IGNORED

Moving to the Darkside

brewster

Served 6 weeks once in darkest Ubon....chewing on door jambs after 3 weeks.

Now on 3.5 weeks lol

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we were talking about Brewster the WS GoGo fan, it would be fair to say that it's a bad idea, albeit I don't think he's going all that far out.

For Brewster the now settled down family man (I think?) there are lots of pluses (especially the availability of cheap houses to rent) as long as he doesn't need to come to the Brightside too often.

It's the latter, although I'll still make the occasional gogo visit like I did last night!

Brewstew,

Welcome to the Darkside, I fully understand if you have a family and need more space and there are plenty of rentals out here and I mean plenty to choose at variety of prices. For many Expats I believe Soi Khao Noi is a good Soi to live on. Plenty of reasonable Farang food places to eat along with Coffee places.

Getting around best is by motorbike I've found. I take the car unless I need to go to the big markets. If you take the time and check out the Soi, up on your Soi, you will find it is linked to the other Darkside main Soi's like Nernpludwan,and Soi Siam Country Club Road. You can get in and out of the Darkside if you use these other roads.

Not sure of your taste but you are not going to find too many stunners, if at all. Personally I rarely do any of the bars out here unless a particular girls suits my taste in the sack. Whenever I go to Walking St. I just hop on a motortaxi and 80-100 I there. Coming back is a little more. I've found the guys or gals motorbike taxi to be more responsible in driving.

You can also check out the Darkside maps..

Soi Khao Noi Chokchai Village 2 here we come! Welcome to the Darkside

I'm just up the road from you, it's a great area to live in. Welcome to the Darkside.

Welcome to Darkside Brewster

Be sure to post if you need any info, there are a lot of kind people on here, willing to help

Looks like Murphy's will be open soon, should be a good addition, if the food is good.

I liked pj's that was there before. I hope we will still get to use the pool as customers, it was nice dropping in for a meal and a swim.

This is the bar at the end of my soi:

http://lovepattayathailand.com/beer-bar/saxo-bar-pub/

Any good?

I think saxo is closed, but the little restaurant right across that little soi is really good, best penang muu I have ever had. Good prices too.

Any good?

One of the worst ones, if still open.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Looks like Murphy's will be open soon, should be a good addition, if the food is good.

Steve is a nice bloke, here is link to his new Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/murphysirishpubpattaya?pnref=story

Saxo seemed OK, not horrible. but I never hung out there much. I tend to spread the love around the darkside bars, if I don't just go all the way to the brightside.

But I don't drink every day, just a little when I meet up with friends or am on the hunt.

That's a shame. Why so bad? I was hoping it could be my local.

Under the current ownership Saxo Bar has been intermittently closed.

For more comments, read the story on PA member ThaiAnxiety’s website:

http://www.pattayagogos.com/barse.htm#S

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Nothing wrong with the darkside . I love the little bars out there , always good for an afternoon of fun . 

Just bought another house there and for the money of a townhouse downtown i got a nice villa with 

a swimming pool . 

People may call it a bit boring but when i'm home i don't miss the buzz of the city . Ten minutes and 

i'm downtown if i want . 

You learn to pick your times to go into town . Saturday/Sunday usually is more busy so don't take the 

car to go shopping . Between 4pm and 7pm it usually is also busy . 

Any good?

Khru Harry, are you retired now ?

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Instead of Saxo Bar you should try Goldflower Bar, previously Go Gress.

When coming from your dwelling place at Chokchai something follow Soi Khao Noi some 100s metres east.

At my latest visit I was told they have eleven girls now.

They are not the most beautiful, but friendly enough and way better than what I have ever seen at Saxo Bar.

During happy hour (1 to 5 p.m.) all beers are 55 baht.

Khru Harry, are you retired now ?

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Instead of Saxo Bar you should try Goldflower Bar, previously Go Gress.

When coming from your dwelling place at Chokchai something follow Soi Khao Noi some 100s metres east.

At my latest visit I was told they have eleven girls now.

They are not the most beautiful, but friendly enough and way better than what I have ever seen at Saxo Bar.

During happy hour (1 to 5 p.m.) all beers are 55 baht.

Cheers. Not retired - working in Bangkok. But installed the GF and my son in a Darkside house and visit when I'm off work.

Nothing wrong with the darkside . I love the little bars out there , always good for an afternoon of fun . 

Just bought another house there and for the money of a townhouse downtown i got a nice villa with 

a swimming pool . 

People may call it a bit boring but when i'm home i don't miss the buzz of the city . Ten minutes and 

i'm downtown if i want . 

Are you married?  I am, and because of that, I love the "country" ... grass, trees, birds, no traffic, and peace.

BUT if I was single, I would not live here -- I would move into the city.  And as a single, I would buy into a condo or townhouse in the city.

Cheers. Not retired - working in Bangkok. But installed the GF and my son in a Darkside house and visit when I'm off work.

Ah, now I understand............... :Think1:

Are you married?  I am, and because of that, I love the "country" ... grass, trees, birds, no traffic, and peace.

BUT if I was single, I would not live here -- I would move into the city.  And as a single, I would buy into a condo or townhouse in the city.

Townhouses (not Villas) are generally cheaper and much better value than Condo's in Central/South Pattaya.

I just sold mine for 2.99 Mn (http://www.bahtsold.com/view/3-bed-detached-house-for-sale-be-quick--216298)%C2'> I'm struggling to see much of a choice of Condo's for that money in a similar location (i.e. not Jomtien, Pratumnak, Naklua or off round Soi Arunothai etc).

Unfortunately, to buy a house you have to take your chances with the illegal but ubiquitous Thai Company.

It's served me very well for about 6 years and 3 houses, but I've decided to quit while I'm ahead.

I wasn't all that nervous myself, but I concluded that if/when something happens to me, there's no way my daughters could unravel it from UK.

Now I have to consider either renting or condo' life, which so far I've avoided, but being single, it will definitely be on the Brightside.

Archived