IGNORED

20000 baht stolen on beach road tonight

Today is the first day of my 7th trip to Pattaya. Perhaps I was too careless, I was walking from soi 8 to Walking Street along the beach tonight at 3am, two ladies (or ladyboys, not sure) approached me, I was trying to walk away as quickly as I can, but one of them blocked the way and the other one stole all the cash, only left 120 baht and my key card in my pocket. I must thank them for these 120 baht so I still had the money for a taxi back to my room. Only a minute before the incident, I left 20 baht to a Westerner-looking street artist, which did not buy me fortune.

Were you carrying your baht in your front pocket when this happened?  Was it in a wallet?  I've always been told that if you carry your wallet in your front pocket it is harder for a pick pocket to get it without you noticing.  I also have a few pair of shorts that have the button on the rear pocket which I wear when I'm traveling.  Sorry for your loss.

Were you carrying your baht in your front pocket when this happened?  Was it in a wallet?  I've always been told that you carry your wallet in your front pocket it is harder for a pick pocket to get it without you noticing.  I also have a few pair of shorts that have the button on the rear pocket which I wear when I'm traveling.  Sorry for your loss.

The baht was in my trousers pocket on the left side. I don't dare to carry my wallet in Pattaya.

You don't dare to carry your wallet but you dare to carry 20,000 baht in your pocket while walking on beach road at night? Did you call the police, file a report? Sometimes they will actually come through and get your money back.

still 20K in pocket  at 3 AM... can't imagine how much u had at 8 PM...

lesson learned ...i hope

You don't dare to carry your wallet but you dare to carry 20,000 baht in your pocket while walking on beach road at night? Did you call the police, file a report? Sometimes they will actually come through and get your money back.

I didn't call police coz I have no evidence and I think it would be useless to argue with those bitches on the beach.

still 20K in pocket  at 3 AM... can't imagine how much u had at 8 PM...

lesson learned ...i hope

Yes, lesson learned...

why , in gods name would you be walking around at 3am with 20000 baht in your pocket ?????????

They busted a ring of ladyboy thieves on beach road just last week and recovered a lot of loot, including cash.

Always split your cash between pockets mate. I particularly like cargo shorts with multiple pockets with buttons.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

The cameras covers almost every inch on the BR.

Pick pocket LB are well knows in police station.

You was robbed about 03.00 and 20 min later you wrote this topic.

Real fast action.

I am skeptical.

What's that saying about a fool and his money?.....carrying 20k in your pocket in Pattaya is daft ! & to do it on Beach Road at 3am is dafter than daft !

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

I use one of these. It has inner zippered compartments.

post-84480-0-71651100-1444352015_thumb.jpg

wallet in your front pocket, end of story........ well and being aware of your surroundings

Sorry to hear you lost your money.

Ladyboy pickpockets can be incredibly brazen. I have had ladyboys and street kids try to rob me many times in BKK.

Some good advice here about keeping your cash in more than one pocket and not carrying quite so much with you.

guy walking down the street gets jumped, he fights back crazy but looses.  The thief took his wallet with 20 dollars in it.  Why would you fight so much for 20 dollars.  I didn't, I thought you were after the 200 in my shoe

I didn't call police coz I have no evidence and I think it would be useless to argue with those bitches on the beach.

Yes, lesson learned...

bad advice to your self  should have logged it with police.......are you chinese or indian? normally  ladybuggers  go for  indian or middle eastern  because they are easier to target and engage in chit chat  with them

When i go out for the night i lways keep my wallet in my front pocket, and even then i never have 20000b in it....7k max is what i go out with, and by 3am there would be not much left of that if i was ever turned over....

Today is the first day of my 7th trip to Pattaya. Perhaps I was too careless, I was walking from soi 8 to walking street along the beach tonight at 3am, two ladies (or ladyboys, not sure) approached me, I was trying to walk away as quickly as I can, but one of them blocked the way and the other one stole all the cash, only left 120 baht and my key card in my pocket. I must thank them for these 120 baht so I still had the money for a taxi back to my room. Only a minute before the incident, I left 20 baht to a Westerner-looking street artist, which did not buy me fortune.

What were you doing walking around with 20K Baht in your pocket ??????

I use one of these. It has inner zippered compartments.

attachicon.gifpack.jpg

I use one of them on arrival at Suvvy airport, Passport etc.

Last trip to LoS I used a neck slung wallet for out and around the town, 3 to 4K Baht in it, and a grand in small denomination notes and coin for drinks etc in my front pockets.

Psssst....I have on occaison carried a cheap wallet with coloured photocopies of 1K and 500 Baht notes (crinkled and used looking) something to throw at muggers then leave the scene.

I'm thinking about stepping up to a money belt, the type that looks like a normal trouser belt but has compartments on the inner side for folded notes.    

Idea being to draw from it in a toilet cubicle when the pocket petty cash needs replacing.

I use one of them on arrival at Suvvy airport, Passport etc.

Last trip to LoS I used a neck slung wallet for out and around the town, 3 to 4K Baht in it, and a grand in small denomination notes and coin for drinks etc in my front pockets.

Psssst....I have on occaison carried a cheap wallet with coloured photocopies of 1K and 500 Baht notes (crinkled and used looking) something to throw at muggers then leave the scene.

I'm thinking about stepping up to a money belt, the type that looks like a normal trouser belt but has compartments on the inner side for folded notes.    

Idea being to draw from it in a toilet cubicle when the pocket petty cash needs replacing.

Yes, one can not be too careful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Craghoppers-Classic-Kiwi-Walking-Trousers/dp/B00C6C8FC0

These are my ideal Pattaya trouser.

9 pockets 5 with zips, the front pockets are actually a double pocket , one open and then behind that a deeper zipped pocket. The cargo pocket has a pass port sized water proof enclosure in it too, great for passport or smart phone. I've actually felt pickpockets slide their hands into the front pocket, but completely miss the zipped pocket which has my money in it.

Not stylish but very practical :)

Archived