Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travel to Udon Thani

Jesper

Is Udon Thani well worth visiting for a short side trip

No! Im here now and if it's girls, culture or nature your after give it a miss. Bars mostly empty, except for old Farang with their Thai wives/girlfriends. Didn't see any attractive available bargirls or massage girls.

Good place for eating and shopping, which is what I needed, since Im on a break from Laos..

• 3 weeks later...

top mansion hotel ..500 bhat lot of falangs use it...right in the bar area

Rates have increased slightly.

Normal rooms have gone from 450 baht to 550 baht.

Deluxe rooms from 590 baht to 650 baht

Very very clean rooms. Highly recommended.

Rates have increased slightly.

Normal rooms have gone from 450 baht to 550 baht.

Deluxe rooms from 590 baht to 650 baht

Very very clean rooms. Highly recommended.

But noisy.

I am also curious about this city. You can get a return trip Bangkok to Udon for 1200 THB.

Are there any other non typical tourist towns worth checking out for single guys without transport?

But noisy.

I have stayed there 38 times. Can be noisy as it is a busy hotel :GoldenSmile1:

Value for money I cannot find a better place considering the location and other advantages.

I am also curious about this city. You can get a return trip Bangkok to Udon for 1200 THB.

Are there any other non typical tourist towns worth checking out for single guys without transport?

Recently flew from Udon to U-Tapao return for 2600 baht. It will be cheaper later in the year.

I like going up to Nong Khai. The area by the boardwalk is nice for a short term visit. Saturday evening there is a big food market kind of thing that's good. When I go up I stay in one of the intown guesthouses along the Mekhong. Mongering is pretty thin, but there are a few touristy things to do. 

Recently flew from Udon to U-Tapao return for 2600 baht. It will be cheaper later in the year.

Excellent, I've been looking forward to that route becoming a reality.

• 1 year later...

1.   bus from north pattaya rd  to bangkok 120 baht

2.  nok air from bkk to udon  approx 700 bajt on average.

3.  tuk tuk from airport to cenral udon 80 baht  

1.   bus from north pattaya rd  to bangkok 120 baht

2.  nok air from bkk to udon  approx 700 bajt on average.

3.  tuk tuk from airport to cenral udon 80 baht  

Nok Air good and cheap but can often be beaten by Thai Lion Air if you are able to book a bit in advance.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1. bus from north pattaya rd to bangkok 120 baht

2. nok air from bkk to udon approx 700 bajt on average.

3. tuk tuk from airport to cenral udon 80 baht

Nok Air don't fly to Udon Thani from BKK they fly from DMK.

• 9 months later...
On 1/22/2016 at 01:32, Garzan said:

I like going up to Nong Khai. The area by the boardwalk is nice for a short term visit. Saturday evening there is a big food market kind of thing that's good. When I go up I stay in one of the intown guesthouses along the Mekhong. Mongering is pretty thin, but there are a few touristy things to do. 

I plan to try mongering in Nong Khai next month, when high season gets too high in Pattaya. Yeah, I know things are sparse there, so I plan for a 2 night stay, and then migrate to Udon Thani.

• 1 month later...

What's the latest advice for a bit of action in Udon? Dead quiet around here and most places shut at 12am. Thai Friendly and Badoo ladies are mostly looking for husbands etc. Some returned bar girls too but they won't admit it. Slim pickings in general is my first impression. Anyone got some good ideas? I will need to drain the spuds soon but I don't want any old tart. I have some standards...555

Forgot to mention the prices seem to be a tad on the high side for the ones that are available.

Just returned, one option, falang street. The soi with the girlie bars. Not much talent but enough to keep you out of trouble. massage shops all day and night and a few beer bars, and I found a few young sweeties. All good. But you have to do your legwork!

How about the prices, weblo? Were you able to get value for money? Some of the girls I have spoken to think that they can charge more than Pattaya prices. Obviously, supply is not as good up here, but some are taking the piss...LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe time for an update. I reccomend plane. 

Utapo to Udon Thani with minibus service pickup from Central Festival. You can book it over the Airasia Website. 1200bath. Flight one hour. 30min with minibus. 

The minibus pickup service from Central Festival is when you re looking at CF from beachside in the left Soi from the building. See picture.

At pickup time before 5am the droppoint might be closed. Found my driver waiting at the beachside....

IMG_31012018_165013.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 8/12/2015 at 17:15, davidge said:

It's a hell of a long way on a bus!

Flight options:

Nok Air, Air Asia and Thai Lion Air from Don Muang. Return fares between 1200 and 1800 baht depending on time of day etc. you'll need to check on baggage costs.

Bangkok Air and Thai Smile from Suvarnabhumi. Return fares between 2000 and 3200.

If you can find a special offer you may get them cheaper.

Flight is 1 hour.

Either taxi or bus to airport from Pattaya to add on.

3,800baht Thai Smile .... Premium Economy easter time 2018

On 1/16/2018 at 20:58, Ham Keng said:

How about the prices, weblo? Were you able to get value for money? Some of the girls I have spoken to think that they can charge more than Pattaya prices. Obviously, supply is not as good up here, but some are taking the piss...LOL

i had 2 at different days from same bar 1st one was 1,500 ST other one was 2,000baht ST, only gave her 1,550 as was a bit of a dud . first one was good . bar fine in both cases was 300baht

2 hours ago, onehunglo said:

i had 2 at different days from same bar 1st one was 1,500 ST other one was 2,000baht ST, only gave her 1,550 as was a bit of a dud . first one was good . bar fine in both cases was 300baht

Just to clarify you agreed on 2k then just paid her 1550?

I am booked for U-Tapao to Udon for a short trip, and will be staying at Top Mansion. I am paying an extra $2 to get a Deluxe room.

my Plan is to hit the Day/Night Complex, which opens late in the day.

Taxi from the airport to Top Mansion was 150 baht.

Archived