Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Keeniow Food

This was my 2nd visit to this eatery. My first a few days ago. Originally I think I heard of the place from a Sateef thread...but unsure. The cook (maybe owner) is "Ja" ("J" is pronounced "Y"). Told me the restaurant name but I can't remember. It's on the banner if you are able to read Thai. She is very friendly and likes to talk. On both of my visits I was the only customer so unsure how many customers she gets daily, but surely not many. The drinks in refrigerator are not too well stocked as she said "Not have money". It's too bad as the food I ordered was good and fairly priced (70 baht). First time I ordered the Cashew Chicken (includes rice) and was very good. This time I ordered the Cashew Pork. Unfortunately she forgot the cashews 555. Not a problem and to be fair I was talking to her while she was cooking and taking a few pictures which I am sure distracted her. Did not mention the missing cashews to her. If I would have she would have corrected it and apologized profusely I'm sure. Well, here are some pics...

Location is on Soi Excite about 50 meters before 3rd road (linked photo is before restaurant existed) :  https://www.google.com/maps/@12.929426,100.888482,3a,75y,15.75h,83.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZXTbsiNxf2_FSeybD_Bp6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Thanks for posting,seen the outside banner before in sa-teef thread as you say,food looks good and the place clean hope she makes it pay,shame soi excite does not get more foot traffic she may be busier .

Thanks for sharing your nice review. I might encourage her several visits around this area.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Sorry the pics are a little large. If you want the menu prices click on the pics to show full view. I will resize next time.

have eaten there a few times - food was quite good... about a 3.6 out of 5... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Prices are good and as others have said it looks clean.

I would eat there :)

Thanks for the review,

The place looks good, I have passed by a couple of times , and already eaten elsewhere, so haven't eaten there yet.

I will definitely give it a try.

Beer prices look "out of whack" to me....JMHO

I will post another Keeniow review in the next couple days. I try to be frugal so these are the kind of places I tend to go to. Feel free to contribute to the thread if you have any Cheap Charlie favorites.

You like some food with your chilies?   :GoldenSmile1:

Looks clean and tidy!

The food looks about as you'd expect at that sort of restaurant and price level. I'd eat there if I was in the area, hungry, and wanted some lower priced Thai food. Otherwise, doesn't seem to be worth traveling for. 

The food looks about as you'd expect at that sort of restaurant and price level. I'd eat there if I was in the area, hungry, and wanted some lower priced Thai food. Otherwise, doesn't seem to be worth traveling for. 

Your ok!  Some BM live and other BM stay in the area and don't mind a stroll for lunch!   :GoldenSmile1:

Beer prices look "out of whack" to me....JMHO

Yes, I agree, I did not write it, but they are a little too over the edge.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

So she charges beer bar prices on her booze !! she`s trying to make living,can`t be easy give her a go...jmho

I have eaten there many times and will be back again very soon.  Glad that this thread is running because I was worried that she might have to close down this low season for lack of customers.  The food is really good, all cooked to order and everything is very clean, you see the food being cooked.  If you ask, you can have food cooked the way you want, add things or take away things you don`t like.  The Pad Thai is brilliant and the portions are really good for all the dishes.  I love my food and really enjoy this place, quality at a decent price.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'll pop in on my way to bliss lounge.

I'll get a feed before they get a feed

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I think they used to be located on soi buakhao, a bit north of soi honey.  the menu looks very familiar.  You said you could not remember the name of the place. Ja Thai food, it is on the top of the menu.  It is also written in Thai on the banner at the front of the shop.

I'm sure it is the same people running the place, glad you found where they moved to.

Cheers for the review

Walked past many times never stopped

Lunch sorted for today

Yes, Ja is still the owner and currently the one and only cook. This low season has been particularly tough on her and even more so since she moved to Soi Excite and doesnt have the foot traffic she had on Soi Buakhao. She is lucky that she has kept many of her very loyal customer base from before that now make the walk or ride to her new location. My personal favorites are her Massaman and Stuffed Egg. She will alter any dish upon request for such things as no oil, or no salt. She could certainly use all the support from new customers that she can get. Happy to see she has a new fan. 

I was told the chang beer price on her menu is incorrect. The price is 50 baht. 

Thanks for the review and the pics.  I am always open to trying new places.  Very clean looking place.

Could have missed the toilet pic :Surrender1:

I'll probably try their sweet & sour chicken, fried noodles, and fried rice, and ....well you get what I mean.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

The food looks very nice I nearly always eat at KISS food but will definitely keep this place in mind for next month Thanks for letting us know

Yes, Ja is still the owner and currently the one and only cook. This low season has been particularly tough on her and even more so since she moved to Soi Excite and doesnt have the foot traffic she had on Soi Buakhao.

yeah, so it is the same.  I looked for them on soi buakhao last time and could not find the place.  I can say it was my go to place for breakfast (around 12-1pm) when on soi buakhao.  great price and good food.

thanks for letting me know the new location.  I personally highly recommend them.  Check out the menu pics above and if something takes your liking give them a go. some of the best value thai food you can get in the area.

Archived