IGNORED

Centara avenue - soi Diana

Cph

hi all

I recently stayed at this hotel so I'll do a quick review.

In my opinion it has the usual 'centara' quality so it's a decent hotel. It's located off soi Diana next to Areca Lodge so close to everything and near the bathbus route so easy to get around.

I stayed in a 'small' room that was 24 m2. The bed was Queen size - a bit on small side, but very good. It had a nice bathroom as well with a window, so with a bit of planning you can perve on your girlfriend In the shower :-)

My room didn't have a balcony and next door they are building a new hotel so no view from the room.

What I really like about centara hotels is that they have a steam bath and a sauna. I love swimming and going to the sauna so that is almost enough to make me choose it. This hotel also had a good setup but the pool is not that great - oh well. It's located on the rooftop where they also had a gym with tread mills and free weights and the usual lame machines. They should get some kettle bells!

Unlike many other hotels they cleaned my room at 17-18 most days, which is fine by me since I like to go out until 05 most days. I also had a 'blood on the sheets' situation that worried me a little bit, but I left a tip and didn't hear anything about it.

The staff was cool and its guest friendly. They have a joiner book so beware if you bring a 'girlfriend' to the hotel since she will be able to see who has been to room before. I think that for a couple of days I was the only one who brought back someone since most of entries in the book belonged to me.

When I checked into the hotel I noticed some murals with scenes from the Old Testament - hm...it turned out its a kosher hotel with a Shabbat elevator and what not. Fine with me but some people may not like it.

I paid 1600 per day with hotels.com so that's about 1440 if you factor in the 'bonus nights' you get with them.

All in all I can recommend this hotel, however I like the one on second road near Soi 6 more since you get a bigger room and better pool. But soi Diana is a good location so...

They put the address down as soi long kee, I don't know if that is the official name of soi Diana? Any ways you could access it from soi buakow as well as soi Diana.

Pictures to follow

http://www.agoda.com/centra-avenue-hotel-pattaya/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=1412148

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good review, detailed without frivolities.  What is a Shabbat elevator?  Brand name?

I am not Jewish but lived in a predominately Jewish area for 18yrs so got to know a few Jewish habits. Orthodox Jews with not do anything that requires work on the Sabbath. So the Shabbat Elevator was created so it automatically stops at every floor therefore a Jewish person doesn't have to push any buttons which is deemed work. I know its like splitting hairs. Well it turns out that the Rabbis say if you're fit take the stairs anyway. Lol.

According to my physics professor walking up stairs involves lifting a significant amount of weight to a higher elevation which involves work, most likely more work than pushing an elevator button.   I am continuously astounded by the various religions with requirements such as this.

Cop these. Cant eat prawns or lobster. Can drink 40% whiskey, but not 40% Drambuie. The cant do any work one is funny, in the old days before bic lighters, matchs were what smokers used. Relative a chain smoker would noy touch a light switch, but could flip open a box and strike a match. Medical emergencies are an exception, as is calling donation collectors to pick up money to smite enemies of the state. The way to get a discount is to slander those car stealing Palestinians who are a bigger pest than falling rockets. Jewish Dillema:Free pork.

hi all

I recently stayed at this hotel so I'll do a quick review.

I stayed in a 'small' room that was 24 m2. The bed was queen size - a bit on small side, but very good. It had a nice bathroom as well with a window, so with a bit of planning you can perve on your girlfriend In the shower :-)

I paid 1600 per day with hotels.com so that's about 1440 if you factor in the 'bonus nights' you get with them.

Seems like a very high price for such a small room. All the more so since you probably could have gotten a bigger (and better ) room at Areca for the same price.

OP - Thanks for posting. I was going to book 24 7 hotel for my trip next week, but Expedia want nearly $500 for 7 nights  :Think1:...EDIT - just seen 24 7 on booking.com at a much more reasonable rate.

Centara Avenue want $293 for 7 nights, so I might give that a try.

Seems like a very high price for such a small room. All the more so since you probably could have gotten a bigger (and better ) room at Areca for the same price.

I haven't stayed at Areca since 2008 so I can't really compare.

However I think the Centara hotels always has a good quality regarding the bed, linen and all that. And they have a sauna/steam bath. Besides there is a Scandinavian feel to them that I like.

OP - Thanks for posting. I was going to book 24 7 hotel for my trip next week, but Expedia want nearly $500 for 7 nights  :Think1:...EDIT - just seen 24 7 on booking.com at a much more reasonable rate.

