Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2 newbies in paradise hotel dilemma

Brussh

My pal and I are landing 24 September for 2 weeks. We both have been gathering information on Pattaya, his has mostly been a couple pals in his home town, my recon has mostly been on here. He is of the opinion that we book a hotel for a couple a days and then find some place on the ground.

I see rooms going quick and don't want to be spending precious mongering time looking for walk in bargains, when such a thing may or not exist.

I want to mix it up a bit, 3 or for nights in the heart of the action say Walking ST in a budget hotel, a week in a luxury hotel or condo say VT6 and the last few nights in a budget again in say Soi 6

We are a on a bit of a budget about 6000 baht a day which includes accommodation.

I would appreciate feedback for these two innocent farangs

Never say never

If you are on a budget i'd suggest scrub a hotel and go for a guesthouse instead. Loads around LK. Soi Buakhao, Soi Chaiyapoon. 

Have a look in the accommodation threads. Several BMs run guesthouses.

Chow Soy and English Rose are good spots.

There are so many hotels, condos & guesthouses to choose from and everyone will have their favourites.

Personally, I would not move around. Choose a base and stick to it. I always prefer to book in advance as well, even in low season.

With a budget of 6000 a day inc. accommodation I would forget about VT6. You'll need the cash for beer and women!

It's very easy to get to all the places you mentioned on a baht bus. No need to stay next to any of them.

Decide what you want in your accommodation. Eg pool? Wifi? Safe in room?

If you don't want a pool then look at one of the guesthouse often mentioned on here. If you do, look for a 1000-1200 a night hotel.

Good luck.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There's plenty of good guesthouses where you can get good rooms for around 700B per night.

You should be able to secure something :)

Someone advised my mate find some place for a couple of nights then look for a walk in deal. How practical is this? Are we likely to get a better deal? 

Never say never

Someone advised my mate find some place for a couple of nights then look for a walk in deal. How practical is this? Are we likely to get a better deal? 

I don't think many hotels will be full in Sept so there is no problem doing it. Personally i don't see the need to move about but each to his own. I doubt you would get guesthouses much cheaper as a walk in, but i can't say for sure, i've never done it.

If you don't care about a pool, go for a guesthouse. As a first timer i would advise you to pre-book your first week. The last thing you'll want to do is have to look for a new room with so many other distractions!

Sept good time to go. I go every year at that time.

Do a little research here then book a guesthouse for 2 days. If on arrival you are not happy have a look around for an alternative or if suited see if you can extend your booking at your original choice. Many places will cut you a deal for a 2 week stay at the time of the year which will release more of your budget for the fun things. 

That would be advisable for longish stays, for two weeks I would book China Garden on soi Lengkee & keep money for partying in this amazing town.

................................................................................................................

Doable , last January , I was looking for a place for my Irish friend to stay , I saw on Internet hotel site , hotel asking for 22,000 bt for 30 days ( including 30% off ) , went down to have a look at the room first before booking , looked the room , satisfied with the quality and the comfort , then got an offer from the receptionist that he can have a room for my friend for 15,000 for a month .. September is a quiet month , they will offer you a low bottom price . Like someone said , book for two days and look for better offers while you are there .. Easy to find. My advice is , shop around on hotel site on internet , pick what you like and visit them and ask for a look . Picture of the room on the internet don't always come true in real life . :)

my theory on this is, that if you 'really' search the internet, you'll find a better deal. Besides it's a bit of bummer to spend time moving around, unless you don't like the hotel.

Start looking at the booking portals to get  feel for the market and if you see a good offer, book it.

However some of board favourites with regard to guesthouses are not on the booking portals, maybe they'll give you a discount if you book for two weeks.  

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

Guesthouses stay the same price so just book online,it's to hot to be walking around and fucking about.

With your budget get a 700-1000 baht a night guesthouse,chow soy I would recommend or China garden.

Also check any hotels you are interested in on trip advisor,if you read families complaining about it being like a brothel then it may be the place for you.seriously if you read about crap wifi noisy at night next to a disco etc.

Would not bother moving,always a pain the next day ,if you have had a skin full the night before.Also easier to get a good deal on room the longer you stay. Should have no trouble finding rooms in September . Would head for a guesthouse around soi Honey-Buakhao then your in easy reach for WS or Soi 6 by baht bus.. 

My pal and I are landing 24 September for 2 weeks. We both have been gathering information on Pattaya, his has mostly been a couple pals in his home town, my recon has mostly been on here. He is of the opinion that we book a hotel for a couple a days and then find some place on the ground.

I see rooms going quick and don't want to be spending precious mongering time looking for walk in bargains, when such a thing may or not exist.

I want to mix it up a bit, 3 or for nights in the heart of the action say Walking ST in a budget hotel, a week in a luxury hotel or condo say VT6 and the last few nights in a budget again in say Soi 6

We are a on a bit of a budget about 6000 baht a day which includes accommodation.

I would appreciate feedback for these two innocent farangs

Have a look at my link mate, local to everywhere and well within your budget..

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

If you are on your first visit you might be better staying in Soi 13, Plenty of good quality hotes around 1200 baht a night and a couple of cheaper ones like Lek. Swimming pools and central. You are in the middle of the baht bus route so easy to get to even Jomtiem and Naklua and not that far from WS and soi diana. And it is quiet at night.That time of the year you might get them down to 1000 a night given you have 2 rooms and 2 weeks. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Don't worry about Sept. filling up, there are 1000's of rooms.

On my first trip I panicked as when you look at rooms on Agoda, Booking.com etc they say last 2 rooms.

That's a load of shite.

I would scrap staying in a v.good hotel as itnwill eat too much of your budget, hiwever u will get some great deals on hotels in september, ive booked the 1 bedroom apartment in @mind for 1150bht pn which is an asolute bargain, was tempted with nova gold for 700 bht aswell

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I arrived on the last night of songkran, probably one of the busiest nights of the year, found a decent room in under 10 minutes!!! (Right by soi 7)

Agree no problem to find room deals in September. Don't forget to take your umbrella and wellingtons, you'll need 'em in September!

Agree no problem to find room deals in September. Don't forget to take your umbrella and wellingtons, you'll need 'em in September!

do they still use the umbrella for gonnorhea these days?and why the wellingtons,surely you could get a woman lt on that budget instead of a sheep

Archived