IGNORED

Anyone Partied NEW YEAR's EVE In Patts?

pathway

I was on Soi 13 and the whole block went offline for a few hours

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I stayed at home because the dog was terrified of the fireworks.One of the blokes around left his bull terrier inside and came home to find dog missing and the security door eaten through. The silliest bastrds on Soi LK Metro were the falang bar owners . 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Pattaya is great for New Year Celebration. Lots of people in town. The beach are packed with people, starting early, of course with a top arround midnight. If you like thai rock music, i also recommend the conserts at the peer in the days between Christmas and New year.

I'm thinking about getting out of town during xmess and new years just because it is so crowded and everywhere is jacking prices up.

Been In Pattaya every New Years Eve for the last 15 years. Totally overrated, so crowded, rip off Baht buses, rip off motor bike taxis, massive increase in Gogo's bar fines and beer bars also. My advice stay home and get slaughtered and party with a couple of girls.

good points...thanks for the input. thinking about hanging with my girl in my room. Have a balcony overlooking beach road, so hopefully will see some fireworks...other than in the bed :GoldenSmile1:

Too many idiots in town combined with "try hard good times'' attitude will see me in Cambodia this year.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

Only did it once and it nearly spoiled Pattaya for me, luckily that experience has also led me to avoid Songkran which is not my idea of fun. But there again that's me BAA HUMBUG!

Only did it once and it nearly spoiled Pattaya for me, luckily that experience has also led me to avoid Songkran which is not my idea of fun. But there again that's me BAA HUMBUG!

It seems like we would be similar to the Old Gits on Harry Enfield

old gits.jpg

Leaving Pattaya every X-Mas and New Year as peak season brings too many people into the city.... If you like to celebrate then stay in town, if not there are plenty of other and better options

• 2 weeks later...

i have spent the last 3 new years in pattaya 2012 was my first very crowded since then not as bad... the fireworks are crazy

especially when it hits midnight... if you go to the beach take something to sit on... watch out for those lanterns (forget the name)

some dont go up more sideways...just go with the flow.. as for Walking Street usually some fireworks land in the power cables and black out

the whole street... AND i will be back again this new year....NEW YEARS MORE BANG FOR YOUR BAHT!!!!!

It seems like we would be similar to the Old Gits on Harry Enfield

attachicon.gifold gits.jpg

How the hell did you get my photo!

I have to admit my memory is not what it was but I do know it was expensive and I drank far too much. I now regularly visit late Nov/ early Dec great for the influx of girls arriving for super high season and always try to find a girl to cover Dec 5th as well as stocking up the fridge, often turns into a LLT which these days I do prefer, getting too old to constantly "butterfly".

• 1 month later...

I hate it I've been here for the last 2, it starts of ok but by 2.am the same glases the thai men are toasting happy New Year to they are then trying 2 stick in each other faces, 2 years ago I saw about 6 fights one really bad these Thai men was just walking down a small soi of Walking Street and wacking people with pool cues I had 2 run out the soi with a Indian man I was talking 2, so the next year I was in bed by 1am and probably will do the same this year,the fire works and rock concerts are good and it'd easy 2 get a beer not like a pub in the uk where u have 2 que up 4 a hour and the beach is nice 2, but all the fighting I hate it, but Christmas is great in my opion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've been there at least three times on NYE.  I had fun and never saw any problems.  It is loud and there are a lot of people.  Sounds to me like if you live there you hate it, but if you are visiting it can be fun if you like a party atmosphere, and I can understand that.  I lived in a tourist destination and I hated it when the tourist showed up, but then my job did not depend on them.  I'm sure the shop owners felt differently.  I'll be back this year too and I expect I'll have a good time.

I avoided WS and stayed in Soi 6 despite having already been charged my Tims boutique hotel for their own NYE dinner but I think most of the hotels do this.

I've seen a couple of references to hotels hitting guests with a charge form their NYE dinners... Is it really that common?

I'll be there for NYE this year. Should I expect an extra surprise on my bill? 

I've seen a couple of references to hotels hitting guests with a charge form their NYE dinners... Is it really that common?

I'll be there for NYE this year. Should I expect an extra surprise on my bill?

Before booking your hotel ask the hotel if their is a compulsory charge for a New Years Eve Gala dinner and make your booking according to their reply. Any of the Guest houses that are frequented by many BM's do not have this charge but some of the larger hotels have this absurd charge and can be upto 6,000 Baht per person.

Before booking your hotel ask the hotel if their is a compulsory charge for a New Years Eve Gala dinner and make your booking according to their reply. Any of the Guest houses that are frequented by many BM's do not have this charge but some of the larger hotels have this absurd charge and can be upto 6,000 Baht per person.

Thanks. 6000 baht is a bit much to demand without some sort of forewarning.

I'm already booked into the LK Metropole. I'll pop them an email to check. Anyone know if they do this sort of thing?

As a bar manager , on New Years Eve here is always some sort of problem either with drinker staff or customers.

Bars try to keep the girls in the bar as long as possible because customers watch fireworks then head to the bars.

Bars don't get busy till 1am.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Archived