IGNORED

Doner Kebab cart LK Metropole

This guy has the best doner kebab in the LK Metro area. He is located next to the 7-11 right at the entrance to the Metropole hotel.  He has a whole onion on top of the meat that helps flavor it. His toppings are fresh and the variety of sauces are very flavorful.

WP_20150409_23_19_16_Pro.jpg

His ok I agree. Me and my daughter use to eat there before we went to the cinema. I like also like the kebab next to Oasis agogo. She really fill the kebab full. A decent meal when in mostly places you need eat 2 to get full.

His ok I agree. Me and my daughter use to eat there before we went to the cinema. I like also like the kebab next to Oasis agogo. She really fill the kebab full. A decent meal when in mostly places you need eat 2 to get full.

Yes very nice at that place

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

My favoriite was always the lady opposite Aussie Bar soi 7.

This trip I was too lazy to take a taxi bike down there and back, so I tried this place out, but I said extra chicken (as before there was not much chicken and the sauces were crap). He has lifted his game.

For extra chicken he asked for 100 baht, I said yes and got about 3 times as much chicken and garlic sauce, which has improved, he told me he now makes his own garlic sauce.

I got a kebab, packed full of chicken and very tasty garlic sauce.

I agree best kebab is the lady in soi 7 across from aussie bar only 60b and packed full of chicken and good toppings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks delicious.

Sorry to sidetrack, but has anyone ever gotten a little under the weather from eating these? I absolutely love kebab and those types of meats/wraps, but am paranoid about getting sick.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Looks delicious.

Sorry to sidetrack, but has anyone ever gotten a little under the weather from eating these? I absolutely love kebab and those types of meats/wraps, but am paranoid about getting sick.

yes, last trip,, on the way home from the piss at 3 am. One of the places before subway, same side , buckow, Diana corner.

Couldn't have been the 12 beer and 8 odd GTs.55555

great eats,been there many times

Looks sensational, but like QMan, I'm also a bit worried about gettin' crook.

I'm a real soft-cock when it comes to food. Don't eat food from the street vendors,.....never...........I sometimes want to......but I don't.

Go for it. I've eaten street food hundreds of times and never got sick. In fact the only time i was sick eating in Pattaya was after going to an up market restaurant.

This guy has the best doner kebab in the LK metro area. He is located next to the 7-11 right at the entrance to the Metropole Hotel.  He has a whole onion on top of the meat that helps flavor it. His toppings are fresh and the variety of sauces are very flavorful.

I was walking past this guy's stall last night when I remembered this thread. I stopped and brought up the thread on my phone and showed him his picture.

He was well happy :)

yep lots of chicken from lady at oasis.

There is something about a kebab on full gut of beer,that is hard to turn down,imo.I tend to avoid the one in the night market on buakhao because it`s been there for hours with the traffic fumes and all,have eaten at the mobile one on soi 7 if it`s the same girl. There was also a good one on soi 8 next to the sunshine hotel,a few years ago,use to sell out pretty quick,and there was always a queue.

ive eaten from here many times....  very friendly and never had any issue...  for about $2.50 aud is great value...

heading back in July after a 11 month break..   staying at areca so a great stop off 

The one outside Nikom Court beats them all :GoldenSmile1:

Yes , I continue to eat them, they are great. But my own fault at 3 am after they have been outside in the heat for many many hours.

I'm anxious to try a few Kebab places when I return next month. Only tried once on Soi 8 and it was good stuff! As far as the safety of eating street food, it is generally safe, if not just as safe as eating in a restaurant. What usually is not safe are the sauces. If not refrigerated or on ice you are playing with fire! You never know how long sauces have been in the heat having bacteria multiply!

Bacteria%2.jpg

The sauces don't really hit their tastylicious stride until the bacteria count hits the high ten millions.

I agree best kebab is the lady in soi 7 across from aussie bar only 60b and packed full of chicken and good toppings

I had a good relationship with this lady, we swapped phone nuumbers and she would tell me when her boyfriend was in Thailand and she would not be there to save me doing a trip and she is not there.

Often I would call her and say "are you in soi 7?".

She makes her own garlic sauce and chilli sauce.

All credit to the man next to 7/11 for lifting his game.

I haven't had any bad kebab in Patts. Had many outside the Familymart opposite of Blue Rahtree complex, near Easy Corner Bar(Soi Buakhao S-bend market), Soi8 near the Sunshine hotel and on the BR. The BR lady was the funniest as for some reason she was afraid of the BiB. Once near the Soi6 we ordered the rolls and before we handed her the money, she fled with her bike cart and said will be back in few minutes. She came back and we gave her much deserved money. She said the BiB are not good for her business. Really tasty kebabs and also some skewers available on her cart.

I have also thought about the sauces and how safe they are. No problems so far and I will still continue to eat the kababs with all the toppings and sauces.

Nice kebabs by this fella, he & his wife run a good joint. The location is good too, 7-11, ATM & you get to see chicks in & around Metropole.

................................................................................................................

The kebab cart in the OP is my favorite. I walk by a few others just to go to that cart. It's next to 7-11 so I can grab a late evening/wee hour kebab and a Gatorade and keep on bar hopping. 

GF and I often buy from this guy just before we head home and she needs a 'snack' Always pleasant fella and his lady.

"There was also a good one on soi 8 next to the sunshine hotel,a few years ago,use to sell out pretty quick,and there was always a queue."

I am guessing this was the one run by the older lady? Yes, a great kebab and very popular. I think her daughter ran it for a while after she stopped, not sure what happened to her though.

Archived