IGNORED

2015 what is your Favourite Hotel in Pattaya ?

Jack Frost

Flipper House soi7.

Friendly staff, decent rooftop pools, in-room safe, breakfast until 1pm, no joiner fees...

...jobs a good un

Stayed there a few times found the beds to be uncomfortable.

Great location, bang in the middle of it all.

:Wassup1:  :NiceThread1:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LK Renaissance, nice rooms and a great location.

You would have to go a long way to find more helpful and friendly staff.

Agree the LK Ren is great & not cheap but well up there with the best.

:Wassup1:

Honey lodge close to Walking street is my place.

Never used this place, any pics to show us this old hotel please ???

:Wassup1:

Bay Breeze on Soi Honey. Cheap & Perfect location. Right on BB route. LK Metro / Central / Beach Road all within 5 mins.

Cheap & a fairly good location but is it comfortable ???

Are the beds good ???

Any pics to show us the hotel from a members & mongers point of view please ???

Thanks.

I stay exclusively at the boomerang just off soi buakhao in the side ride down from the backpacker hostel. The big rooms are great and the owners Tina and Michael are brilliant hosts

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Sabai Lodge or Areca

Would like to try VT6 but my one week trips mean the add ons make it a bit too expensive

I have stayed in many hotels both Naklua and central Pattaya, many times at Areca but found I was not disciplined enough to make use of the facilities such as pools, gym and restaurants (particularly as my food tastes have changed) so now I stay in a guesthouse which provides everything I need at a very reasonable rate. I just wish BM's such as Judge Dread would stop naming it as it is getting more difficult to book.

I've got multiple answers....

- Marriott is on my list for it's location, as I LOVE where it is -- easy walk to LK Metro or Walking Street, and there are entrances on Beach Road and Second Road, so baht bus access is incredibly easy.  Unfortunately, it's pricey, and I don't accumulate Marriott points fast enough to end up there on many trips.

- Hilton - it's extremely nice, and you can't beat being attached to Central Festival.  Even pricier than the Marriott and takes twice as many HHonors points per night than the Marriott or the Holiday Inn take with their reward programs.  I've managed to accumulate enough points for a 6 night stay in November (paying 1 night; 5 on HH points)

- Sheraton - I got an upgraded room when I stayed there, and it was hands-down the BEST hotel at which I have stayed in Pattaya.  Beautiful resort property, with multiple pools and some amazing views.  BUT it is pricey (although quite a bargain on SWP points) and the location is INCREDIBLY inconvenient.  I didn't wander the area, but don't recall seeing a lot of reasonably priced dining options close by (i.e., walking distance).  I think you may be able to walk to WS from there, but I never tried it.  Since I won't ride on a mototaxi, I ended up dropping a decent amount on songtaews each night, although you can catch their free shuttle to Central Festival and start your evening there.  If I was planning to spend the bulk of my time with one TG LLT, I would love to stay there.  I'm on the verge of having enough points for 5 nights, so I'll probably do at least part of my February trip there, too, despite the brutal location.

Are the beds good ???

Any pics to show us the Hotel from a members & mongers point of view please ???

Thanks.

Beds are alright. i'm in my late 20's and work in oil industry. i'm used to some pretty rough accommodation. that said i didn't find anything majorly wrong with the rooms yet. I've been staying there exclusively since 2011 in the same room. i'll hit patts in Oct probably. will post some pics then.

Standard rooms on the 5th floor are quite big & comfortable. Breakfast is open till 12. if you are a late riser you can book rooms without breakfast. Staff are friendly.Never had trouble with joiners. Wifi is  very good. Checks all my boxes as I rarely stay inside my room & dont use the balcony. 

I've got multiple answers....

- Marriott is on my list for it's location, as I LOVE where it is -- easy walk to LK Metro or Walking Street, and there are entrances on Beach Road and Second Road, so baht bus access is incredibly easy.  Unfortunately, it's pricey, and I don't accumulate Marriott points fast enough to end up there on many trips.

- Hilton - it's extremely nice, and you can't beat being attached to Central Festival.  Even pricier than the Marriott and takes twice as many HHonors points per night than the Marriott or the Holiday Inn take with their reward programs.  I've managed to accumulate enough points for a 6 night stay in November (paying 1 night; 5 on HH points)

- Sheraton - I got an upgraded room when I stayed there, and it was hands-down the BEST hotel at which I have stayed in Pattaya.  Beautiful resort property, with multiple pools and some amazing views.  BUT it is pricey (although quite a bargain on SWP points) and the location is INCREDIBLY inconvenient.  I didn't wander the area, but don't recall seeing a lot of reasonably priced dining options close by (i.e., walking distance).  I think you may be able to walk to WS from there, but I never tried it.  Since I won't ride on a mototaxi, I ended up dropping a decent amount on songtaews each night, although you can catch their free shuttle to Central Festival and start your evening there.  If I was planning to spend the bulk of my time with one TG LLT, I would love to stay there.  I'm on the verge of having enough points for 5 nights, so I'll probably do at least part of my February trip there, too, despite the brutal location.

