IGNORED

Thailand books

Daveo

I agree Thailand Fever is good for the culteral differences, though "Lady of Pattaya" is very good also

as is "Farang Revenge" and "Lady of Issan" not to mention------------

"My Sweet Honey" I think thats the name of it, it prints letter from farang to bar girls and back and attempts to get their views------------------

There is a thread on Pattaya Addicts with a link to a free pdf download for the book Private Dancer...i will see if i can locate it or maybe u can........i downloaded it myself a couple of months ago

I think the best book about bargirls and the likes of us suckers believing what they spin is Jeremy Seabrooks Travel in the skin trade. Anopther trilogy of novels that I loved even though there were lots of typos in the first couple of prints were by a guy named J Gump and are still available in Bookazine

There is a thread on Pattaya Addicts with a link to a free pdf download for the book Private Dancer...i will see if i can locate it or maybe u can........i downloaded it myself a couple of months ago

http://www.stephenleather.com/unpub.html

From the source :D

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

I really enjoyed 'Escape From The Bangkok Hilton', I think it's by David Macmillan.

Cheers

Wax

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

New books in this week;

Amazulu, by Walton Golightly. Sleepers by L Caracatera. The Kite runner by K Hosseini.

Scorpion trail by G Archer. The Beach by A Garland. Road Rage by Ruth Rendall. Cut Throat by L Stacey.

The Untouchable by G Seymour. Forever Odd by D Koontz. The outside man by R North Patterson.

The god of Small things by A. Roy. On chisel beach by I McEwan. City of Dark hearts by James Canon.

Buried by M Billingham. Precipice by Colin Forbes. Cop hater by Ed McBain.

Empire of the sun by P W Roberts. The Long firm by Jake Arnott. The Godfather by M Puzo.

The colour of a dog running away by R Gwyn. The killing ground by Jack Higgins. Emperor, The Gods of War and Emperor The Death of Kings both by C Iggulden. Birdsong by S Faulks. Archangel by R Harris.

Dirty White boys by S Hunter. Sword song by B Cornwell. 2 in one book Land of fire & Greed by Chris Ryan.

A lighthearted look at Murder by M Watson. The Judas strain by J Rollins.

Isaacs Storm, (The drowning of Galveston, 8th September 1900 by Erik Larson. Isbn # 1-85702-842-2.

Review;What a great story! This book just raced along full of facts and interesting detail about "a man, a time, and the deadliest hurricane in history." I must admit that when this book was first released in Australia I wasn't overly interested. It didn't sound like something that would interest me in the slightest.

How wrong can you be, after picking the book up for the third or fourth time and actually taking the time to see what the story was about I had to read it. The author, Erik Larson, presents a gripping and terrible account of the events leading up to the destruction on Galveston on the 8th of September 1900 by one of the deadliest hurricanes in America's history. Along the way the Larson provides details of man's efforts to predict and control the weather and the often-disastrous results when we got it wrong!

The personal accounts offered in this book are often very touching and the human drama really gets you involved in the story. The narrative moves along like an action paced novel and you find yourself up in the early hours of the morning glued to the pages. I really didn't want this story to finish, it was a great account and the only fault I could find was a lack of photographs. On a number of occasions Larson refers to old black and white photographs that he had seen during his research for this book, it would have been nice to share these with his audience. Overall this is a great book and well worth the time to read.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Also

The Lost Masters by Peter Harclerode

In this history of World War II, a BBC reporter describes how the Nazis looted Europe's museums and galleries and sent hundreds of confiscated paintings and priceless artifacts to Germany. In doing so he reveals the villains who participated in these robberies and mourns the numerous treasures that remain lost or were destroyed due to mishandling. ..

Strange places & questionable People , News from no mans land both by John Simpson.

The Great divide, Behind closed doors at Arsenal and Spurs.

Man United ruined my wife by D Blatt.

Bad Thoughts by J Whyte (Philosophy)

Ratpack (Confidetial) by S N Levy,(Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis junior P Lawford & Joey Bishop)

Walking on thin Ice by D H Adams.

Nobody's mentioned "Patpong Sisters" by Cleo Odzer.

Odzer is an American woman who spent time living with Patpong girls and boys, doing research for her doctorate. She is non-judgemental, certainly not a femi-nazi. She writes about her own troubled romance with a Thai boy - I guess the reverse of farang man - Thai girl story in most of the books listed so far. It's an easy, interesting read. Cleo Odzer also wrote "Goa Freaks: My Hippie Years in India". The title tells it all. She has a web page - google "cleo odzer" to find it.

Noted most of the True Crime books in stock today, as follows;

Cosa Nostra: A History of the Sicilian Mafia.

Criminal Masterminds. The Gangland war. Gangland by J Morton. The contract killers.

The good guys wear black, ( British Armed Police) by S Collins.

Dome Raiders, (how Scotland yard foiled the robbery). Born under punches by Martyn Waites.

Mr Nasty, ( misadventures in the drug world) by C White.

Gomorrah, Italy's Other Mafia by Roberto Saviano. Crime lord; The licence, by D Leslie. You nice Bastard by G F Newman. Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties by Alan Brazil, Mike Parry.

Triad Takeover : A Terrifying Account Of The Spread Of Triad Crime In The West by D Black.

The family business, on the streets of Manilla, New york & Bangkok by B Bales. The Mafia by C Stirling.

Brothers in blood, ( 2 brothers who killed thier parents). Lady Killer, ( re the Suzy Lamplugh murder).

Beyond Cruel by Stephen G. Michaud. Baby-Faced Butchers by Stella Sands. Born fighter, Reg Kray.

England my England (England Football fans) by D & E Brimson. World famous Serial killers by C & D Wilson.

Stop the ride, The rides back on & Raving lunacy all by Dave courtney. The Joy, ( Mountjoy Prison ).

The Cromwell street murders by B Gardner. Underboss, Sammy the Bull Gravano's life in the Mafia

Murder with Venom, Poisons & Poisoners by B Mariner. Mafia, crime without frontiers by M Glenny.

The rise & fall of Curtis Warren ( Cockey ) Britains biggest drug baron. Cocain trail by S Smith.

Love Me or I'll Kill You by Lee Butcher. Shot in the Heart, One Families history in Murder by Mikel Gilmore.

A rose for her grave & other true cases by Ann Rule. Imfamous Murders, Maniacs filled with Hatred & Rage.

Wasted, inside the Rob Chambers & Jennifer Levin Murders by L Wolfe.

Crimes & Criminals, Hard cases by G Kellerman. Armed & Dangerous by Eddie Richardson.

Sins of the Father, a family running from the Mob.

The Missing Girls by L O'Neal, P Tennyson, & R Watson.

Doing The Business, Inside The Krays' Secret Network.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started reading Thailand Fever yesterday, so far it has been a good source of info. I would recomend it even if you aren't planning on a relationship with a TG.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

-Bruce Lee

Yes that book has always been popular with good feedback from people who have read it and been a good seller, I would say in the top ten Thai related books

Nobody's mentioned "Patpong Sisters" by Cleo Odzer.

Odzer is an American woman who spent time living with Patpong girls and boys, doing research for her doctorate. She is non-judgemental, certainly not a femi-nazi. She writes about her own troubled romance with a Thai boy - I guess the reverse of farang man - Thai girl story in most of the books listed so far. It's an easy, interesting read. Cleo Odzer also wrote "Goa Freaks: My Hippie Years in India". The title tells it all. She has a web page - google "cleo odzer" to find it.

Iread that a while back, maybe 7 years ago, she struck me as a naive hippie. If you like a more academic read, try The Skin Trade