Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Taco Stand Central Pattaya

I've been living in Patts since March of 2011.  During that time I've made an effort to try the tacos at any and every place in the Pattaya/Jomtien area that I happen across selling them.

Tequila Reef is good, Sam's are OK and even Rich Man Poor Man makes a decent taco - but Mike's are better.

Mike's have the best quality taco in my opinion.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only this American could move to Pattaya and open a Taco Stand! I would be as popular as the first pancake vendors. Ingredients are hard to come by, though.

• 5 months later...

I've tried this taco stand and every other place in town. All of them are sorry attempts at something so simple.

I have resorted to making my own and I must say they are acceptable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

attachicon.gif tacos.jpg

So I went. They were open; she said she went tieow yesterday and that's why they weren't open. I got her number in case I want to go back so I don't go all the way there to find out she's not open.

The good news: they make everything fresh, the price is reasonable for what you get, there are some good tastes there. They fresh cooked the chicken and steak, the ground beef was precooked as I believe it should be). It was topped with salsa fresca. Tabasco was provided when I was there.

The bad news: they are using an electric tortilla press to make the corn tortillas. This is a no-no (I had to google it to find out why). It essentially precooks the corn tortillas, but then they need to be finished on a proper griddle. Apparently the lady doesn't know this.

(Reference: http://www.ispasa.com.mx/Hacer.htm )

You notice that there's some white stuff on there: I think it's mayo, not sour cream. Yuch. She said someone asked for something sour. Bad choice.

The place is promising but she needs to do some more homework.

I'll go back and try the burritos and see if she took my hint about the tortillas.

Edit: I'm not hopeful.

Edit 2: It's like making gourmet sandwiches and using wonder bread.

LOL,those are NOT tacos! They may be the American/Taco Bell version,but those aren't tacos. Tacos are round and flat.  I've visited Mexico countless times and lived there for 3 years,so I have a clue. But I like most Mexican food and will give it a try for sure. Is the salsa edible,or what passes for salsa?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

I've tried this taco stand and every other place in town. All of them are sorry attempts at something so simple.

I have resorted to making my own and I must say they are acceptable.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looks good and you got everything right except the texture! What's that reddish-brown Liquid? Salsa is really easy to make and considering you've done well so far,make your own. Kudos.

-Frank Zappa

Thanks for pics. Will stop by in Feb. Maybe I can bring a small bottle of Picante sauce-better than nothing.

-Frank Zappa

Probably sour cream than mayo. Sam's Mexican uses it too. I don't really care for that style either. Agree Mikes is still the best bet in town for Mexican

There is something similar to it in Mexico on some items-it's like a thick white cream. But I seriously doubt they know that.

-Frank Zappa

I go to a little bodega that has 4 tables and real Mexican food with a very limited menu and great tamales. I will take a pic of real tacos with rice and beans next visit to share here.

-Frank Zappa

I like Sams in Jomtien Complex, best I have found here

could open in LA and do okay, course I had better in LA but this is great for thaialnd

Mexican Carnitas.JPG

Mexican Tacos.JPG

I like Sams in Jomtien Complex, best I have found here

could open in LA and do okay, course I had better in LA but this is great for thaialnd

attachicon.gifMexican Carnitas.JPG

attachicon.gifMexican Tacos.JPG

Those in bottom pic look like tacos al carbon or barbacoa. I WILL stop there in Feb.

-Frank Zappa

Those in bottom pic look like tacos al carbon or barbacoa. I WILL stop there in Feb.

they have them hard or soft

I think its about 200 baht for 4 and you can mix and match...fish-beef-chorizo-chicken and it includes chips and salsa, chips great, salsa good

mexican taco-enchalada.JPG

and one of the best things is free refills on iced tea, something you never see here but everywhere in LA

I'm pretty sure it was mayo. I may try again to see.

A brave addict for sure lol!

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailand Stories, Blogs, News and More:  The Neverland Post

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say that looks nothing like the Mexican tacos I used to eat in the states, Mayo on a taco?!?  I'll stick to Mike's Mexican restaurant on Thepraya Road when I get the Mexican munchies.

is mikes in jomtien?  near what?

thanks sorry im lost every time i go to pattaya

been living in asia for 3 years, crossed the 250 girl mark a few weeks ago www.nomadphilippines.com

How I've MADE MONEY ONLINE for the last 10 years: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook/

26 page noobs guide to Angeles City Ebook: http://nomadphilippines.com/angeles-ebook/

is mikes in jomtien?  near what?

thanks sorry im lost every time i go to pattaya

Mike's is on Thappraya Rd Soi 5 on the way to Jomtien

http://mikespattaya.web.fc2.com/

Authentic Mexican - Thai food ...mayo on a taco ....oh my I've heard it all now....  

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Authentic Mexican - Thai food ...mayo on a taco ....oh my I've heard it all now....  

not sure what picture you are referring to, but just reading this, my guess would be sour cream, which is not uncommon

The fact was she didn't know how to cook a corn tortilla. That was the main problem. Someone should go back and give her a second chance--I already took one for the team. She's got burgers and other stuff now too, so I'm guessing her tacos haven't taken off.

On a side note, a board member recently brought me some masa for making corn tortillas, so the best tacos in town are in my house. :D

Someone help me out. where is Sam's?  Theppraya? Jomtien?

If only this American could move to Pattaya and open a Taco Stand! I would be as popular as the first pancake vendors. Ingredients are hard to come by, though.

Ingredients are NOT hard to come by at all.  I've got room on my porch and used to do them on the weekends.  Ingredients here are EASY!  Prices are CHEAP!  and we could damn sure use some more American business owners.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailand Stories, Blogs, News and More:  The Neverland Post

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

Someone help me out. where is Sam's?  Theppraya? Jomtien?

sams is incredible Mexican food............for being in Thailand........ Never liked Mikes, like the tourist version of Thai food, just bland

just inside the Pattaya side entrance, well worth the trip

I didn't like the food at Tequila Reef after eating their multiple times and am surprised about it's longevity.

It's been there for years.

And, unfortunately, 'The Green Parrot' (near Penthouse Hotel) has closed but it had very good Mexican food.

I didn't like the food at Tequila Reef after eating their multiple times and am surprised about it's longevity.

It's been there for years.

And, unfortunately, 'The Green Parrot' (near Penthouse Hotel) has closed but it had very good Mexican food.

their staff and Mexican Menu have moved to Sues Place next door

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived