IGNORED

Mr T Taxi servive

Harvey707

Had read numerous reports that he had took his eye off the ball on bookings.

I can confirm that the reports are spurious and he answered my reservation email 6 minutes after I sent my request   !!

Usual fare 1000 Baht inclusive Tolls (I normally bung them 1200)

Will report back as to whether I get Lewis Hamilton as the Jockey in terms of speed

I used them last week - no problem. Driver was a racing driver type and the car did have a cracked windscreen but that's about par for the course. Car was comfortable and the seat belts were functional.

I dont know how many times I've used to and fro must be 60 times give or take since started using them. Never once have they not been at Swampy or been at the hotel on time.

Speak as I find. I genuinely have no idea if they see my email address and think ok top service for a regular (same as others) but I wouldn't be surprised

I dont know how many times I've used to and fro must be 60 times give or take since started using them. Never once have they not been at Swampy or been at the Hotel on time. Speak as I find. I genuinely have no idea if they see my email address and think ok top service for a regular (same as others) but I wouldn't be surprised

Once again will be using him next Monday and have booked him for my friend Charlie who

arrives next Tuesday, same here lost count of the number of times i've used him.

Never once been let down by him and always very quick to reply to my emails.

Most pick-ups on return from hotels his driver is early rather than late but i always supply

my phone number so i know whats going on. All in all a very good service for me.

heading to thailand/pattaya for the second time in just over two weeks, think im more ecxited than i was the first time.... had been given mr t contact details but have since misplaced, would be much appreciated if someone could send over an email address so i can arrange transport, thanks....

heading to thailand/pattaya for the second time in just over two weeks, think im more ecxited than i was the first time.... had been given mr t contact details but have since misplaced, would be much appreciated if someone could send over an email address so i can arrange transport, thanks....

Here is his email address:>>>>>>> [email protected]

Here is his phone Numbers>>>>>>081-2587716 or  081-3513612

used many times,no problems....

THE BEST Taxi Service - Mr.T Taxi Service

Always use this, never any problems.

Safe, Punctual, Reliable & Reasonable too.

This thread is a classic case of bad news (re a missed pick up) being all over forums but praise only comes when someone starts a general discussion thread rather than a critical thread.

Bit like the Bar Girl activities when they go to their husbands country and it all goes tits up, its all over the forum. But the 1000's of successful ones never get mentioned

Well I have to say tan taxi not been any better than Mr T. Although not picked up by tan herself the female driver that did pick is up turned up 30 mins late, felt it was ok to drive at 140-160kmh in driving rain but worst of all felt it ok to text her mates on Line whilst driving. I asked her to stop which to be fair she did. But I shouldn't have needed to ask.

Thanks for that. I used Mr T last trip  and didnt have any problems. Will book him again for 2 weeks time.

• 1 month later...

Last month booked Mr T to go from Don Mueng Airport to Pattaya.

Fucker didn't turn up. I called his number using the email confirming the booking

and the old bastard said he had no bookings that day for Don Mueng and hung up.

Sent an email the next day with the confirmed booking basically asking WTF?

He apologized said his staff member stuffed up the booking.

• 2 months later...

.. members might find useful a list of forum member recommended WOMEN-OWNED AND OPERATED TAXI services  .. http://www.pattaya-a...nded/?p=2962859

.. if you've not travelled here often, you would do well to select women drivers, rather than the men .. a number of threads on the forum highlight the quality of their services and preferences by forum members.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I can only see as I find and after multiple multiple booking he's never let me down

Never let me down.

Prompt email reply/confirmation.

Courteous driver always.

Cars are pretty well maintained.

Punctual.

Never let me down.

Prompt email reply/confirmation.

Courteous driver always.

Cars are pretty well maintained.

Punctual.

What I like about Mr T more than anything is his drivers dont indulge in general chit chat boring the pants off me. After 27 hours on the go coming I dont want to hear "you have lady " etc etc  !!

Likewise on return journey I like their quietness but they always respond with a big thank you on a 200 tip. Am sure some Guys give more

.. members might find useful a list of forum member recommended WOMEN-OWNED AND OPERATED TAXI services  .. http://www.pattaya-a...nded/?p=2962859

.. if you've not travelled here often, you would do well to select women drivers, rather than the men .. a number of threads on the forum highlight the quality of their services and preferences by forum members.

I can only see as I find and after multiple multiple booking he's never let me down . . . .

Never let me down . . . .

.. yes, sure .. I hear you, men.. a pretty common opinion amongst visitors .. it is not a problem, until it is a problem.

.. my opinion, living here since 2000? .. it generally takes time for visitors doing touch-and-goes here to fully gauge that the cost of failure in Thailand (at many levels) is easily far, far greater than back home.

.. bad shit is not confined to the bar gurls, the risks about whom I am sure you do know .. or, the risk of being in a road accident and in need of emergency hospital treatment .. or, raising your voice into a gaggle of aggressive Lady boys .. or, being unsuspectedly caught at breakfast by the BIB without your passport .. and then, you find religion .. it is nothing like back home .. nothing.

.. when the dice roll unlucky (and taxi brokers are a gamble, simply speaking), and it does happen to you, it can be bloody nightmarish, finding yourself in the backseat of some boorish suicide monkey's car, in the middle of nowhere, at night, speaking little/no Thai, with no one to call and no way out .. the situation is widely known by most anyone who lives here, or travels here frequently.

