IGNORED

Moving to the Darkside

brewster

So after a year in a townhouse off Soi Korpai it looks like I'm moving my family to the Darkside. A quiet street off Soi Khao Talo and a lot more space for my baht.

Already spotted some interesting looking beer bars and massage places.

How's life out East?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after a year in a townhouse off Soi Korpai it looks like I'm moving my family to the Darkside. A quiet street off Soi Khao Talo and a lot more space for my baht.

How's life out East?

I'd say it's a bit boring, depends where you want to move to.

Also, everything is far.

I lived in a house in Pong before (very very dark side), and I had to use the car for getting anywhere, shops were far away, etc. not to mention the heat and lack of sea breeze.

now I live in jomtien, quiet yet very practical and near everything I need.

Just moved from the dark side to pratumnak. Like previously mentioned, had to drive the car everywhere. The worst part is dealing with the traffic at the railway crossings and sukumvit road. Personally I found it quite boring.

Posted Image

Value of course but Price is offset by Traffic and Heat not to incl the amount of Soi Dogs...Many Live there and most are Married so don't need the closeness of the Night Life...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

No thanks done that and moved in to Kho Pai :-)

lived there for many years soi npw , i loved it there but traffic last couple of years has really got worse . it is not as quiet as it used to be , 

Yep thats the main thing, traffic gets worse every year, its a big pain in the ass. It is okay if you do not go out often into the city. Your choice of falang food is also limited unless you go grocery shopping once a week or so, there are some restaurants but less variety compared to in the city.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

How's life out East?

I like it, I rent in Eakmongol 4 but will be buying somewhere this year, we have a decent landlady with a few properties if you want her phone number

Just moved from the dark side to pratumnak. Like previously mentioned, had to drive the car everywhere. The worst part is dealing with the traffic at the railway crossings and sukumvit road. Personally I found it quite boring.

The police & their fckg whistles drive me bonkers, why have traffic lights then let them "I think I'm so damn important with my whistle" idiots loose in rush hour

They just make it worse

been living in pattaya a while now. i love the darkside. if you like cycling check out lake mapachan. its not like living in 'pattaya'... you got everything you need this side.. then when you fancy the usual beers and partying just get a quick 100 baht taxi over sukumivit.. easy

I like it, I rent in Eakmongol 4 but will be buying somewhere this year, we have a decent landlady with a few properties if you want her phone number

Cheers. I think we've already found a house, but if it falls through I'll get back to you.

I normally holiday for quiet a chunk of time in a year and have considered the Darkside.

As mentioned things are a bit more spread out.

In my previous investigations it can be a lot cheaper drinks wise, there are plenty of girls though I would say a lot are not of the quality available in the tourist area. Food wise some decent restaurants. 

Only a 10 - 15 minute Motorbike ride from the tourist areas and with the traffic lights on Sukumvit quiet safe to cross the main drag.

2 problems

Firstly some ex-pats have mentioned when they travel to the lightside they can find it difficult to get girls to accompany them home due to the distance.

Secondly and for me the killer is that the Bib do set up checkpoints at night to check on drunk drivers. If I stay in the main tourist drag I can use Cheap Baht Buses or Motor bike taxi drivers at night or just walk to my next venue. On the Darkside I would be using MB Taxi's more or paying a lot more money to travel to and from the Tourist areas.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Pros & cons.

There is plenty of good falang food places, some good bread places too.

Standard of girls is poor, have to go to Pattaya to get a cutie, traffic is a pain,

No sea breeze, can get hot, booze is cheaper, lots of boring old losers/loud mouths frequent the bars.

Thai ladies like it out there, lots of food markets & most have lots of friends out there. 

i enjoyed it there for the last year, but am moving next week closer to town.

the roadworks on sukhumvit and doging the police every night have forced my hand

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

Lived here for over a year, after 3 years in central patts and love it, would never go back. Can live a normal life, everything cheaper and more relaxed, but centre only 10 minutes away if you need it (for me it's mainly for decent supermarkets). Need a bike though, never take the car into town. Plenty of bars to go at if that's what you want, the "girls" aren't always the best, but they're always eager to please.

