Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Staying on Darksdie for two weeks

broadstreetbully1

Yeah i'm sure many won't think this is a good idea but i have already booked and honestly my accommodation is excellent. I plan on going into the city twice a day, which i'm sure ins't gonna be too fun from what i'm hearing bout traffic.  The good thing is i don't think traffic is going to be too bad considering my location. It seems i'm about 3 minutes on the other side of Sukhumvit rd. near the intersection of north pattaya rd. and Sukhumvit rd. I did rent a motorbike to make my trip during the day into Patts. I need some advice for the trip i' going to make every night. I' sure on the way back from Walking Street every night i could just rent a baht bus. I need help with my late night transport to Walking Street every night. I'm sure earlier on in the night i might be able to get a motorbike taxi with no problem but if i decide to leave my house towards Walking Street at midnight or later i'm going to need different transport, such as a nice air conditioned taxi, which i'll probably need every night. Can anyone recommend a good affordable taxi service which is available 24/7 since i do like to party until the morning? If anyone knows general prices for these taxis please share. And if anyone has any suggestions as to how to make the daily commute into the city better for myself i would love to hear them, thanks for the help.

If i were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

What Soi are you staying on? I know some of the Soi's especially near condos the motorbike taxi guys work 24/7... Will cost you around 100baht to get into the city (might be more first time) but once you are a regular you can get it cheaper. At night sometimes I drive to the taxi motorbike stand then have them follow me back to my house, next time I get their mobile #.

If you are staying near North Pattaya road, on the east of that it should be Soi Nong Yai (from wat nong yai)... if you are coming out of that Soi best way is to turn right at the red light then drive onto North Pattaya Rd... Depending on where your going you can go straight all the way to the dolphin round about bear left and that will take you to beach rd... Or you can make a left at 3rd road at the first red light once you are on North Pattaya rd... go straight that will take you towards Central Pattaya road (pattaya Klang). Currently I would avoid going down Sukhumvit up to Pattaya Klang (central rd) because of construction... So right now always best to take North pattaya rd. into the city.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Why?

If you can find a deal, you can rent a house cheaper then a condo or staying in a hotel... more room and all of the benefits that come with a house. Although he didnt mention if its a house or condo.

It's on soi nong yai 8. how much time from there to Walking Street with average traffic mike T if you have any idea? eanto the reason is because i got a whole house with pool, Jacuzzi, billiards table, proper air conditioning. All for a price that would never be found in central pattaya or Jomtien, because believe me i looked for months and only one other house came close.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

If you can find a deal, you can rent a house cheaper then a condo or staying in a hotel... more room and all of the benefits that come with a house. Although he didnt mention if its a house or condo.

Fair snuff, but to stay there for 2 weeks? A house /condo is normally 1 month minimum so I'm confused. Plenty of cheap places closer to the action me thinks

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Everything is possible, I hear people even live over there.   :hello09:

Definitely don't risk the bike at night if you're a drinker IMO.

How did you come to choose that location for a holiday - cheap presumably, but you're going to wipe that out in taxi fares?

It's on soi nong yai 8. how much time from there to walking street with average traffic mike T if you have any idea? eanto the reason is because i got a whole house with pool, Jacuzzi, billiards table, proper air conditioning. All for a price that would never be found in central pattaya or Jomtien, because believe me i looked for months and only one other house came close.

I like that a Yank knows about billiards and not just 9 ball!

It's on soi nong yai 8. how much time from there to walking street with average traffic mike T if you have any idea? eanto the reason is because i got a whole house with pool, Jacuzzi, billiards table, proper air conditioning. All for a price that would never be found in central pattaya or Jomtien, because believe me i looked for months and only one other house came close.

Yeah actually I rented a house around there back in 2009 before I moved, you can find cheap houses for rent..

