Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Medicine/Vitamins?

Timtong

try magnesium a couple of tablets a day for cramps, Dont bother with sports drinks they are weak, go into a pharmacey and buy yourself some satchels of electrolyte aronud 10b each mix 1 satchel in a small bottle of water and drink it before you start to drink any alcohol repeat half way through your drinking session and then another just before you go to bed does wonders as a hangover cure as well.

try magnesium a couple of tablets a day for cramps, Dont bother with sports drinks they are weak, go into a pharmacey and buy yourself some satchels of electrolyte aronud 10b each mix 1 satchel in a small bottle of water and drink it before you start to drink any alcohol repeat half way through your drinking session and then another just before you go to bed does wonders as a hangover cure as well.

Ty, never tought of taking them before sleep will do next time there.

• 2 weeks later...

Drinking water and rehydration powders before going to sleep will help with the cramp, especially if you have drunk a lot of alcohol in the evening.  Alcohol dehydrates the body and you really need to rehydrate as much as you can.  Does also help a lot with hangover.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Drinking water and rehydration powders before going to sleep will help with the cramp, especially if you have drunk a lot of alcohol in the evening.  Alcohol dehydrates the body and you really need to rehydrate as much as you can.  Does also help a lot with hangover.

I been trying to drink every night water and strong-k and so far avoided any bad cramps.

You can try taking magnesium, apparently alcohol both flushes magnesium out of the body with the increased urine from drinking alcohol and it inhibits magnesium uptake in the intestines.  Stress also seems to deplete the body's stores of magnesium.  I haven't used magnesium supplements in Thailand, but since coming home three months ago and starting jogging again, I have been taking a magnesium supplement called ZMA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement) that contain magnesium, zink and vitamin B6.  I used to get muscle cramps all the time, but since I started taking ZMA I haven't had any.  I take the tablets half an hour before going to bed and have found that I sleep better after I started taking them.  

The little blue pill might be Phenergan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethazine When flying to Thailand, I always take one Phenergan and have a beer with my meal and coffee with a double brandy afterwards and sleep like a baby for most of the flight.  It also stops motion sickness, something I am prone to, so this works especially well for me.

You can try taking magnesium, apparently alcohol both flushes magnesium out of the body with the increased urine from drinking alcohol and it inhibits magnesium uptake in the intestines.  Stress also seems to deplete the body's stores of magnesium.  I haven't used magnesium supplements in Thailand, but since coming home three months ago and starting jogging again, I have been taking a magnesium supplement called ZMA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement) that contain magnesium, zink and vitamin B6.  I used to get muscle cramps all the time, but since I started taking ZMA I haven't had any.  I take the tablets half an hour before going to bed and have found that I sleep better after I started taking them.  

The little blue pill might be Phenergan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethazine When flying to Thailand, I always take one Phenergan and have a beer with my meal and coffee with a double brandy afterwards and sleep like a baby for most of the flight.  It also stops motion sickness, something I am prone to, so this works especially well for me.

Tryied to find at one point magnesium in pattaya pharmacies but they didnt have or understand what i wanted. Totally forget to buy them from home. Maybe tomorrow i try take another look.

To sleep...take Melatonin..it is not a drug or medicine..just the natural hormone that we produce when it gets dark

All the above are probably ok. Myself I figured out that I was losing too much potassium.

A simple top up was to buy salt substitute which is mostly potassium. Try it if available. It's only a couple of dollars.

Tryied to find at one point magnesium in pattaya pharmacies but they didnt have or understand what i wanted. Totally forget to buy them from home. Maybe tomorrow i try take another look.

GNC in Tops may have it

• 1 month later...

For cramps try a source of potassium (bannas etc).

3.how mutch is cost to go doctor and get prescription? and what hospital? or doctors place ? :D

Just go Pattaya Memorial around 800 Baht all up for Sleepers or Diazapam......Yes you "might" and might being the operative word find a Pharmacy that will give you some but thats just the time you get stopped on your motorbike by Somchai and a nice little stretch awaits in Soi 9 at least

• 6 months later...

+1 for coconut water that is probably number 1 on the list to get you hydrated with natural minerals

+1 for Berocca - my dietitian told me its great for a long nights of drinking ( hung over )

Youtube on the stretches theres heaps of physios out there that tell you how to really stretch them muscle cramps on them videos.

Get a blood test done if you can check your levels the doctor can tell you what your low on  or what you need to be eating more of, look after that temple you only have one haha . An enjoy the parties!

Archived