Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

18 Coins - what the xxxx ?

Busta Nut

It's good Seanie, just got back. I'll never forget that brilliant wingman job you did for me in that bar off of Walking Street. You kept the fatty distracted while I slipped off with her friend the hottie with big tits from Song Phii Nong. Have a great trip.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

That was a funny night. I had to take her to Insomnia and then 'lost her'in the crowds

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

I have never been impressed with 18coins/eat well/coins/jockeys 150B  fare!  Very average places flipping over the Baht before they sell!

Yep

All precooked as well even the eggs

That was a funny night. I had to take her to insomnia and then 'lost her'in the crowds

Oh, I didn't realise it got that involved. I had a great night that night...funnily enough I bumped into her again 2 years ago in Soi 6. I thought she looked familiar and I was doing all the getting to know you stuff, How old are you ? etc. and it all started adding up so I said you're from Song Phii Nong aren't you? I didn't take her again though, can't remember why. Anyway, I'll stop fcuking up this thread now.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

#18 its the only full breakfast I eat when in patts its perfect,the other coins is the worst I've had in patts

Yep

All precooked as well even the eggs

The special I had at the new Coins was not entirely precooked. The chips certainly weren't, and the peas didn't seem to have been hanging around for long either. The meat (liver, bacon) may have been precooked (almost impossible to tell), but it certainly didnt spoil the taste or texture.

Some dishes actually often benefit from being cooked and left to infuse for a long time, even days. Casseroles and curries, for example.

The special I had at the new Coins was not entirely precooked. The chips certainly weren't, and the peas didn't seem to have been hanging around for long either. The meat (liver, bacon) may have been precooked (almost impossible to tell), but it certainly didnt spoil the taste or texture.

Some dishes actually often benefit from being cooked and left to infuse for a long time, even days. Casseroles and curries, for example.

I had one of the specials a few days ago Gammon/egg/chips

Was the worst Gammon/egg/chips I have ever eaten in Patts and I have eaten loads

I will not be back

the owners tried to stiff the restaurant by upping the rent so it shifted almost opposite to what had been Eat Wells and it became The Coins.

the thai owners have since found getting food right for falangs is not as easy as they expected.

Mostly always the case. We had trialled a Thai Lady who worked 12 years in farang restaurants on the darkside. She cooked a roast dinner for our pool team and it was AWFUL. They just don't know how to cook what we like.

When my Wife cooks a roast She uses duck fat to baste the potatoes and knows how to use the juice from the meat to act as a gravy base.

Finding anybody that can cook around here is a major head ache.

Hope they get it right though as I used to enjoy the food there.

Mostly always the case. We had trialled a Thai Lady who worked 12 years in farang restaurants on the darkside. She cooked a roast dinner for our pool team and it was AWFUL. They just don't know how to cook what we like.

When my Wife cooks a roast She uses duck fat to baste the potatoes and knows how to use the juice from the meat to act as a gravy base.

Finding anybody that can cook around here is a major head ache.

Hope they get it right though as I used to enjoy the food there.

I also think Thais use the same pans/pots/woks for different cuisines! IMO a well seasons pan used for steak should not be used to fry up some Laab Moo and vice verse a well season wok should not be used to fry some eggs and bacon!

I also think Thais use the same pans/pots/woks for different cuisines! IMO a well seasons pan used for steak should not be used to fry up some Laab Moo and vice verse a well season wok should not be used to fry some eggs and bacon!

Lol...yes. Tell you what I've been wondering why all our soyas, condiments, Chinese rice wines have been disapearing so quickly until I spotted them on CCTV using them to cook their free food that they get here. They have decided how good the Chinese ones taste compared to the Tha and help themselves.

Same for the char siu, spare ribs etc. We have two in the kitchen that could give the big show a beating they must be 170kg a piece. My Wife is 38kg if She gets squashed in the middle of them she's brown bread!

But seriously, you're correct. They have to be told over and over what to do then forget what they were told the following day.

And by the way I know a lot of restaurant and bar owners here and they ALL have the same problems. Not unique to 18 coins or wherever.

But seriously, you're correct. They have to be told over and over what to do then forget what they were told the following day.

And by the way I know a lot of restaurant and bar owners here and they ALL have the same problems. Not unique to 18 coins or wherever.

i believe every night the hard drive is wiped clean

Lol...yes. Tell you what I've been wondering why all our soyas, condiments, Chinese rice wines have been disapearing so quickly until I spotted them on CCTV using them to cook their free food that they get here. They have decided how good the Chinese ones taste compared to the Tha and help themselves.

Same for the char siu, spare ribs etc. We have two in the kitchen that could give the big show a beating they must be 170kg a piece. My Wife is 38kg if She gets squashed in the middle of them she's brown bread!

Sounds like Kiwi's, you have to retrain them after smoko and lunch!.. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for the replies. Moved kust across the road lol.

Russ B

Your photo is the breakfast I was looking for. It used to hit the spot every time. Nice bit of black pudding.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived