IGNORED

Thai cellphone for a monger?

BDogg

I am only going to be there 11 nights but I am wondering if I should get a thai sim card for my phone.  I love picking up freelancers so this might help?  I will of course have my US cell which I can text there for free.  Any thoughts?

I always get a Thai SIM card, and I'm always there for less than 11 nights.

Yes mate just get a 12call one out of 7 11 and pay for the 399b unlimited internet. It's not 100% after 1.5 GB the speed drops down. Then down load line all the freelancer use that or go on baddo 2 meet them. U should download baddo now so u don't know some 4 when u get here

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

great tips, that what I was looking for.  I have T-mobile so I think I can use my data overseas(if not I will get a cheap unlocked phone)...I did download the Line app on my phone now and joined the "PA meet up" group.  Any other groups?  Also i will use baddo, hopefully I can set something up before had, as I think I wont arrive the "loom" before 2am.   Anothe question, are there cheap unlock phones in thailand, or should I just get on in USA, ie ebay, amazaon, etc?

I highly recommend getting a SIM just for Pattaya.

Communication is key whether its with Thai girls

or friends & relatives that come with you.

I also keep some of my favorite restaurants numbers

handy for reservations and/or delivery.

(Beefeaters, Mantra, NY Pizza House)

Set your phone so save the numbers to your Thai SIM

so that numbers dont show when you swap out SIM

and you clear your history.

I've always used 1-2-call.  Never had problems.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I am only going to be there 11 nights but I am wondering if I should get a thai sim card for my phone.  I love picking up freelancers so this might help?  I will of course have my US cell which I can text there for free.  Any thoughts?

It's a no brainer. The price is cheap and having an online smart phone is convenient. Google Maps has saved my ass many times for example.

"Passport registration required."

I don't get the issue with this. Assuming you are not going to be doing anything illegal and nefarious, what are the downsides here? Not being a dick. I really am wondering.

-M

It's a no brainer. The price is cheap and having an online smart phone is convenient. Google Maps has saved my ass many times for example.

I don't get the issue with this. Assuming you are not going to be doing anything illegal and nefarious, what are the downsides here? Not being a dick. I really am wondering.

-M

Totally agree. Your Home Country knows firstly that you've left home from the flight manifest and Thailand knows you've arrived !!   Why wouldn't you show your passport

Just use the sim when you are here keep a written record of your contacts with name and details and when you return put them in your new sim ( some may still be obtainable). 

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Yes mate just get a 12call one out of 7 11 and pay for the 399b unlimited internet. It's not 100% after 1.5 GB the speed drops down. Then down load line all the freelancer use that or go on baddo 2 meet them. U should download baddo now so u don't know some 4 when u get here

For how long? I pay 799 monthly for unlimited internet access with 1 2 call. My missus uses it as needed daily for around 15 baht per day but with limited gig usage.

Using baddo, I cant figure out how to change my location so i can use it from home to connect with Pat girls from USA.  Any thoughts?

great tips, that what I was looking for.  I have T-mobile so I think I can use my data overseas(if not I will get a cheap unlocked phone)...I did download the Line app on my phone now and joined the "PA meet up" group.  Any other groups?  Also i will use baddo, hopefully I can set something up before had, as I think I wont arrive the "loom" before 2am.   Anothe question, are there cheap unlock phones in thailand, or should I just get on in USA, ie ebay, amazaon, etc?

It used to be that after you were with T-mobile a couple months, you could contact customer support, explain you wanted a local SIM overseas, and they'd send you the unlock code.  I did it with two T-mobile phones before I moved here.

Lot's of unlocked phones on Amazon.com.  Make sure you look for quad band as the frequencies are different here.

For how long? I pay 799 monthly for unlimited internet access with 1 2 call. My missus uses it as needed daily for around 15 baht per day but with limited gig usage.

Its for 1 month

Using baddo, I cant figure out how to change my location so i can use it from home to connect with Pat girls from USA. Any thoughts?

Just hit the symbol in the top right corner and then u can change what city u r in

And u can try using the apps scout and tagged 2

Just hit the symbol in the top right corner and then u can change what city u r in

And u can try using the apps scout and tagged 2

Sorry I mean 2 say skout not scout

-M

What is it one can do "illegal" with a mobile in Thailand, just wondering.  

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

What is it one can do "illegal" with a mobile in Thailand, just wondering.  

Yes, good point.

I suppose this will lower the number of "crimes" that are done by the average cell phone user. But what are these crimes?

However, if you are a serious criminal, I assume there are lots of ways to get a real burner phone.

Anybody used Baddo successfully to meet a girl when first arriving Pat,I have that late night flight that gets to pat around 1am..I just want to fuck and sleep, no bar hopping etc on night one!

I got the unlimited data at the airport 2 years ago, forgot the exact price, like $20-$30usd for the monthly plan. Considering Thailand as a developing country, it's awesome that you can get a temp phone with unlimited data. Don't cheap out on this, suggest all to get unlimited data unless you know Thai and know your way around.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of vendors at airport selling tourist sims and you can check them there think it was like 399 for unlimited internet and some text and calling but didn't try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived