IGNORED

2 newbies in paradise hotel dilemma

Brussh

Don't knock sheep

Totally agree mate, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Isuggest looking on soi 13-4, the shamrock bar.rooms are 15000 a month there are 3 of them.cheers reddie.

Someone advised my mate find some place for a couple of nights then look for a walk in deal. How practical is this? Are we likely to get a better deal? 

I contacted my hotel direct and asked for a deal for 6 nights. They quoted a price per night that was 300B cheaper than the rates on their site and the major booking sites. I doubt if I had of walked around I would have got it any cheaper. Therefore I would just contact the hotels direct and ask them to do you a deal if you stay x amount of nights.

Fuck me! You've been a member for a month and you've already got 125 posts and you still don't know where to stay! I don't think you have been reading the right threads or asking the right questions. Even I know staying at a premier hotel with a 6k budget is gunna Fuck you up. I booked my flight and hotel (baywalk residence) before I even dared to come on here and ask about stuff on the ground! The internet is a wonderful tool.

Others have provided sound advise, but if I were you, I'd think long and hard about not pre-booking in advance, jumping around accommodations.  I assume you're on vacation to drink and whore about, not to do a research project on the best/not-so-best Pattaya accommodations.  Changing hotels is a huge pain in the ass, and trust me, especially when you're moving while hung over.  My advise would be to find a hotel that fits your budget, before you leave, and stick to it.  That way, you'll know your hotel is paid for the entire holiday and now you'll only have to think about your budget for booze, women and food.  Check out hotel reviews for cleanliness, value and access to the action.  Personally, I stay in the Soi7 or 8 area.  That area is smack dab in the middle of everything.  There's a ton of bars on Soi7 and 8.  Plus, it's just a few minutes ride on a baht bus or mototaxi to WS, Soi6, or LK Metro.

I've mentioned this in the past, but when I'm sitting in my favorite cafe on Soi7, eating breakfast (at about noon), I usually see at least 5 or 6 miserable looking punters dragging their luggage up and down the Soi looking for accommodations in the heat of the day.  I have no idea what they're thinking, but by the looks on their faces, I can imagine it's something like:  "Fuck! I could still be sleeping... or I could be laying out by the pool with a cold beer and a little hottie next to me... or I could be spending the day on Koh Larn... or at the water park or at the go-cart track.  Instead I'm spending my vacation day, dragging my 25kg luggage around in this fucking heat, looking for a fucking place to sleep tonight, just to save £10!"

Everyone has their own modus operandi and if you don't mind skipping around hotels during your holiday, rock-on brother, just have fun!

:GoldenSmile1:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Buddy Edgewood I agree with you. I've done this booking for a few nights then looking for somewhere cheaper stuff in the past. Its a time consuming pain in the butt trogging around in the midday sun looking at rooms. (but I'm not daft enough to drag the cases with me)

Yeah just book one place for your stay man couldnt think of anything worse than moving around

Cheers for all your suggestions, much appreciated the time you took to help. A range of opinions though, well this is the interweb is it not?

Yep I'm leaning on the side of getting a place booked for at least the first week if not for the whole 2.

I've identified my needs/wants as...

1. Completely hassle free guest friendly

2. Being near the Baht Buss route

3. Big screen TV

4. Daily sheet change

5. Balcony

6. Blackout curtains and not noisy 

7. Settee 

Not fussed about breakfast provided as unlikely I'm going to be awake for it. I don't drink and not a fussy eater so with a 1000 - 1250 ish accommodation budget will leave me around 4000 a day for pussy. I reckon I can get pretty messed up with that and experience all that Pattaya has to offer.

No doubt more will be revealed.

Never say never

I don't mean to burst ya bubble mate. But even not drinking and eating anything cheap, from what I've researched 4k is very little for a daily spend! With lady drinks your drinks (you will have to drink something even if not alcohol) and other costs it doesn't make for the best first time in patts. What you planning to do sit in your room and nip to beach road a couple of times a day for a free lancer, no beer bars, definitely no gogo's. If I were you I'd save a little more and have a better first time.