It depends what time of the night you leave to Walking Street but took nong yai to Walking Street a lot of times in the past, on average I am guessing its around 15-18 minutes with a motorbike taxi... Dont get a van or car taxi, they are slower and get held up in traffic. The motorbike guys will go to 3rd road, straight all the way to south pattaya rd then straight again till you get to sidewalk parallel to Walking Street, or you can tell them to drop you off on one of the soi's on Walking Street like Soi 14 or 15... Usually I just tell them to drop me off at the red light and Ill walk a few minutes.

On another note, I had a taxi guy who worked late nights if you turn left off nong yai onto Sukhumvit he will be on the sidewalk to your left about 50 meters...Look around there and get his phone #. 

Also since you are a bit further north then I thought taxi might be 150baht to go there, and maybe slightly more coming back, dont let them charge you 200baht coming back... Just tell them you always go back its xxx amount of baht.

I love the darkside, but I don't get why someone on a 2 weeks holiday would want to stay there, especially if they were planning to go to the brightside every night to party.

DUI checkpoints if you are riding a bike, dealing with long taxi rides if you are not, plus some girls don't like coming across Sukumvhit, and that can be a pain.

eanto if you can find me a place similar closer to the action for the price my ears are all yours, believe me when i say my skills for looking up these kinds of things are insanely spot on. I'll put it to you like this the place has everything i mentioned and it's 5 bedrooms all air conditioned and its under $100 USD a night and i only booked it for two weeks not a whole month, mind blown? I'm sure not many properties anywhere near Patts can beat that. Now back to the reason i started the post any good reliable taxi companies i can use?

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

I love the darkside, but I don't get why someone on a 2 weeks holiday would want to stay there, especially if they were planning to go to the brightside every night to party.

DUI checkpoints if you are riding a bike, dealing with long taxi rides if you are not, plus some girls don't like coming across Sukumvhit, and that can be a pain.

Yeah the trip back on a motorbike taxi always feels like it takes ages and my ass is hurting.. Actually thats a good point if you want extra comfort and you have a barfine with you try to get a aircon taxi, because if you get a motorbike taxi for two people they charge you per person (probably 300) you should be able to get a aircon taxi for around that price plus its much more comfortable.

I dont have a # of one that works late (the van taxis) but what I would do just go to Walking Street your first night, there are tons of them stop one and ask for a ride back before you plan to go back to the house then just ask for their business card (most have them).

"The motorbike guys will go to 3rd road, straight all the way to south pattaya rd Pattaya Tai then straight again till you get to sidewalk Second Road ................"

Don't make it harder than it is, they won't need directions for that trip anyway.

The really hard part is going to be getting home late from WS without it getting expensive - it's a long ride home 3up (which may be cosy but it isn't cheaper) plus getting girls from WS is going to be LT only and they'll want taxi fare home. 

A LLT GFE and a taxi driver on call 24hr might work.

How cheap was this villa?

furryman, I'm not all that great on a bike either so i was only going to use it occasionally and i was never going to drive it while drinking i'll just leave it where ever if i start drinking. I'm most likely not going to be alone so me and my friends can split transport and i myself am planning on budgeting about 600 baht a day for transport, which i think should be good.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

.... if you can find me a place similar closer to the action for the price my ears are all yours, ...............the place has everything i mentioned and it's 5 bedrooms all air conditioned and its under $100 USD a night and i only booked it for two weeks not a whole month......................

But you've booked already right?

If not post your requirements in the FB groups and get bombarded.

I get all that, including only 2 weeks, but I don't get how you're going to get use out of all those facilities unless there's a gang of you.

Only 2 weeks but that equates to over 100k/month right ...... so many For Rent signs around at present.    :Think1:

Strange, nonetheless your call. The villa you have selected must trump all the hassles of moving to & fro from dark-side to city center by at least 5-10 times. Hopefully it is that good.

................................................................................................................

But you've booked already right?

If not post your requirements in the FB groups and get bombarded.

I get all that, including only 2 weeks, but I don't get how you're going to get use out of all those facilities unless there's a gang of you.