How girl friendly is the Sheraton? I'm considering staying there for part of my trip. The Marriott is on my list for a few days as well.

A friend told me about how crazy the Penthouse hotel is - I'm thinking of doing a night or two there just for the experience. Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on the place though.

From my price guide I would say:

3000baht p/n : LK Empress Soi 12 (Beachfront)

2000baht p/n : Sea Me on Soi 10 (Seaview)

1000baht p/n : The Scenery hotel Soi Honey (Superior with Balcony)

I mainly travel in Low season. I do tend to change depending on construction in area as I am a light sleeper.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

How girl friendly is the Sheraton? I'm considering staying there for part of my trip. The Marriott is on my list for a few days as well.

A friend told me about how crazy the Penthouse hotel is - I'm thinking of doing a night or two there just for the experience. Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on the place though.

As with everything, YMMV, but Sheraton was completely girl friendly when I was there.  I had 2 girls with me one of the nights (no threesome - TG just brought her friend along who didn't sleep in the bed with us), and had no hassles.

Different from most hotels, in my experience.  Built into the side of a hill, really beautiful.  Because of all of the hills/stairs, they have a golf cart and driver at the lobby, and they will drive you and your "guest(s)" to your room.  Ready to leave?  Call the lobby and the guy in the golf cart comes and picks you up. 

I'll shoot you a PM re Sheraton, as I don't want to stray too far from the subject of this thread.

Marriott is great.  Stayed there multiple trips and never had an issue bringing girls back.

Are the beds good ???

Any pics to show us the Hotel from a members & mongers point of view please ???

Thanks.

I've just come back from a stay at the Bay Breeze.I would say it's a great location as opposed to a fairly good one.Stayed in the remodelled deluxe balcony rooms.All refitted to a high standard.One of the best beds I've sleep in Pattaya out of about 10 hotels I have stayed in.

Pics on Agoda are spot on so didn't take any.

Best place I stayed in for my money was Chada Thai House which is next to the Intimate hotel.Kind of a cross between a guest house & a hotel without a pool.If that makes sense! Wins my best bed award.Has about 20 rooms & is already booked out for Christmas & New Year which I'm pissed off about.They need to ditch the twin rooms they have & turn them into doubles.

Ask me in 7 weeks. Hoping to be able to say boomerang guesthouse. Got a good feeling i will

I have stayed at Queen Vic in Soi 6 on 2 occasions. Nice rooms, excellent showers, and Queen Vic has a nice pub-feel. Reasonable prices. Upside: on the six. Downside: on the six!

I'll be staying at April Suites on my next trip I February. Any thoughts?

I have stayed at Queen Vic in Soi 6 on 2 occasions. Nice rooms, excellent showers, and Queen Vic has a nice pub-feel. Reasonable prices. Upside: on the six. Downside: on the six!

I'll be staying at April Suites on my next trip I February. Any thoughts?

April Suites & August Suites both fine & very good.

The Queen vic may be good but I like a pool & would never stay on the 6.

Without starting another thread and due apologies to the op...has anyone stayed at The Maytara

Without starting another thread and due apologies to the op...has anyone stayed at The Maytara

Yes I have.

I RATED IT 7 +

If it is 1200 or 1300 baht per night then ok but if they want 2,000 Baht per night then there is much better for this money.

Any questions please ask 

Jack.

- hotel Baraquda. Stay here on most trips to Patts. Service, location and rooms all very good

- Boomerang Guesthouse. Great rooms and devee8 is very helpful. It's the only guesthouse I've found that has an enclosed shower area. I hate walking into a wet bathroom.

My favorites are Holiday Inn executive tower, great big pool, nice view from the rooms,

Siam@Siam nice pool at the roof, special Desgin, the girls like it, the roof top pool is amazing, but open for all, can be busy in the evening, and high prices at the pool bar

I've just come back from a stay at the Bay Breeze.I would say it's a great location as opposed to a fairly good one.Stayed in the remodelled deluxe balcony rooms.All refitted to a high standard.One of the best beds I've sleep in Pattaya out of about 10 hotels I have stayed in.

Pics on Agoda are spot on so didn't take any.

Best place I stayed in for my money was Chada Thai House which is next to the Intimate Hotel.Kind of a cross between a guest house & a hotel without a pool.If that makes sense! Wins my best bed award.Has about 20 rooms & is already booked out for Christmas & New Year which I'm pissed off about.They need to ditch the twin rooms they have & turn them into doubles.

Can you please inform me, which floors or rooms are remodeled or refurnished by now? I have stayed there twice and the second stay was not good as room was dated especially moulded tub with shower, water flowing out wetting Floor of bath and even parts of bedroom. I switched over to Honey inn next trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Marriott. Same as everywhere else, I prefer luxurious surroundings and good quality maid service.

Archived