Just my opinion, hope ya have a good one mate.

Pick one or two from the PA list. Nothing can go wrong there. Pick at least one from the list for a week and see. No need in changing hotels all the time. Pattaya is not that diffucult to navigate, just make sure that you are in central Pattaya. Also look at the whole pic. After 24 hours flying from and to uk. How big of a hole in the wallet would a decent hotel be for 2.weeks holiday ?

Someone advised my mate find some place for a couple of nights then look for a walk in deal. How practical is this? Are we likely to get a better deal?

Most deals that I know of are for longer stay.

I think you are right in thinking not wasting part of your 2 weeks looking for hotel deals.

I always prebook and just enjoy my time in Pattaya knowing I could not rent a shed in the US for the price of a hotel in Pattaya.

Cheers for all your suggestions, much appreciated the time you took to help. A range of opinions though, well this is the interweb is it not?

Yep I'm leaning on the side of getting a place booked for at least the first week if not for the whole 2.

I've identified my needs/wants as...

1. Completely hassle free guest friendly

2. Being near the Baht Buss route

3. Big screen TV

4. Daily sheet change

5. Balcony

6. Blackout curtains and not noisy 

7. Settee 

Not fussed about breakfast provided as unlikely I'm going to be awake for it. I don't drink and not a fussy eater so with a 1000 - 1250 ish accommodation budget will leave me around 4000 a day for pussy. I reckon I can get pretty messed up with that and experience all that Pattaya has to offer.

No doubt more will be revealed.

We can meet all your needs have a look at our website and what you see is what you get, you can also check the reviews

I see rooms going quick 

There's plenty of rooms in your price range available in late September which is about the lowest of the low season.

I suggest booking a room for the first two nights on Booking.com or Agoda.  If you ike the place extend it a bit.

Keep your options open as there are many reasons why you might want a change of venue.

There is no reason to lock in your hotel for more than a few days at a time.

If you were talking about January it'd be a different story.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Personally I find moving hotels a huge pain in the ass and a waist of time. Work out where you want to stay I find the area around soi Diana very central and then set your list of requirements and search here and on the net for a place that suits. Contact them and see if they will do a discount. While your there have a look around and talk to a few people and scout for your next trip. I like the little L street that links soi Bau Khao to Soi 15 it is an easy 3 min walk to LK Metro, quite enough to rest, on the Baht bus route, if I don't feel like seeing the people (girls) I know I can duck down or come up Soi 15 without the world watching. I can to roughly recommend the Boomerang just book as far in advance as possibles It was booked out last trip so I stayed at I Rover luxury apartments they where ok. Even if you get completely the wrong place you will still have a blast. My first full trip I stayed at Rock house on LK Metro I only had water or Wi-Fi about half time the everything was falling apart and it was quite noisy but I still had a great trip even had a lot of fun in the bar downstairs and stop in every trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys for all the guidance around this after researching 100's hotels condos and guest houses quite obsessively. My pal and I have finally agreed on and booked August Suites. Roll on September  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Never say never

Cheers guys for all the guidance around this after researching 100's hotels condos and guest houses quite obsessively. My pal and I have finally agreed on and booked August suites. Roll on September  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Good spot, stayed there a few years ago before i switched to guesthouses. And yes, roll on September, in particular the 20th!!  

Cheers guys for all the guidance around this after researching 100's hotels condos and guest houses quite obsessively. My pal and I have finally agreed on and booked August suites. Roll on September :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

Looks like a nice place I'll be there from 21st September till 6th Oct if you want to meet up for a drink PM me I'm more that happy to impart my experience / show you around a bit.

Cool Jc just look out for the 2 drooling fish

Never say never

• 3 weeks later...

Also check any hotels you are interested in on trip advisor,if you read families complaining about it being like a brothel then it may be the place for you.seriously if you read about crap wifi noisy at night next to a disco etc.

i like your advice about checking family complaint!!!!!

Archived