Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iOS 9 content blockers to block ads

DaffyDuck

Wrong. Post your sources that you heard this from.

Ad Blockers are increasing in numbers, if anything.

Only one blocker was removed - called Peace - by its author, because he had a change of mind.

Apple had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said 'I heard' it wasn't first hand.

Thanks for clearing my what I was incorrectly told.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

This is complete bollocks. You've got to stop listening to the haters..   :wink:   

Ouch Woofiee no need to get on you High IOS about it.

Sorry couldn't resist the pun it made me laugh :Laugh1:

Peace mate

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

• 2 weeks later...

A new report by PageFair and Adobe estimates $21.8bn in advertising revenues will be lost in 2015 due to ad blocking.  In the United States, ad blocking cost an estimated $5.8bn in lost revenue in 2014 and is projected to reach $10.7bn in 2015 and $20.3bn in 2016.  The global cost of ad blocking is expected to reach $41.4bn by 2016. SOURCE.

Like them or not ad revenue pays for all the free apps we are so quick to download which is why almost all offer a ad free version for a price. Without that revenue who is going to bother to develop new apps? I know there is still click through ads in websites that are to me more of a pain.

Website advertising doesn't pay for app development.

If websites care about maintaining a revenue flow or advertising then they shouldn't have been whoring themselves out for advertising dollars.

I used to try to maintain a whitelist, I no longer do. Sites that I used to white list initially eventually became ad-abusive as well.

Sorry, but screw 'em.

I know my last sentence was 'I know there is still click through ads in websites that are to me more of a pain.'

Sorry for misunderstanding.

NP DD we are cool.

If websites care about maintaining a revenue flow or advertising then they shouldn't have been whoring themselves out for advertising dollars.

I used to try to maintain a whitelist, I no longer do. Sites that I used to white list initially eventually became ad-abusive as well.

Sorry, but screw 'em.

So who will you annoy when PA with its advertising goes to the wall?

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

So who will you annoy when PA with its advertising goes to the wall?

If you're annoyed, perhaps you can find another thread worthy of your attention. 

It's interesting to note that Apple has banned some adblockers, specifically those that block inapp ads citing security concerns, I honestly don't know if that is a valid reason or not so I reserve judgement

the outcome of this is the only advertising that CAN'T be blocked is Apples own network iAds

http://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-operating-system/42622/opinion/apple-ios-9-ad-blocking-explained-and-why-its-a-ba

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/09/apple-removes-iphone-adblockers-facebook-third-party-apps

It's only possible to block web content advertising via safari

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Not an issue, seeing as how iAd doesn't apply to web content advertising - it's active in-app only. Subsequently, in-app advertising isn't limited to iAd, and there are several in-app advertising networks.

I don't understand what the point of your comment is?

Not an issue, seeing as how iAd doesn't apply to web content advertising - it's active in-app only. Subsequently, in-app advertising isn't limited to iAd, and there are several in-app advertising networks.

I don't understand what the point of your comment is?

Daff you missed the following thread everyone has been waiting for you!

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/281449-new-surface-book-making-macs-seem-obsolete/

Archived