Only 2 weeks but that equates to over 100k/month right ...... so many For Rent signs around at present.    :Think1:

I missed the 100 U.S. Dollars bit, been a long night 55

Actually thats exactly why i got this place because worst comes to worst i can afford it myself no problem. But there is a great possibility that several friends will be coming with me, so  I needed the extra space, I'm not a fan of hotels at all. when i'm on vacation i like to feel like the king of my castle, and you can't do that without a castle and what are these facebook groups you speak of? i'm very interested to hear more about that.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

Is the commute really going to be that bad or is it that you guys prefer proximity to amenities? because if all its going to take is 15-20 minutes to get to Walking Street i'm at peace with my decision, now if it takes longer i might reconsider.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

Is the commute really going to be that bad or is it that you guys prefer proximity to amenities? because if all its going to take is 15-20 minutes to get to walking street i'm at peace with my decision, now if it takes longer i might reconsider.

The consensus is people who prefer to live in the dark-side are primarily expats who need not go to WS/city center regularly for their entertainment needs, they may be going once a week. They usually find like minded people where they stay & quite happy to remain in that non-glitzy community.

For you going to city center might not be an issue, however, coming back with possibly you & the girl being drunk at odd hours, say from Insomnia might get tiresome & seem to be a stretch. Also, not sure how the girls view such an excursion. Most of them tend to stay in & around the city center themselves. 

................................................................................................................

Actually thats exactly why i got this place because worst comes to worst i can afford it myself no problem. But there is a great possibility that several friends will be coming with me, so  I needed the extra space, I'm not a fan of hotels at all. when i'm on vacation i like to feel like the king of my castle, and you can't do that without a castle and what are these facebook groups you speak of? i'm very interested to hear more about that.

I don't think links are allowed, but one I'm in, despite being called 'Pattaya Condos For Sale or Rent' has loads of villas for rent.

You maybe wouldn't want to plough through it, but there are many agents camping there who would be only to happy to help - just post what it is and they'll  be at you.

Is the commute really going to be that bad or is it that you guys prefer proximity to amenities? because if all its going to take is 15-20 minutes to get to walking street i'm at peace with my decision, now if it takes longer i might reconsider.

For a holiday it really is going to be that bad IMO.

FWIW  I lived 10 kms South on DS for about 3 years and 20 kms North on DS for about 2 years - OK much worse than your location but also before they clamped down on DUI (I trust you have a bike category on your DL and an IDP?).

The traffic now is way worse, even on a bike.

Now I live 1900 metres from Soi Diamond and I'm looking to move closer in.

For a party animal on a 2 week holiday I'm sorry to be blunt but I think you've fcuked up if you've booked already and it isn't even cheap IMO.

Mick Pattaya i get what your saying, but i have never had a girl ask me were i'm staying just complain that they don't want to walk where ever it is. I'm also usually obliterated by the time i go home and so is the girl i'm with because like i mentioned i do like to party hard and usually hang out with like minded girls. If anything i think the place i'm staying at will more than entice them to come along, its an instant party anyway you look at it. honestly i don't even think i would have started this post if it weren't for the fact that i'm just not that comfortable on a motorbike and people in Patts drive with a death wish.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

15-20 mins will be on motorbike because they can go around cars... But for a car taxi add maybe 10 mins depending the time of day or night. It isn't as bad around 10pm compared to 5 or 6pm. Tbh though $100 is a little steep per night.... But maybe because it's short term... I know some houses in that area under 10k baht a month but that's because of a long term contract.

If you have friends though who will be sharing the expense I guess that's not as bad.

Damn OnTheEdge you sure deflated my tires with that last post. I booked and paid a super small deposit, small enough that i would not mind loosing it if there truly is something better out there. But you say it wasn't that cheap? I clearly need to do more research as i thought it was well priced, but its only my second house rental in Patts so i'm no expert.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

Archived