Centara Avenue want $293 for 7 nights, so I might give that a try.

I don't know which dates you're looking at, but hotels.com has some very attractive rates for the end of this month.

Thanks for the info.

Pic will help, thanks again.

:NiceThread1:

Thanks for the review, I look forward to the photos.

One small question to make on your review, although this hotel is part of the Centara hotels group is it is actually called "Centra Avenue hotel Pattaya"? The Centara group do have a hotel called "Centara Avenue hotel Pattaya" also which appears to be located in the same location according to their website.

All a little confusing.  :Think1:

I don't know which dates you're looking at, but Hotels.com has some very attractive rates for the end of this month.

Yes mate some good bargains around. i have narrowed down to: April Suites or 24 7 (both of which I have stayed in before....or possibly Centara Avenue. Low season prices rock.

Yes mate some good bargains around. i have narrowed down to: April Suites or 24 7 (both of which I have stayed in before....or possibly Centara Avenue. Low season prices rock.

Check out Ozo if you like the Centara location, best beds I've slept in whilst in Thailand. They have had some great specials on Agoda etc, about 1100 baht, their own website is slightly more expensive.

Check out Ozo if you like the Centara location, best beds I've slept in whilst in Thailand. They have had some great specials on Agoda etc, about 1100 baht, their own website is slightly more expensive.

Thanks mate....I know it has a pool, but does it have a decent gym? 

The Kosher thing makes it sound like it's Centra Avenue and not Centara Avenue?

Some pictures I had taken in March while going for a quick tour inside.

IMG_9670.JPG

IMG_9671.JPG

IMG_9672.JPG

IMG_9673.JPG

IMG_9674.JPG

IMG_9675.JPG

IMG_9676.JPG

IMG_9677.JPG

IMG_9678.JPG

IMG_9679.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9670.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9671.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9672.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9673.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9674.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9675.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9676.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9677.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9678.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9679.JPG

yes that is the hotel. Maybe I got the name slightly wrong...sorry.

here is the website of the hotel: http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centra/cah/index.asp

My pictures turned out a little bad or with 'people' in them so thx for posting them. The first room is similar to the one I stayed in.

Looking at the website again, it's probably a 'sub brand' of Centara hotels.

Centra on Agoda

Thanks mate....I know it has a pool, but does it have a decent gym? 

Sorry I cannot say if the gym area is good or not as it hadn't opened as yet when I stayed there, one morning they were bringing in new gym equipment though ready to set up. 

The pool on the roof is not overly big, the gym is on the second floor. 

The beds and pillows I found really comfortable. I will be staying there next month for less than 1100 baht per night, good value for the comfort it offers.

yes that is the hotel. Maybe I got the name slightly wrong...sorry.

here is the website of the hotel: http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centra/cah/index.asp

My pictures turned out a little bad or with 'people' in them so thx for posting them. The first room is similar to the one I stayed in.

Looking at the website again, it's probably a 'sub brand' of Centara Hotels.

There is a Centara Avenue also Cph, but their website shows it as the same location. 

Maybe the Centara Avenue and Centra Avenue are side by side? Any chance someone can do a walk by on Soi 15

There is a Centara Avenue also Cph, but their website shows it as the same location. 

Maybe the Centara Avenue and Centra Avenue are side by side? Any chance someone can do a walk by on Soi 15? 

hm perhaps it's the new hotel they are building in the soi/area where Pattaya Bay resort is?

hm perhaps it's the new hotel they are building in the soi/area where Pattaya Bay resort is?

I think the building across the road is private condos called Tulip or Golden Tulip, something like that. 

I am not sure however what the building is between Centra Avenue and Areca Lodge, both were built at the same time.

attachicon.gifIMG_9670.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9671.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9672.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9673.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9674.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9675.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9676.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9677.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9678.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9679.JPG

Thanks for the pics.

No amount of words are better than pics on Pattaya hotels IMO.

Looks nice.

Thanks for posting & stepping up.

:Wassup1:

Ok so to make this even more confusing to me I always thought that where the Centra Avenue Hotel is now located that it was meant to be private condos.

I had a look at Google maps today and my memory is correct, as Google maps hasn't updated its street view for a few years it does show what I was thinking. It shows a temporary show room/offices with the signage saying "Centara Avenue Residences and Suites". 

Now I'm really confused lol.

I am completely confused.

Ya ya, that's my normal state...

That looks like a really good value hotel compared to hotels I normally stay at....bayview/metropole, in house ...balitaya (not recently)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived