IGNORED

Embarrassing subject

rick379

Get your testosterone levels checked I have just had mine done (it was very low) and am now getting testosterone injections every two weeks from my GP in the UK.

Mine was checked for another health problem I have but low testosterone levels has many side effects including man boobs (me too), low mood, erection problems, etc., etc., etc.

A hormone imbalance could be the cause it may or may not be but worth checking anyway.

In short get yourself checked out there could be an underlying problem that is causing it kidney or liver problems that you may not know you have for instance.

Getting them reduced by surgery could just be treating the symptom not the cause.

+1

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Maybe , but the OP said it effected 60% of men , the majority of that number ( myself included ) would see results if they lost weight and hit the bench in the gym , a smaller number will be hormone imbalance and corrected by taking supplements / changing diet , I would guess only a small minority actually require surgery , that may include the OP so apologies if that is the case you have exhausted all other avenues

Well, that's about the same percentage of males above 50 that suffer too low testosterone... coincidence? Don't think so.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Get your testosterone levels checked I have just had mine done (it was very low) and am now getting testosterone injections every two weeks from my GP in the UK.

Mine was checked for another health problem I have but low testosterone levels has many side effects including man boobs (me too), low mood, erection problems,  etc., etc., etc.

A hormone imbalance could be the cause it may or may not be but worth checking anyway.

In short get yourself checked out there could be an underlying problem that is causing it kidney or liver problems that you may not know you have for instance.

Getting them reduced by surgery could just be treating the symptom not the cause.

I think this is exactly the advice you were looking for. You know the problem so try and find the cause, that will give you the best knowledge in the best way to deal with it. Best of luck!

Before opting for surgery first look into medication to reduce or eliminate your gynocomastia. Arimidex is reported to help in the reduction and elimination of gynocomastia.

My friend a bodybuilder had thisit was caused by taking to many steroids

Imagine you have a glass inside you body which holds your testosterone when it gets full and overflows the bits that leak out become estrogen

he had surgery on the nhs recovery was only 2 days

I expect much of what the poster has will be fat not true deposits caused by estrogen

I Think a drug called tamoxifen can help

In some cases

But many times surgery is only option

For what is commonly called bitch tits

• 1 month later...

I've had moobs for about 30 years now from a combination of too much weight and years of cannabinoid ingestion.  Losing weight and working out helped, but only a little. I considered surgery but in the US it was over $10K without insurance.  In BKK it is around $3Kusd.  I now have insurance that will cover it, but at this point I really don't care.  They don't bother me at all.  Thai girls will sometimes giggle a bit then seem to have fun sucking and playing with them.

One advantage...I can dance in front of a mirror and stuff money in my own knickers!

• 3 weeks later...

Gyno should be dealt with in this order:

1. Diet/Exercise/Fat loss
  2. Hormones (Get yourself tested, speak to a doctor and potentially start taking an AI or estrogen blocker).
  3. Surgery

How far you'll have to go down the list is dependent on multiple factors: your age, body fat percentage, hormones and finally (sadly) genetics. 

Not really something you should embarrassed about it unless it's to one of the higher degrees of severity, a myriad of solutions are at your feet and odds are one of them will have some impact.

Health & Fitness Information Repository

Feel free to message me regarding any finance questions. Happy to help.

Before opting for surgery first look into medication to reduce or eliminate your gynocomastia. Arimidex is reported to help in the reduction and elimination of gynocomastia.

Totally agree. Arimidex or Nolvadex first then surgery.

My friend a bodybuilder had thisit was caused by taking to many steroids

Imagine you have a glass inside you body which holds your testosterone when it gets full and overflows the bits that leak out become estrogen

he had surgery on the nhs recovery was only 2 days

I expect much of what the poster has will be fat not true deposits caused by estrogen

Indeed its caused by testosterone converting to estrogen which leads to gyno. Thats why BBers take nolvadex or similar to prevent it.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived