IGNORED

Metro Burger

OK, tried a bacon burger there last night.

Pros:

Good price. (150g proper beef patty + a strip of real bacon for 95 baht? Ridiculous!)

Tasty.

Fresh veggies.

Quite hygienic for what's basically street food.

Cons:

They keep the meat in the freezer and have to thaw it in the microwave before cooking.

Not exactly the best seating I've ever experienced.

The guy was so meticulous that it took him a fair bit longer than what's strictly needed.

Funny thing, I went to Kiss afterwards (the gogo, not the crappy food joint) for a 2 for 1 dose of sangsom coke, and one of the waitresses that I've known for a while was very keen to know whether I think the old guy who works the stall is falang or thai. Because she had been thinking he looks falang and was a little puzzled by that. (He's not. He might be thai-chinese, though.)

Spot on review!..  You are right about the old bloke, he would struggle to keep up if there where quite a few customer, he is extremely polite and must be pushing at least 65YOA.

That's the place that had a for sale sign a couple of weeks back, and we had high hopes for the (since aborted) Gary burger relaunch. Wonder if this is the new ownership?

Burger looks good especially the patty looks a lot better than your average street burger . At 95 baht including bacon dare I say it looks better value than a Gary burger. You should get in quick and claim naming rights before Gary finds this thread!

Shits on the Gary Burger and I was a fan!

Good burger for the price!..  Boxershrimps review sums it up very well!..

150g bacon, egg and cheese burger @ 115B, I ate it next door at The Cave and their drinks menu is fair for the area!

post-82617-0-33119400-1439043280_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-36706400-1439043443_thumb.jpg

Speaking of metro burgers,i was having a hot roast beef sandwich one night at the food stand more or less opposite champagne,a drunk thai woman sat next to me had bought a burger same as in the pics,it proceeded to slither off the paper plate and into her open handbag,fried egg and all,i tried not to laugh too much cos she might have kicked off but it was dead funny,absolute perfection :laugh:  :laugh:.

You are right about the old bloke, he would struggle to keep up if there where quite a few customer, he is extremely polite and must be pushing at least 65YOA.

Yeah, I mean, I could see this as very annoying, because he really isn't super fast. But since he's so nice, on the other hand, that would be a bit assholish of me.

There are worse places to wait for your food than on LK Metro, with people going by and things happening all the time.

Thanks for the pointer... looks good... will give it a try in a couple (or so) weeks...

• 2 weeks later...

i had the bacon burger there a few times and find it great value and tasty,he may take a while but he keeps the place spotlessly clean and is very polite i get takeaway and pick a beer bar to eat at,better value than oz burger imho.

Had a burger there the other day, hands down the best burger I have had in Pattaya in a long time.

Looking forward to a return visit.

Had a burger there the other day, hands down the best burger I have had in Pattaya in a long time.

Looking forward to a return visit.

I am hoping Pixie can do a home delivery tonight. 

Shits on the Gary Burger and I was a fan!

Good enough recommendation for me. Pixie is heading there now to buy a 170 baht Gary Gus Burger. 

Saw before someon commented on frozen burgers and the microwave. I did not see him using the microwave, but my burger did start off frozen.

I wonder how we could get it across that it would be a good idea to keep a few burgers in the fridge to thaw safely, and shift one from the freezer to the fridge every time he sells one.

Regardless, the hand formed pattys are a huge part of what puts this place above other burger stands, kudos to them.

I am hoping Pixie can do a home delivery tonight. 

I think you will be quite impressed with their range of condiments!... :GoldenSmile1:

post-82617-0-71810100-1440934472_thumb.png

Saw before someon commented on frozen burgers and the microwave. I did not see him using the microwave, but my burger did start off frozen.

I wonder how we could get it across that it would be a good idea to keep a few burgers in the fridge to thaw safely, and shift one from the freezer to the fridge every time he sells one.

Regardless, the hand formed pattys are a huge part of what puts this place above other burger stands, kudos to them.

I just went there on the back of your recommendation. The quick verdict--yes, very nice for the price. I'll be back.

Nitpicking next. As you say, the 'patty' started off frozen. He microwaved it for a bit, then threw it on The Grill. It was a rock hard chunk of meat at that point. Then he pressed it down with his spatula and a very small cutting board on top of that to increase the pressure. He flipped it a few times, continually pressing down *hard* in this manner. Eventually you could see the meat unfreeze and as I said the burger seemed tasty enough (I'm sick now so not the best judge). The meat was a thousand percent better than a Gary 'burger'.

It would be great if they could sort out their freezing issue. Seems so strange.

Oh, someone asked about seating at the place. They have a few stools and you can sit there. I did, and ate there too.

I am not hungry anymore. A very nice Burger, I missed the cooked tomato and onion and the egg and bacon that the Gus Burger does not have.
Two patties which were far superior to the Gary Burger Patty was too much meat for me tho.

The 95 baht burger with Gary Burger inclusions would be great.  

Unwrapping a Gus Burger.

2015-08-30 19.00.07.jpg2015-08-30 19.00.23.jpg2015-08-30 19.02.36.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will be quite impressed with their range of condiments!... :GoldenSmile1:

attachicon.gifmustard.PNG

Damn, man. That's even relatively rare here in Sweden (where it comes from).

Personally, though, I use dijon on my burgers at home. But OK, that might be too much to ask for in Thailand.

Damn, man. That's even relatively rare here in Sweden (where it comes from).

Personally, though, I use dijon on my burgers at home. But OK, that might be too much to ask for in Thailand.

I think one of the partners in Metro Burger (The Cave) is Swedish!  Scandervick and Globtrotters Restaurants have it as well.

Good for them. The plain Slott's mustard is much too tame, and far too sweet as well. And I'm sad to say that's pretty much the norm for street hot dogs and burgers alike, here. This one at least has a bit more bite (and not quite as much sugar).

Archived