Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Taco Stand Central Pattaya

I noticed a new taco stand on Soi 10 on the northwest corner of 2nd Road and Soi 10. I believe it was called "Happy Taco" but could quite possibly be wrong on the name. It was not open as I was running by on my morning run, but it was very early. I have no further details yet.

Any volunteers to suss it out?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry no,but any Intel would be great.

I love a good taco.

there's a Happy Taco thread on TV...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/823136-new-taco-stand-in-central-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed:%20thaivisa24%20(today#39;s best thaivisa topics)

here's a summary of the TV thread:

"Seems they just opened up a week or so ago and I am going to have say they make the best Taco's I have had in Thailand. They are thai run but the owner tells me she leaned how to make them from a Mexican family when she lived in Los Angeles. They are more of a Northern Mexican style of Taco than an American as they are small but this is the size one gets there. She also is making her own soft shell corn tortillas. For 99 baht you get 3 beef, chicken or pork. They also have quesadillas, burritos and enchiladas. The Taco's on their signs do not look like what they serve which look like a taco bell taco.  I'm not going to say they are comparable to what one might have in Califorina or Texas but for Pattaya this is a new good choice to have available. They are locted on Second 2rd a few meters inside Soi 10. This is opposite where Soi Honey inn meets 2nd Rd."

If they are any good she should have a pretty good business going as its hard to find a really good taco in Pattaya. Sue's and Tequila Reef are ok but a quick grab and go Taco Stand should do well if decent and not a bad location. I will check it out next month but sure there will be reviews soon on this place.

there's a Happy Taco thread on TV...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/823136-new-taco-stand-in-central-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed:%20thaivisa24%20(today#39;s best thaivisa topics)

here's a summary of the TV thread:

"Seems they just opened up a week or so ago and I am going to have say they make the best Taco's I have had in Thailand. They are thai run but the owner tells me she leaned how to make them from a Mexican family when she lived in Los Angeles. They are more of a Northern Mexican style of Taco than an American as they are small but this is the size one gets there. She also is making her own soft shell corn tortillas. For 99 baht you get 3 beef, chicken or pork. They also have quesadillas, burritos and enchiladas. The Taco's on their signs do not look like what they serve which look like a taco bell taco.  I'm not going to say they are comparable to what one might have in Califorina or Texas but for Pattaya this is a new good choice to have available. They are locted on Second 2rd a few meters inside Soi 10. This is opposite where Soi Honey inn meets 2nd Rd."

Sounds like a simple street taco - corn tortilla, meat, onion, cilantro, and hot sauce. One of my favorite meals with some cold beers

I went there today at 17:15 as I heard they open at 5 pm; they were closed.

Agh

I hope they are good. I really miss street tacos in Tijuana, even the Mexican roach coaches in LA, they were some of the best Mexican food i have had

Have any info about price?

It's a taco stand, whatever the price it's not gonna break the bank.

I went there today at 17:15 as I heard they open at 5 pm; they were closed.

Agh

Worst thing a business can do is not abide by its stated operating hours

I hope they are good. I really miss street tacos in Tijuana, even the Mexican roach coaches in LA, they were some of the best Mexican food i have had

The Tacos in the little place next to the Chicago Club in Tijuana were great miss those

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Eh I can think of worse things,

Pissing in your soup for one 555

To 

Well, to be fair, I got the opening hours from the thread on thaivisa, not from the operators themselves.

I'll go back today around 17:00 to look again--want to meet me there? :D

Can't but please report back

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

tacos.jpg

So I went. They were open; she said she went tieow yesterday and that's why they weren't open. I got her number in case I want to go back so I don't go all the way there to find out she's not open.

The good news: they make everything fresh, the price is reasonable for what you get, there are some good tastes there. They fresh cooked the chicken and steak, the ground beef was precooked as I believe it should be). It was topped with salsa fresca. Tabasco was provided when I was there.

The bad news: they are using an electric tortilla press to make the corn tortillas. This is a no-no (I had to google it to find out why). It essentially precooks the corn tortillas, but then they need to be finished on a proper griddle. Apparently the lady doesn't know this.

(Reference: http://www.ispasa.com.mx/Hacer.htm )

You notice that there's some white stuff on there: I think it's mayo, not sour cream. Yuch. She said someone asked for something sour. Bad choice.

The place is promising but she needs to do some more homework.

I'll go back and try the burritos and see if she took my hint about the tortillas.

Edit: I'm not hopeful.

Edit 2: It's like making gourmet sandwiches and using wonder bread.

Thanks for the picture of the food. I will give it a try in July. Could we get a picture of the taco stand too?

attachicon.giftacos.jpg

So I went. They were open; she said she went tieow yesterday and that's why they weren't open. I got her number in case I want to go back so I don't go all the way there to find out she's not open.

The good news: they make everything fresh, the price is reasonable for what you get, there are some good tastes there. They fresh cooked the chicken and steak, the ground beef was precooked as I believe it should be). It was topped with salsa fresca. Tabasco was provided when I was there.

The bad news: they are using an electric tortilla press to make the corn tortillas. This is a no-no (I had to google it to find out why). It essentially precooks the corn tortillas, but then they need to be finished on a proper griddle. Apparently the lady doesn't know this.

(Reference: http://www.ispasa.com.mx/Hacer.htm )

You notice that there's some white stuff on there: I think it's mayo, not sour cream. Yuch. She said someone asked for something sour. Bad choice.

The place is promising but she needs to do some more homework.

I'll go back and try the burritos and see if she took my hint about the tortillas.

Edit: I'm not hopeful.

Edit 2: It's like making gourmet sandwiches and using wonder bread.

No,no,no.Thats not good.

Sorry you took one for the team there buddy.

Sorry to say that looks nothing like the Mexican tacos I used to eat in the states, Mayo on a taco?!?  I'll stick to Mike's Mexican restaurant on Thepraya Road when I get the Mexican munchies.

I want to try their hard-shell tacos and their burritos. Maybe they'll be better.

Sorry to say that looks nothing like the Mexican tacos I used to eat in the states, Mayo on a taco?!?  I'll stick to Mike's Mexican restaurant on Thepraya Road when I get the Mexican munchies.

I agree MAYO no way and if those are just uncooked shells yuck. Replace that with either sour cream or guacamole then maybe. Myself I do not like a bunch of lettuce but some cheese would be good.

Looks like authentic mid-western tacos.  I think I will pass.

I agree MAYO no way and if those are just uncooked shells yuck. Replace that with either sour cream or guacamole then maybe. Myself I do not like a bunch of lettuce but some cheese would be good.

Probably sour cream than mayo. Sam's Mexican uses it too. I don't really care for that style either. Agree Mikes is still the best bet in town for Mexican

• 1 month later...

Just arrived a few days ago.  I'll have to check this place out.  I'll ask about the cheese situation.

Its not Mexican unless you have some cheezzzzzz

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

If i ate a 'blob' of mayo i would not be doing cartwheels about it.

Archived