IGNORED

General Tso's Chicken

bossfearless

Yes, Chinese American fried rice.

Thank god you didn't put a fried egg on top.  I never understood why American Fried rice always has a fried egg on top of it in Thailand (and the philippines).  I have never seen it served like that in the US.

Wow I impressed with your dedication to customer service!

To be honest, I have only seen mixed reviews of your restaurants. But this really makes me want to give it a try.

The W/R is one of the best restaurants in Patts without a doubt

Thank god you didn't put a fried egg on top.  I never understood why American Fried rice always has a fried egg on top of it in Thailand (and the philippines).  I have never seen it served like that in the US.

American fried rice in Thailand is purely a Thai invention. Not found in the U.S. The supposed history is that it was stuff Thai cooks in Pattaya thought would please American soldiers during the Vietnam war. Hot dogs. Why not? Well, in the U.S. Not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that I've started a trend, that by this time next year General Tso's will have invaded Pattaya and it will all be my fault :)

Out of interest,how is Tso's pronounced?

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

In American the ts is a CH and the word rhymes with FLOWS.

Honestly nobody seems to be sure so it varies from place to place. Some places it's pronounced t-so's, some places it's tao's, some places it's so's, so just pronounce it however you want. Nobody cares as long as there is chicken.

Honestly nobody seems to be sure so it varies from place to place. Some places it's pronounced t-so's, some places it's tao's, some places it's so's, so just pronounce it however you want. Nobody cares as long as there is chicken.

I think you drop the 'T' when saying it.

Yes, there are varying pronunciations in the U.S. and it is a U.S. dish so any of the typical ones there is correct enough. Mostly where I lived it was CHOS. Don't ask why. 

Archived