IGNORED

The LK Renaissance - Supplemental

denuk2003

This hotel has already been discussed in the following topic:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/LK-Re...;hl=renaissance

which included pictures. I just wanted to add a few additional comments after my recent stay there.

I like the grand styling of this place. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Ironically, the showers were among the smallest I have been in. Ok someone of average falang size like myself but not for sharing.

Another important point about the showers is that, for some strange reason, they are not available in the standard rooms. (They do have shower attachments on the baths but you have to hold the attachment as there is nowhere to hook it on wall. Plus, there is no shower curtain.) So book a deluxe room if you are one of those people who insist on a proper walk-in shower.

The noise from the nearby bars is IMHO intrusive. So, I recommend booking a room on the back side of the hotel if you are a light sleeper or sometimes like to sleep before 3am in the morning.

The only real deficiency of this hotel for me was the lack of a gym or fitness room. However, guests do get free usage of the gym in the LK Metropole which is a couple of minutes walk down the same soi. But, be warned, there is no hot water in the showers attached to the gym at the Metropole. (This is, apparently, by design - or maybe the builder forgot to install the pipes.) So unless you know somebody in one of the Metropole's rooms your options are to either walk (or run) back to the Renaissance and shower there or brave the seriously cold water at the Metropole.

A buffet breakfast is included and this was fine for me. All I personally need is a selection of fruits and I am content. But there was plenty more to eat.

The gym deficiency was not enough to put me off staying at the Renaissance and I was sufficiently satisfied to have already booked another stay there on my next trip.

Finally, the local taxis and motor bikes seem know the location of the hotel as being on Soi Diana Inn rather than the official address (33/154 Moo 10).

Den.

Click here to check out pricesl

An excellent and comprehensive assessment of an exceptional hotel and I concur on all that you say except the breakfast (due to the fact that I never got up in time for lunch let alone breakfast, so never sampled it :P ), thanks for your efforts in posting this, much appreciated

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Anything the LK family do is done well

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I'm trying to decide between LK Renaissance and Tim Boutique. What I really liked about Tim was it was on a quietly secluded soi and just out the door was a little eatery, barber shop and laundry. At the LK, are there street vendors nearby? I like to eat mostly street food when in Thailand. Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to decide between LK Renaissance and Tim Boutique. What I really liked about Tim was it was on a quietly secluded soi and just out the door was a little eatery, barber shop and laundry. At the LK, are there street vendors nearby? I like to eat mostly street food when in Thailand. Thanks in advance.

If you are with in 3rd road you are never far from a street vendor :P

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Hi there me great mate, yeas there are some vendors outside, but I cannot attest to the quality of the fare as i never got round to sampling it. Be great to see you in November buddy

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

don't know about street vendors but if you like pool the Megabreak is right opposite the LK R!!

I stayed in the LK Renaissance for two weeks this summer and overall enjoyed the stay. Dislikes: regular room only had hand held wand for shower without curtain or wall mount. Annoying but not worth the extra price for the bigger room with a proper shower. AC and electricity turns off when you take card out of the slot and leave room. Could not use other plastic card or object to keep on while out. Room takes a while to cool down after being gone most of the day. No wireless but had wired connection in room for free. Breakfast dining is open air facing on Soi Diana so noisy, hot and with flies.

Likes: large fridge to keep lots of drinks and things. Had DVD/CD player and free movies available from reception. Laptop fits in room safe. Had bathrobes, slippers, scale and usual bathroom toilettries. My room was on the back side and was quiet as no building behind the hotel, just open grassy area without development. Had steam room and sauna by pool. Never had anyone else in them. Staff friendly and did not check ID of guest. Mini Mart across the street and few laundry very close. Has free computer in lobby.

Prices in high season will be more expensive and may make other places a better value. Was fine in low season and would stay there again.

Common sense is not very common.

Spent a couple of weeks at the LK Renaissance and they always checked IDs. I came in one night with a girl who said she had lost her ID. The attendant called the manager over and he politely explained that the girl did not have her ID and that it would be "up to me" if I wanted her to come up.

I only ate the breakfast one time, but found it to be dissapointing. Other than that the hotel was great and I would stay there again.

So at night, the hotel doesn't require a girl to register and leave her ID at the front desk? If so, that could be a safety hazard, especially after hearing all the stories about guys getting drugged, etc.

It was early in the evening, we are both older and probably looked more like a regular couple as she was dressed conservatively. We just said hello to the people on duty, did not approach the desk and kept walking. She stayed with me a number of days and the doorman was always courteous and friendly whenever we/she went in and out. I think if with a younger or obvious bar girl I would have taken her to the front desk. Not sure if others had similar experiences as I did not spend much time in the lobby area.

Common sense is not very common.

It was early in the evening, we are both older and probably looked more like a regular couple as she was dressed conservatively. We just said hello to the people on duty, did not approach the desk and kept walking. She stayed with me a number of days and the doorman was always courteous and friendly whenever we/she went in and out. I think if with a younger or obvious bar girl I would have taken her to the front desk. Not sure if others had similar experiences as I did not spend much time in the lobby area.

I stayed in the LK Renaissance in July/August this year and on most occassions the various ladies accompanying me into the hotel were not requested to show ID. In fact on a few occasions girls were allowed to enter and come directly to my room unaccompanied by myself!

I have nothing but praise for this hotel as the standard of accommodation is very high, very friendly helpful staff etc. However, there is a question about security. Ladies coming directly up to the room could cause problems or lead to embarrassing situations if another lady is already in the room. In fairness to the hotel most of the ladies allowed directly to my room had previously stayed with me for a few days and were recognised as guests by the hotel.

Cheers

Joe

Many a day, shall we rest in the clay!

2892970184_91050afce6_m.jpg

Ban Chang Dance Contest (Trip Report)

Couple other notes.

I asked for an ID check and was obliged by the front desk, no problem. However, the front desk did not call back up to check on me when I sent her home some hours later. Not really a big deal, but I think this is a nice touch on the part of most "better" establishments.

Also, the "Superior" rooms have the bogus wand-only shower in the tub. Otherwise the superior seems like the deluxe but at a lower rate. Now I understand why.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same dilemna: tim's boutique or LK renaissance?

Everyone is complaining about LK renaissance bathroom. Is it that bad? the pictures look like it is a jetted tub, is it?

Does the Tim Boutique regular room have bathtub? or only shower?

If you don't mind the shower in the tub at LK Renaissance, which would you choose.

LK is a little cheaper in Dec for regular room.

also, i'll be with a girl for a few days. Which would she like better, LK or Tim;s?

Everyone is complaining about LK renaissance bathroom. Is it that bad? the pictures look like it is a jetted tub, is it?

If you don't mind the shower in the tub at LK Renaissance, which would you choose.

In the studio rooms there is just a jetted tub... there is a shower attachment but nothing to attach it to and no shower curtain or screen.

I was pretty suprised to see this to be honest.

The basic room at Tim Boutique has a shower separate from the bathtub. The shower stall is very small though, so the water only hits the top half of your body. I eventuallly took all my showers in the bathtub, using the detachable nozzle so I could properly wash my cock, balls and ass.

I'm also wondering which one to take, Tim Boutique or LK. Since I'm very very light sleeper ams many BMs tend to think LK is noisier so it seems Tim Boutique is the better choice or am I wrong. Of course, it's more expensive but what can you do. Pattaya Bay Resort seemed to be an excellent choise but I've heard meny BMs complaining about thin walls and noise so that is out of the question.

BTW, does anybody know what's the very big hotel opposite to Heaven Above and Insomnia Gentlemens Club. Or is it a hotel or some apartment building? If it's a hotel, at least the location could not be any better, IMO.

Life is too short to be small!

many BMs tend to think LK is noisier

BTW, does anybody know what's the very big hotel opposite to Heaven Above and Insomnia Gentlemens Club. Or is it a hotel or some apartment building? If it's a hotel, at least the location could not be any better, IMO.

If you get a room facing away from Soi Diana you will not hear a dicki bird... I am a light sleeper and I slept like a log.

I don't know which hotel you are talking about (Diamond hotel maybe) but I would say, that area is very noisy at night.

If you get a room facing away from Soi Diana you will not hear a dicki bird... I am a light sleeper and I slept like a log.

I don't know which hotel you are talking about (Diamond hotel maybe) but I would say, that area is very noisy at night.

Thanks for the tip mate. So maybe it would be good to ask for a room facing away from Diana when making the reservation.

Well, now I have again two choices. If you are familiar with Tim Boutique as well, which one you would recommend if the price factor is not considered? I mean, which one has more quality in terms of star rating/overall appearence etc? I've understood both of the places are guest friendly so that shouldn't be an issue...

PS. You were absolutely right when recommending not to take a hotel from North Pattaya in an another thread a few months ago. It was waaay to far from the action but unfortunately I was unable to cancel the reservation in Best Western Pattaya via my travel agency with reasonable cost so I had to take it. Well, next time I won't do the same mistake.

Edited by FinnPower

Life is too short to be small!

I booked a superior room here for November. I will report bak on how it all went. I will be staying there for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.

I booked a superior room here for November. I will report bak on how it all went. I will be staying there for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.
I'm staying there as well. See you in a couple weeks m8. I promise there will be no ball throwing on this trip :Oops1: