Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2015 Ashes series - Eng V Aus

mousemat

Australia 23. For 5 . Carnage

Australia 23. For 5 . Carnage

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgraceful first hour. The team should go home and let the ladies team take over.

This England team will surely get knighthoods after today?

now 46 for 7

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

now 47 for 9 broad 7 for 11 runs

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

beffor da thirst ovur, me and da boyse strted a drnkmg gaym. skul a shot evrery wuckit, w're now ducking frunk

beffor da thirst ovur, me and da boyse strted a drnkmg gaym. skul a shot evrery wuckit, w're now ducking frunk

Indeed ,   but not as punch drunk as these Aussie batters .

Australia 60

England   177 - 3

Mikeyboy

Another three day test match in the offing, by the end of day two England should have a lead of 450+, Aussies have been so pathetic & insipid. Seems they never seen a seaming red ball. The Oval test should be preponed.

................................................................................................................

Never heard such comments by the TV commentators re. Australias  " batting "       Pathetic , miserable , feeble ,  to name a few .

Sure the ball moved around a little bit , but no excuses for 60 all out .

Geoff Boycott was having multiple orgasm's calling the game . 

Mikeyboy

First I'd like to thank London Underground for going on strike so I could work from home and enjoy the greatest day of cricket I have ever witnessed.

Nothing gives me more pleasure in Cricket then destroying the Aussies and hearing their press turn against them.

It was great looking at the faces of Warne and Ponting as the wickets tumbled – priceless.

By lunch tomorrow then?, maybe even earlier. Pity!! the series never got competitive at any stage.

................................................................................................................

By lunch tomorrow then?, maybe even earlier. Pity!! the series never got competitive at any stage.

Amazed at the winning margins in these games .   Steve Smith to captain at the Oval ?

Mikeyboy

All over   innings and 78 runs  .   3 -1 England , and a game to spare . 

All change in the Aussie camp i would say .  Or at least some change .

Mikeyboy

The game is such a great leveler, 4-5 months back Clarke was on top of the world captaining Australia to a world cup win & now literally being forced out the door. Display of emotions at the post match interviews clearly showed that he realized he had to give it up, willingly or not.   

The game is such a great leveler, 4-5 months back Clarke was on top of the world captaining Australia to a world cup win & now literally being forced out the door. Display of emotions at the post match interviews clearly showed that he realized he had to give it up, willingly or not.   

Cruel game ,   for Michael Clarke a miserable tour ,  but a long and very good international career .

Mikeyboy

I really enjoyed watching the players celebrate yesterday and the gulf in class has been there for all to see.

Considering the hype surrounding Australia’s batting line-up which was meant to take the game away from us, I was really impressed with our bowling attack as they spread their wickets and allowed only 2 Australians to reach scores of 100+. Someone always stepped up to the challenge with a devastating spell.  

Moving forward we need to focus on our batting as there will be problems if any team posts a large score of 500+. Ali had the 2nd best batting average of the players who played all 4 tests at 38.00. I’m willing to give Lyth another tour and see how he develops.

Congratulations for Root who is now the world’s number 1 ranked batsman.

For the Oval test I’d like to see Ali replaced with Abdul Rashid as its time to finally give him a much deserved opportunity.

I really enjoyed watching the players celebrate yesterday and the gulf in class has been there for all to see.

Considering the hype surrounding Australia’s batting line-up which was meant to take the game away from us, I was really impressed with our bowling attack as they spread their wickets and allowed only 2 Australians to reach scores of 100+. Someone always stepped up to the challenge with a devastating spell.  

Moving forward we need to focus on our batting as there will be problems if any team posts a large score of 500+. Ali had the 2nd best batting average of the players who played all 4 tests at 38.00. I’m willing to give Lyth another tour and see how he develops.

Congratulations for Root who is now the world’s number 1 ranked batsman.

For the Oval test I’d like to see Ali replaced with Abdul Rashid as its time to finally give him a much deserved opportunity.

Pakistan in the middle east  ,  Dubai , Abu Dhabi etc will be an entirely different challenge from Australia , followed by South Africa .  

Adil Rashid  is now 27 years old and has been on the international horizon for the last 6 / 7  years ,  If England are still not sure about his bowling skills then fine , forget him and find somebody else .    Otherwise he must play at the Oval .  

The openers slot is a little more complex ,   Lyth may make the tours ,   The options are limited unless they go for an uncapped player .      Nick Compton is not wanted by Cook , although he is a good player of spin .     Michael Carberry is not consistent and doesn't make big runs ,  Sam Robson looked far too tense at the wicket . 

Not sure Alex Hales'  expansive game will work at the highest level but maybe worth a punt ..  Must admit iv'e not seen the other Yorkshire openers Lees play .  

Mikeyboy 

Looks like our Aussis cousins have gone misisng on this thread................................ I wonder why? :)

Looks like our Aussis cousins have gone misisng on this thread................................ I wonder why? :)

Drowning their sorrows i guess .

Don't think anyone saw the rapid demise of the Australians coming ,  certainly not people like Mcgrath or Steve Smith who predicted a large Aussie win .  Jason Gillespie said in june that the

Aussies were a bit of a dads army , and got some stick for his comments .   

Steve Smith now confirmed as the new Aussie captain after the Oval .      They will be back i'm sure . 

Mikeyboy

A protest is taking place tomorrow outside the Oval to complain about the state of modern cricket as the ICC is now run by India, England and Australia. The protesters will hold a 3 minutes silence in respect of the decline of test cricket, reducing the number of teams in the next ODI world cup and the power being in control of 3 countries.

I doubt anyome will listen but you need to try and show the ICC that we care about the game.

#changecricket

A protest is taking place tomorrow outside the Oval to complain about the state of modern cricket as the ICC is now run by India, England and Australia. The protesters will hold a 3 minutes silence in respect of the decline of test cricket, reducing the number of teams in the next ODI world cup and the power being in control of 3 countries.

I doubt anyome will listen but you need to try and show the ICC that we care about the game.

#changecricket

Protest about what, England & Australia are the prime custodians of test cricket & like it or not the sub-continent is the moolah behind the shorter version. Forget ICC what is the respective cricket boards of WI or SA doing to promote test cricket. SA is now playing a winter ODI series against NZ.

Protest about what, England & Australia are the prime custodians of test cricket & like it or not the sub-continent is the moolah behind the shorter version. Forget ICC what is the respective cricket boards of WI or SA doing to promote test cricket. SA is now playing a winter ODI series against NZ.

Couldn't have said it better Mick

Mikeyboy

Final test just started at the Oval   .  England unchanged ,  Aussies  Mitchell Marsh in for his brother Shaun and Peter Siddle in for Josh Haslewood .

England win toss and bowl .

Aussie's must get through to lunch with not too much damage .

mikeyboy

82 - 0 at lunch Australia , without too many alarms .

England will be disappointed at no breakthrough , wicket looks good ,  no 2 day test match this time .

Mikeyboy

82 - 0 at lunch Australia , without too many alarms .

England will be disappointed at no breakthrough , wicket looks good ,  no 2 day test match this time .

Mikeyboy

Spoken all too soon? 55

Archived