Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centara avenue - soi Diana

Cph

Sorry I cannot say if the gym area is good or not as it hadn't opened as yet when I stayed there, one morning they were bringing in new gym equipment though ready to set up.

The pool on the roof is not overly big, the gym is on the second floor.

The beds and pillows I found really comfortable. I will be staying there next month for less than 1100 baht per night, good value for the comfort it offers.

I'm looking at booking this place when there in the end of June so I'm happy to hear that the beds are comfy, most important factor for me, and the only thing that really worried me.

Cheaper hotels usually have way to hard beds and they are killing my back , after a few days I'm hurting like hell so I usually splurge for a bit better place than the guest houses and budget places when in Pattaya and Centara seems like a good deal. Always nice to try a new place , I'm there long enough to stay in other places anyway, but maybe don't have too , if this Suits the purpose.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at booking this place when there in the end of June so I'm happy to hear that the beds are comfy, most important factor for me, and the only thing that really worried me.

Cheaper hotels usually have way to hard beds and they are killing my back , after a few days I'm hurting like hell so I usually splurge for a bit better place than the guest houses and budget places when in Pattaya and Centara seems like a good deal. Always nice to try a new place , I'm there long enough to stay in other places anyway, but maybe don't have too , if this Suits the purpose.

The hotel I was referring to with the really comfortable beds and pillows is The Ozo hotel which is opposite The Centra hotel on Soi 15.

The hotel I was referring to with the really comfortable beds and pillows is The Ozo hotel which is opposite The Centra Hotel on Soi 15.

ok I got fooled by the thread ...and didn't read every post. Let's hope the centra has decent beds because i just booked it. ...if not, I just change.

ok I got fooled by the thread ...and didn't read every post. Let's hope the centra has decent beds because i just booked it. ...if not, I just change.

Hi Duffmaster

I'll probably stay there again end of June, so maybe I'll see you around. I think the bed is really nice so I don't think you'll regret staying there.

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

Hi Duffmaster

I'll probably stay there again end of June, so maybe I'll see you around. I think the bed is really nice so I don't think you'll regret staying there.

Good to hear. Have stayed at so many Pattaya hotels over the years...and have some favorites , but always good to try something new out of your comfort zone sometimes...maybe i find a new Favorite :-) thought the prices was very compatible and the rooms looks nice, good area , close to pretty much everything.

Good to hear. Have stayed at so many Pattaya hotels over the years...and have some favorites , but always good to try something new out of your comfort zone sometimes...maybe i find a new Favorite :-) thought the prices was very compatible and the rooms looks nice, good area , close to pretty much everything.

I just booked a 'corner room' for around 1200 b on hotels.com. I think it's good value, and as you pointed out it's close to everything. This time I'll hope to get some pictures :-)

I just booked a 'corner room' for around 1200 b on hotels.com. I think it's good value, and as you pointed out it's close to everything. This time I'll hope to get some pictures :-)

What month is that Cph?

What month is that Cph?

this month 21-28.

I should ask one of the mods to change the name of this thread since, as you pointed out, the name of the hotel is 'Centra Avenue hotel Pattaya'.

For those who are a little bit confused about where the hotel is, take a look a the hotels website. They have an accurate map, if you look at google it will be difficult to find.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centra/cah/map.asp

this month 21-28.

I should ask one of the mods to change the name of this thread since, as you pointed out, the name of the hotel is 'Centra Avenue Hotel Pattaya'.

For those who are a little bit confused about where the hotel is, take a look a the hotels website. They have an accurate map, if you look at google it will be difficult to find.

I'm in Patts next week, think I will book this hotel...let you know how I get on.

this month 21-28.

I should ask one of the mods to change the name of this thread since, as you pointed out, the name of the hotel is 'Centra Avenue Hotel Pattaya'.

Thanks Cph, great price you got.

As far as I can work out Centra Avenue is only entered by the laneway off Soi Diana.

Centara Avenue hotel and Private condos is next door or closer to Areca Lodge is entered off Soi 15. It appears that hotel is open but the private condos not finished as yet.

Thanks again for your info, pretty silly in my eyes to have two hotels called nearly the identical name, owned by the same company, built side by side, but TIT. :Think1:  

Thanks Cph, great price you got.