.. until these women-owned businesses opened, I too always used Mr. 'T' .. I am local enough to deal with the occasional asshole I was sent, but still a decidedly unpleasant experience that always left me pissed-off enough to fucking strangle kittens.

.. Mr. 'T' has a phone, an e-address and a list of names, which he uses to broker drivers only, many of whom are responsible drivers .. but, he has little/no control over who he is sending out, and zero control over what they do .. they are to him a commission only.

.. give one of the lady services a try .. I guess lady drivers are not for everyone, but I offer them up as another choice, and good, sure choices here in Thailand are valuable .. these ladies will earn your patronage .. why risk waiting about for an eventuality that will ruin the beginning, or end of your holiday? .. really.

.. yes, sure .. I hear you, men.. a pretty common opinion amongst visitors .. it is not a problem, until it is a problem.

.. my opinion, living here since 2000? .. it generally takes time for visitors doing touch-and-goes here to fully gauge that the cost of failure in Thailand (at many levels) is easily far, far greater than back home.

.. bad shit is not confined to the bar gurls, the risks about whom I am sure you do know .. or, the risk of being in a road accident and in need of emergency hospital treatment .. or, raising your voice into a gaggle of aggressive Lady boys .. or, being unsuspectedly caught at breakfast by the BIB without your passport .. and then, you find religion .. it is nothing like back home .. nothing.

.. when the dice roll unlucky (and taxi brokers are a gamble, simply speaking), and it does happen to you, it can be bloody nightmarish, finding yourself in the backseat of some boorish suicide monkey's car, in the middle of nowhere, at night, speaking little/no Thai, with no one to call and no way out .. the situation is widely known by most anyone who lives here, or travels here frequently.

.. until these women-owned businesses opened, I too always used Mr. 'T' .. I am local enough to deal with the occasional asshole I was sent, but still a decidedly unpleasant experience that always left me pissed-off enough to fucking strangle kittens.

.. Mr. 'T' has a phone, an e-address and a list of names, which he uses to broker drivers only, many of whom are responsible drivers .. but, he has little/no control over who he is sending out, and zero control over what they do .. they are to him a commission only.

.. give one of the lady services a try .. I guess lady drivers are not for everyone, but I offer them up as another choice, and good, sure choices here in Thailand are valuable .. these ladies will earn your patronage .. why risk waiting about for an eventuality that will ruin the beginning, or end of your holiday? .. really.

Jeez !!

I dont want a lady driver thanks. Not being sexist but I've never ever met a good one in the UK so I'm not expecting one in Thailand where they haven't even got a license in the first place. Secondly I'm not one of the idiots who leaves it to the last minute to Leave Pattaya.  In the remote chance of Mr T not turning up I have 5 hours before flight still departs. I have 3 taxi companies that would be with me in 10 minutes. On every corner of Pattaya there is a kiosk with Taxi available. Edited to add if your Female Driver didnt turn up I'd have identical options

Are you working for these females perhaps ??

. . . . I guess lady drivers are not for everyone, but I offer them up as another choice, and good, sure choices here in Thailand are valuable . . . .

Jeez !!

I dont want a lady driver thanks. Not being sexist but I've never ever met a good one in the UK so I'm not expecting one in Thailand where they haven't even got a license in the first place. Secondly I'm not one of the idiots who leaves it to the last minute to Leave Pattaya.  In the remote chance of Mr T not turning up I have 5 hours before flight still departs. I have 3 taxi companies that would be with me in 10 minutes. On every corner of Pattaya there is a kiosk with Taxi available. Edited to add if your Female Driver didnt turn up I'd have identical options

Are you working for these females perhaps ??

.. hey, Harvey707 .. do I work for them? .. aw, naaaaw .. however, I am an unabashed promoter of these young women and how they have found a niche in which they are doing well .. I always enjoy seeing young Thais take control of their destinies like this.

.. I periodically update the thread in which they are compiled and restate their availabilities to less frequent travellers here .. that wouldn't be you .. haven't done so in some months, so I am making the rounds .. covered more threads than I imagined .. a slow day .. a bit overboard.

.. still, the original thread jumps by several hundred hits shortly after I update the thread, so there are apparently a number of guys out there taking notes.

.. cheers, bud!

• 2 weeks later...

Very very sorry to report that I have NOT got any reply or confirmation from Mr.T Taxi service, despite 11 emails I have sent him, regarding my upcoming trip to Pattaya.

I aa regular customer of his, having used him for almost ALL my trips so-far, now this is totally unexpected.

I find this very irresponsible and very un-customer friendly.

Very very sorry to report that I have NOT got any reply or confirmation from Mr.T Taxi service, despite 11 emails I have sent him, regarding my upcoming trip to Pattaya.

I aa regular customer of his, having used him for almost ALL my trips so-far, now this is totally unexpected.

I find this very irresponsible and very un-customer friendly.

ELEVEN emails??? Really??? And you still haven't gotten his message???

Here it is.....HE DOESN'T WANT YOUR BUSINESS.

Try someone else for goodness sake.

Eleven? I would have quit and booked someone else after 2 or 3.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Archived