IGNORED

Anyone Partied NEW YEAR's EVE In Patts?

pathway

What's up all

Just curious if anyone here has partied in Pattaya on New Year's Eve?  What's the vibe like? Any different from any other night in Patts?  I have been to Pattaya a couple of times, but never on New Year's Eve.

I will  be in Thailand Dec 26, 2015-Janurary 18, 2016 and in Patts 10 days of this trip. So just interested in others thoughts and experiences during and leading up to NYE in Pattaya.

Everywhere is packed and at midnight there is a huge firework display, so people tend to leave the bars & GG,s to watch it.

Positives:

Its great fun and of course Thais love to party.

Negatives:

The place is packed, some GG,s put up the BF,s and a few even say no BF,s before midnight or 1am.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Every night can be like NYE if you play your cards right.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

It can be dangerous as many Thais are drunk and will sneak up behind people and set off huge fireworks in narrow soi's packed with people. 

Apart from that it is an excellent vibe. Very busy, many Thais also come from Bangkok and other inland locations to sample the party atmosphere. 

If you have never done it you will enjoy. Don't worry. 

Stevie

In my opinion it is no better than any other night in pattaya.

The biggest difference is that there is a lot more "normal" thais holidaying in pattaya for the new year celebrations (18 - 25 year olds). They have plenty of concerts near the bali pier but they are aimed at the local thais.

I got caught in a crowd stampede coming back from the fireworks after midnight last year. Was quite scary - won't be doing that again

12 Pints in Know it all

I was in patts last New Years. The place was thronged.

I was down beach road in the evening. Good atmosphere

Headed to soI buakhao for midnight. Most bars were busy but you could get a seat.

Went to Walking Street around 130. Absolutely Jammers. Went to Insomnia. Total cockfest.

Its Chaos, had my first NYE since 2001 away from Thailand (Walking St) last year, we were indoors by 1230am.

:)

Its Chaos, had my first NYE since 2001 away from Thailand (Walking St) last year, we were indoors by 1230am.

55 at least you saw it in, just! Where this chaos happen?

55 at least you saw it in, just! Where this chaos happen?

Always Walking St, too be honest at times it is dangerous, we just meet up at my mates beer bar and stay put watching the madness.

Always Walking St, too be honest at times it is dangerous, we just meet up at my mates beer bar and stay put watching the madness.

You said 1st NY away from Thailand?

You said 1st NY away from Thailand?

Sorry I meant all the NYE's I've had on Walking St have been chaos.

Ast one was down the pub in the UK then home.

Sorry I meant all the NYE's I've had on Walking St have been chaos.

Ast one was down the pub in the UK then home.

Yep, I remember NYE in the UK. They introduced a system years ago that you had to buy tickets to get into your local.

Just the once and it was the only part of my high season visit that i enjoyed.

I avoided WS and stayed in Soi 6 despite having already been charged my Tims boutique hotel for their own NYE dinner but I think most of the hotels do this.

Anyhow Soi 6 was a little manic with fireworks being set off in the street and silly string everywhere but the girls was loving it and it was a lot of fun

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Yep, I remember NYE in the UK. They introduced a system years ago that you had to buy tickets to get into your local.

Yes the more popular pubs in the town centre were like that, we stayed local.

As said bit different from previous years which normally ended around 5 - 6 am.

Yes the more popular pubs in the town centre were like that, we stayed local.

As said bit different from previous years which normally ended around 5 - 6 am.

I stayed all Dec and Jan in Patts last year and the only night I didn't go out? Yep, doesn't take a rocket scientist

I went out last year for NYE without going for a few years, very crowded everywhere. Went to Insomnia after fireworks and place was packed and couldnt even find somewhere to sit drinks. Probably wont be going to walking st again for NYE might be better somewhere in the outer area at a beer bar.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Been In Pattaya every New Years Eve for the last 15 years. Totally overrated, so crowded, rip off Baht buses, rip off motor bike taxis, massive increase in Gogo's bar fines and beer bars also. My advice stay home and get slaughtered and party with a couple of girls.

yes I have spent 4 Christmas and new year in patts, I like it, very busy, hotels up their price, thats the same world wide, I go to the beach for midnight to watch the fire works, and to get away from the fuckwits who the think letting off large mortar bombs a few feet outside of a bar is a fun blast,

Never bothered due to too busy, overpricing etc. Also avoid Songkran after doing it once, I am there to boom boom not to get soaked by overgrown children.

last year was a zoo so this year   I am flying on new years day to start 2016 and to keep my 1k status :GoldenSmile1: and I hate crowds so the party will be over when I land and I can start my own

Been In Pattaya every New Years Eve for the last 15 years. Totally overrated, so crowded, rip off Baht buses, rip off motor bike taxis, massive increase in Gogo's bar fines and beer bars also. My advice stay home and get slaughtered and party with a couple of girls.

Probably the best idea, barfine one or more the night before NYE and ask if they want to stay with you 2 nights.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Power cuts also. the year before last some prick fired the glitter bomb streamer thingy and it hit the electricity transformer near Tonys disco right opposite Hot Tuna 3 where we were, fucking great noise and of course a power outage.

In previous years the powers gone on Walking st but luckily my bars electric and the street sign was fed from a different supply, I remember one year standing on WS and the only sign that could be seen was mine (no BS), this was about 2006/07. The others did eventually comeback on, I remember Dollhouse and LDS were out for about an hour.

Archived