I normally holiday for quiet a chunk of time in a year and have considered the Darkside.

As mentioned things are a bit more spread out.

In my previous investigations it can be a lot cheaper drinks wise, there are plenty of girls though I would say a lot are not of the quality available in the tourist area. Food wise some decent restaurants. 

Only a 10 - 15 minute Motorbike ride from the tourist areas and with the traffic lights on Sukumvit quiet safe to cross the main drag.

2 problems

Firstly some ex-pats have mentioned when they travel to the lightside they can find it difficult to get girls to accompany them home due to the distance.

Secondly and for me the killer is that the Bib do set up checkpoints at night to check on drunk drivers. If I stay in the main tourist drag I can use Cheap Baht Buses or Motor bike taxi drivers at night or just walk to my next venue. On the Darkside I would be using MB Taxi's more or paying a lot more money to travel to and from the Tourist areas.

Motosai taxi 100bt, find a regular taxi guy who you can call at any hour as they can be very handy to have as a friend in time of need or as back up

I never had any problems getting girls to come to the darkside, I even use to have girls from facebook come alone to meet me who had never even met me before, in the early hours its surprising what lengths they will go to to make a few baht

I'd say it's a bit boring, depends where you want to move to.

Also, everything is far.

I lived in a house in Pong before (very very dark side), and I had to use the car for getting anywhere, shops were far away, etc. not to mention the heat and lack of sea breeze.

now I live in jomtien, quiet yet very practical and near everything I need.

I have lived in Pong for 5 years now ... I don't call it the darkside ... I call it "the country".  I am at the END of Lake Mabprachan.

If you want to monger every day -- you will hate living out here.  I would never want to be out here if I was single.

If you want green grass, plants, birds, and quiet, "normal" aspects of life, then you will enjoy it.  I lived in the city too long -- I needed this.

Rarely do we take a bike to Pattaya (which is a 45-60 minute trip on a decent day).  99% of the time, we are in the car.  Bikes are used to go to the market and local stores.

I think if we were talking about Brewster the WS GoGo fan, it would be fair to say that it's a bad idea, albeit I don't think he's going all that far out.

For Brewster the now settled down family man (I think?) there are lots of pluses (especially the availability of cheap houses to rent) as long as he doesn't need to come to the Brightside too often.

I think if we were talking about Brewster the WS GoGo fan, it would be fair to say that it's a bad idea, albeit I don't think he's going all that far out.

For Brewster the now settled down family man (I think?) there are lots of pluses (especially the availability of cheap houses to rent) as long as he doesn't need to come to the Brightside too often.

Could be a 'bright side' if you're monogamous?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I love it on the darkside, but I don't go out to the bars more than a couple of nights a week.

The construction clusterfuck on suckonit road has made living on this side more of a pain, but I am getting used to it.

Girls are less than enthusiastic about coming over to this side, true. Personally, I don't like bringing girls to my home, so l just short time mostly anyway.

If you are going to be driving home drunk every night, it's a bad choice.

Yeah I rarely ever ride my motorbike outside of Sukhumvit, usually when I go out its to drink and I dont have a driving license so im almost always taking a motorbike taxi to go out.The good thing as mentioned I found a regular guy who takes me almost anywhere from Darkside to the city for 100b, problem is coming back I had one guy told me 300b... I laughed and since I speak thai I got it down to 150b which is usually what the taxis in the city will charge to take me back.. fucking rip offs... I can get a aircon taxi car for 300b.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

The dark side? Ha! Should try Issan, it's pitch black!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The dark side? Ha! Should try Issan, it's pitch black!

Served 6 weeks once in darkest Ubon....chewing on door jambs after 3 weeks.

Archived