IGNORED

First timer in Pattaya

getudachoppa

My first trip was last month and I really didn't expect to take my clubs out of the travel case!! However it would be a sin not too as the courses are amazing! Would recommend the outback golf bar (darkside) and the sugar shack on soi 13/3. They provide transport,well organised golf,and great fun on the course and back at the bar- all at great prices

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, what if one is not carrying his/her golf gear, is it easy to get/rent?

Hi guys, what if one is not carrying his/her golf gear, is it easy to get/rent?

No probs mate. Can rent a set from 200THB upwards. Many bars do this, but also try Thaigerline golf in soi Choiapoon (1 minute from LK Metro).  Thaigerline has top brand names for hire.

Thai-Ger Line Golf

We used Thaigerline in January, they had a lot to choose from and where very helpful and accommodating. We will be using them again later in the year.

• 7 months later...

If you play with a bar the typical greens fee is somewhere between $30-$50. Carts are $20. Caddie are $10 and most guys tip the caddie another $10. Bus transport is $10 and the comp fee is another $6. All-in it's from $86-$106. You can walk a lot of the course so $20 can be saved there. You MUST take a caddie however.

This is depressing. I figured it might cost this much to play in Thailand. In California I've gotten used to playing super twilight fo $10 to $24. Hoping to live in Thailand 4 months a year and be able to also golf.

playing golf in thailand is expensive no matter what way you do it, society or otherwise, the top courses will set you back including transport and fees more than 100$,but joining a good society is key, but then most of the societys don't play the top courses for that reason, the golden feret is very good, put your name down the day before and turn up next day, or give peter a call.

+66 87 815 0433

This is depressing. I figured it might cost this much to play in Thailand. In California I've gotten used to playing super twilight fo $10 to $24. Hoping to live in Thailand 4 months a year and be able to also golf.

The prevailing "theory" is that Thais don't play golf - they can't afford it. That leave the vast majority of the demand from foreigners, who Thailand believes CAN afford it.

If you think about it there's really no reason for it to be so expensive.

In the USA for instance, it costs a fortune to buy the land and have the course built in the first place. Maintenance requires labor. That is expensive too. R.E. taxes are high (I admit I have no idea what the taxes are in Thailand). Employees needed to run the course, while they aren't being paid a fortune, I expect, are far better paid than the corresponding Thai employees.

So land, building the course and maintaining it, by FAR the most expensive things to build and maintain an American course, are all FAR CHEAPER in Thailand. Yet the cost to play an equivalent Thai course is more than the American course(s).

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived