IGNORED

Thailand books

Daveo

If your a book reader, what Thai book hits home to you or your situation, could you, should we write a book about our situation.

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Two books immediately pop into my mind, first is Private Dancer, with the first reading before arrival, the second after you have ignored it and been burned for the first time. The second is Thailand Fever, to be read once you begin slipping towards, or even thinking about another 'relationship.' If you ever find yourself thinking 'my girl is different, then back for a third reading of Private Dancer, repeat as necessary.

Rick - Cynical OF & PIT

Yes Private Dancer, the most popular book by the sales.

Thailand Fever is a good book which discusses the considerable differences between western and Thai cultures and approach to love, money and family. The concept of commitment to parents and sharing what you have seems to be a key difference to western independence and asset accumulation. For poor families it is hard to get ahead when any resources needs to be redistributted to others in the family who may not be doing enough to be self sufficient. Westerners joining the family are also expected to support others which makes them feel like a meal ticket yet Thais may not understand the reluctance to not use your resources to help the family. Many relationship issues seem to stem from the two different approachs to money and its use in support of the extended family.

The book is written in English and Thai so that your TGF can read it and understand the key differences between the cultures and how certain things are viewed by others. Well worth the read.

Common sense is not very common.

Private dancer is the extreme of Bar girl and monger though and a bit OTT.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Private Dancer - All about monger and Bar girls.

Thailand Fever - Great book and a must read if you're involved or thinking of getting in a relationship with a TG.

My Nan is Nan - Good book about bar girls and the games they play and the way they manipulate men.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Yes all good examples.

Private dancer, my work mate who has been 3 times said he was gonna give me this book before i go to read on plane,hes fucked off now though without leaving it for me[on rig] so im gonna buy it.

Private dancer, my work mate who has been 3 times said he was gonna give me this book before i go to read on plane,hes fucked off now though without leaving it for me[on rig] so im gonna buy it.

I'd advise you to read it after you have been.

But if you do read it before you go take what is said in it with a pinch of salt, it's not bang on the money. It's the extreme of the monger and the Thai Hooker.

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

But if you do read it before you go take what is said in it with a pinch of salt, it's not bang on the money. It's the extreme of the monger and the Thai Hooker.

Ok Q ,ill take yer advice and get it when im back ,the anticipation ill let linger a little longer till i get there,cheers man.

Ok Q ,ill take yer advice and get it when im back ,the anticipation ill let linger a little longer till i get there,cheers man.

No probs mate. :ThumbUp6:

Don't worry about anything. I always feel that these boards are a double edged sword, you get great information, but at the same time it can be information overload. :Evil_Grin2:

The bad stories you hear are a tiny tiny % of what goes on and in reality you are highly unlikely to have anything bad happen. Just make sure you lock important stuff in your safe, and don't walk on the promanade side of the beach road once it gets dark.

Personaly i don't take any plastic cards out with me, i go to the ATM before i go out then take the card home and just go out with cash, i know loads of people hate to be parted from thier cards though.

Take travlers cheques too as back up incase you loose your cards.

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I would like to thank Daveo for suggesting books to read in previous posts.

Thai Honey, Butterfly, Private Dancer which are very good, and now some more which im just about to start: Bangkok 8, Bangkok Haunts and Bangkok Tattoo.

Thanks

Thailand fever is a excellent book give you good idea how different our cultures are ,but a relationship can work if you are prepared to put some effort in

alan from wales

4000 Days was a good/disturbing read in an "I would never attempt that shit" kinda way.

I would like to thank Daveo for suggesting books to read in previous posts.

Thai Honey, Butterfly, Private Dancer which are very good, and now some more which im just about to start: Bangkok 8, Bangkok Haunts and Bangkok Tattoo.

Thanks

Glad you enjoyed them, did you get the 3 Bangkok books by John Burdett in the shop as we have them all signed by him.

Thailand fever is also popular and a good read, we get through quite a few, but if its not in our main shop in Soi Chaiyapoon it may well be in our other shop on Soi Bauhkow, or PM me for any book enquiries.

Dave

While I agree with most of what Q says about Private Dancer, I do not agree with waiting till you return to read it. Yes, it is over the top, the monger involved has got to be the the dumbest of all times, and the BG the very worst of the worst. I did not read it, had it but never got around to reading much of it at all before my first trip back in 2006. After a rather unpleasant ending to a 'relationship' with a BG before I returned in Jan 07, I did read the whole thing, which made me feel one heck of a lot more foolish and stupid.

There may be a few as dumb/bad as the 2 main characters, but there are a great many who make some of those mistakes, or run some of those scams. It is so very hard for the newbie to fully appreciate just how much of a fantasyland Patts is. In my opinion, knowing some of the tell tale signs to look for may help you keep your head on straight. As long as you don't fall in love, you shouldn't have any big problems, but they sure can be hard to resist.

Rick

While I agree with most of what Q says about Private Dancer, I do not agree with waiting till you return to read it. Yes, it is over the top, the monger involved has got to be the the dumbest of all times, and the BG the very worst of the worst. I did not read it, had it but never got around to reading much of it at all before my first trip back in 2006. After a rather unpleasant ending to a 'relationship' with a BG before I returned in Jan 07, I did read the whole thing, which made me feel one heck of a lot more foolish and stupid.

There may be a few as dumb/bad as the 2 main characters, but there are a great many who make some of those mistakes, or run some of those scams. It is so very hard for the newbie to fully appreciate just how much of a fantasyland Patts is. In my opinion, knowing some of the tell tale signs to look for may help you keep your head on straight. As long as you don't fall in love, you shouldn't have any big problems, but they sure can be hard to resist.

Rick

Thanks rick,im gonna try and stick to the 1 day rule with bgs and the like,im not looking to fall in love with any ,i may look the book up beforehand,then again the amount of info on here with trip reports ect would fill a book too.

Edited by phantom51red

Thanks rick,im gonna try and stick to the 1 day rule with bgs and the like,im not looking to fall in love with any ,i may look the book up beforehand,then again the amount of good info on here with trip reports ect would fill a book too.

No probs mate. :Party1:

Don't worry about anything. I always feel that these boards are a double edged sword, you get great information, but at the same time it can be information overload. :Clap8:

The bad stories you hear are a tiny tiny % of what goes on and in reality you are highly unlikely to have anything bad happen. Just make sure you lock important stuff in your safe, and don't walk on the promanade side of the beach road once it gets dark.

Personaly i don't take any plastic cards out with me, i go to the ATM before i go out then take the card home and just go out with cash, i know loads of people hate to be parted from thier cards though.

Take travlers cheques too as back up incase you loose your cards.

Bangkok 8

I always carry a card. Not so much for spending money, but if I get in a jam. I might need to charge something (emergency room, bail, who knows...) or need cash for unexpected events.

Private Dancer is a good story but the main character was an absolute cock and deserved everything he got for being such a stupid cunt. The Damage Done is one of the best stories I have ever read and I recommend it. Thailand Fever is the number one must have book if you are involved in a relationship with a Thai girl.

My Name Lon, You Like Me? is shit and I absolutely despised the man character, she was a greedy selfish twat who ended up where she deserved to be. Bangkok 8 is a very good story which I also recommend and Money Number One is very good too, ideal for somebody embarking on their first trip to PTY.

Watch this space for my first Thailand based novel.........

Edited by Siam Sam
Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Private Dancer is a good story but the main character was an absolute cock and deserved everything he got for being such a stupid cunt.

Thailand Fever is the number one must have book if you are involved in a relationship with a Thai girl.

Watch this space for my first Thailand based novel.........

100% agree with this. PD was not so over the top I think. I read it before I first went to LOS. My experiences were luckily not so damaging, but I recognized a lot of the PD description of bar girls in Pats.

Another book, Money Number One is amusing with some interesting 'need to know about BG' stuff. Very tongue in cheek.

So you're going to write a book too? See who's first :P .

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

I have to say Thailand Fever is a MUST if you are going to engage in a relationship. Teaches both about the cultural differences. There is such a difference in cultures it is unbelievable. Westerners want to save for the future, but Thais live for today.Westerners can't wait to get away from family where as Thais Have devotion to family.Everyone says Private Dancer is a must read, but I think it is a bit over the top. To me the best book I have read which explains how Thais think is "Thais Say It Best When They Say Nothing at All" It explains how they think & react to different situations.

Glad you enjoyed them, did you get the 3 Bangkok books by John Burdett in the shop as we have them all signed by him.

Have read two of them and waiting for the third to be delivered from Amazon. Would recomend them as a good read.