

Explorer8939

The last time I was in Pattaya for 10 days, I ended up switching hotels every few days, so I wouldn't be stuck near the same bars for days on end. So, I stayed at Flipper on Soi 7, moved over to Walking Street GuestHouse while spending time on Walking Street, and other hotels, as well.

The problem was that moving from hotel to hotel turned   out to be no fun with a heavy suitcase, and taxis charge a fortune in Pattaya, I guess because they cruise around all day looking for a fare to Bangkok.  Also, I could not confine myself to the bars near my hotel, when I was at the Walking Street hotel, I ended up going to Soi 6 every day.

So, for my next trip, I am going to bag it and just spend the time at Dynasty for the whole trip.

So, what do you guys do? Stay in one place or move around?

Too much moving causes stress and the movings a pain , depends on how long your stay , I think the Walking Street area is just ok for a visit or three too expensive too touristy , prefer other areas like sio 6 area and  the Metro area , If I want to visit Walking Street its not far to get there .Next year I will stay at one of the nice guest houses and not keep moving to different hotels don't fancy that at all . just saying .. .

I don't see the point in moving around like that.

I come to a Pattaya for some R&R and couldn't be bothered with slumming around. I stay at the Marriott which is an ideal location for me - I know what to expect, am comfortable and don't have to worry about anything for the 1-3 nights I'm usually in Patts for.

Just pick a place you like and stay put.

Stay in one place. Take baht buses and/or motorcycle taxis if you want to go somewhere outside of walking distance to your hotel.

Too lazy to change hotels, too lazy to take baht buses everywhere. Big problem.

I guess this time around, I will be forcing myself to take the baht buses.

Too lazy to change hotels, too lazy to take baht buses everywhere. Big problem.

I guess this time around, I will be forcing myself to take the baht buses.

Jesus, if you're too lazy to take the baht bus, how do you muster the energy to drink and fuck?

I usually stay at one place but on this occasion have decided to mix it up. For my upcoming trip I'll be staying 3-nights on LK, & then moving on to WS.

I understand the benefits of remaining in one place but I've only the 1 backpack as luggage, & can get from LK to WS for just a short walk & 10B.

I don't understand why anyone would plan to move hotels every couple of days. If on holiday the last thing I want to do is lug stuff between hotels. Getting around central Pattaya is easy.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I like staying close to Soi Metro / buakhow, close to everything needed from there, but also tired of one hotel more than a week so i change sometimes

between like OZO, Centra avenue, April Suites, LK Renaissance, Page 10 and other middle class hotels. Usually take my suitcase on baht bus and walk.

for my 30 days in february its one week soi diane bukhow,one week soi 2,one week jomtien,andwill decide the last 9 nights when i am there.

Had 1 trip a couple of years ago that got extended due to unforeseen circumstances so had no hotel after the first 3 weeks and ended up moving 5 times over the next 5 weeks,

Hated it...

Now book well in advance, if I want to go somewhere for 2 or 3 days I just keep my main hotel room on.

Shaky.

On my first solo trip to Pattaya mixed it up but no more.

Like OP says way too much stress over unpacking/repacking and moving around with luggage. I'm there on vacation not stress over things like that.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I stay in one place fuck me could not be bothered with moving hotels every few days .............after a few days the room is home motor bike taxis ,,baht bus and shankes pony have baht will travel...

Once im settled thats it,i just cant be arsed moving around packing/unpacking all the time,of course if you dont like where you`re staying/have issues by all means move,It would have to be something bad for me to shift though!

Jesus, if you're too lazy to take the baht bus, how do you muster the energy to drink and fuck?

I end up visiting bars near the hotel.

Too many years in Mexico, I got lazy, what can I say?

I would just book into one hotel and take baht buses, motorcycle taxis, and walk to where I need to go.  Too much of a hassle to keep changing hotels.  The only downside is what if the place you book is next door to a construction site that you didn't know would be happening.

In a 3 week holiday I stay at around 4 different places. I like mixing it up and trying different priced places in different areas. Always my preference to party close to where I am staying rather than baht buses and mototaxis.

Packing my gear takes about 15 minutes so is no real hassle.

If you don't want girls popping up at your hotel while your banging another bird keep moving around. They will do this and cause problems or a scene. Change hotels for safety.

Hundreds of girls and never, not even once, has this problem.

Pattaya is tiny, from our point of view as the night-life is at most a baht bus ride away if you stay centrally.

As for problems with the girls.................

Just be honest with them at the very start

Tell them you don't want a girl friend your just here to have fun and like to change girls every night.

Works for me.. 

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I normally stay in one hotel.  One trip I stayed a week in The Scenery city hotel and the second week at August Suites.  I checked out and just caught a baht bus ride down second road, I quite enjoyed the change of scene.

My last trip I had 17 nights total in one hotel and even with a 4 day side trip to Chiang Mai in the middle it felt to long for me to be in the one hotel.  It has swung me towards thinking that next time I will book at least two different places over 2 weeks. 

my last 3 visits to pattaya are the same 1 month in diana oasis on bukhaow, then move to some guesthouse on soi lengkee for 1 month, it ie easy to go every where with baht bus or motocy any where. jomtien naklua ..... but i like to walk alot.   changing hotel so often to much hassle

Archived