As far as I can work out Centra Avenue is only entered by the laneway off Soi Diana.

Centara Avenue Hotel and Private condos is next door or closer to Areca Lodge is entered off Soi 15. It appears that hotel is open but the private condos not finished as yet.

Thanks again for your info, pretty silly in my eyes to have two hotels called nearly the identical name, owned by the same company, built side by side, but TIT. :Think1:  

as you can see in the hotel map you can access it from soi Buakow as well, in a very narrow 'motobike only' soi.

as you can see in the hotel map you can access it from soi Buakow as well, in a very narrow 'motobike only' soi.

Ah yes you're correct of course, forgot about the lane way off BooCow.

• 2 weeks later...

You said there is a sauna and steam room, where are these located? I'm hoping they are also on the roof-top and next to the pool. Any pictures of them?

You said there is a sauna and steam room, where are these located? I'm hoping they are also on the roof-top and next to the pool. Any pictures of them?

Mate, the sauna and steam room are on the roof-top. I didn't go in. so no pics...try the Centra website, I'm sure they have one.

Yes mate some good bargains around. i have narrowed down to: April Suites or 24 7 (both of which I have stayed in before....or possibly Centara Avenue. Low season prices rock.

Wich one you like more ?

Wich one you like more ?

All three are very good. Modern, clean, a/c, rooftop pool, gym, good location. Personally, I would choose on price between them (don't forget 24 7 price is inclusive of breakfast).

With the Extreme Muslims & Isis now targeting Beach resorts around the world could this hotel now be a real & clear target ????

With the Extreme Muslims & Isis now targeting Beach resorts around the world could this hotel now be a real & clear target ????

Not being alarmist, but that thought had crossed my mind. As soon as you step into the lobby you notice the tastefully done, Hebrew inspired artwork. There is (I believe) also a small synagogue on one of the floors.

this thread reminds me of the abbot and costello routine, who's on first?

hahahahaha!

https://youtu.be/kTcRRaXV-fg

One of the great classics of comedy, though it would be almost impossible to explain to a non-English speaker.

Not being alarmist, but that thought had crossed my mind. As soon as you step into the lobby you notice the tastefully done, Hebrew inspired artwork. There is (I believe) also a small synagogue on one of the floors.

I have had the same thoughts - especially when hungover :-) however I don't think it would be the most obvious target for Muslim terrorists in Thailand?

Besides the Israelis are very serious about their safety and most of them have been in the army so maybe they and the hotel are clued on to a higher level of safety than most hotels.

Besides those of us who live in European cities are probably more at risk at home.

With regard to the artwork, did you notice the mural of Moses parting the seas in the second floor?

I'm staying here now and just took these pics of the sauna and steam room

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have had the same thoughts - especially when hungover :-) however I don't think it would be the most obvious target for Muslim terrorists in Thailand?

Besides the Israelis are very serious about their safety and most of them have been in the army so maybe they and the hotel are clued on to a higher level of safety than most hotels.

Besides those of us who live in European cities are probably more at risk at home.

With regard to the artwork, did you notice the mural of Moses parting the seas in the second floor?

I'm staying here now and just took these pics of the sauna and steam room

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi Mate - hope you are enjoying your stay at this terrific hotel. I was on the 7th floor and no artwork there. I will definitely not be put off...this is a top hotel in a great location, and ATM, its on at a great price. Have a great trip mate.

Ok, let me clear up the confusion here.

The hotel being discussed in this thread is the Centra Avenue hotel.

Centara Avenue is an unfinished development in the same area.

It is the complex right next to the Areca hotel, which has caused them so many problems in terms of noise and dust.

I went there in May with the Estate Agent to check out a studio apartment, as I recall it is made up of 200 or so Condos with a 100 room hotel at the front.

The entrance to the hotel is to the left as you come out the rear exit of the Areca. On the opposite side of the soi is the marketing suite, I guess that is what one member saw on Google Earth.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

Seriously?

I guess the aim of terrorists is to spread terror, and in this case they have suceeded.

You have thrown up your arms and waved the white flag without them ever firing a shot in Pattaya.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

Archived