IGNORED

Thai dishes you recommend?

Burglefloogah

Any suggestions what Thai food to order? (How it's called in Thai would also help)

My knowledge sums up to Tom Yam Kong and Tom Yam Plah and very often i found myself totally lost in the menu :Bravo1:

Will appreciate some input from experienced diners.

One of my favourites is Tom Khaa Kai pronounced like "Tom car guy". A thick spicy soup with coconut milk that you spoon over rice.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

"haw mock" . imagine a heavy curry pudding.. with lots of cabbage on the bottom.. it normally comes in a banana leaves...

if you like seafood version which i recommmend say ( haw mock ta lay )... it fooking good really good..( in patt i say try the market next to soi buakaow ) o, dont get the lao version... its sucks balls..

if you down for something easier to find. try ( kaw mon kai ) = ( chicken oil rice ).. its rice that they cooked in chicken broth.

they serve it with boil chicken and the side of soup. and a type of salty/ spicy sauce . side of cucumber.. also VERY good.

( next to angelwitch in Soi 15 )

i could go on all day!...5555555

another one of my fav is...

" hoi tod " = fried muscles .....( in carefour / cafu )... muscles semi deep friend with eggs. serves on a fresh bean sprouts.. comes with red spicy sauce..

i bet you aint goona find these just anywhere.. so i listed the location of where i know they have some..

or if you really want a very simple of very good meal. try ( kai penk gup kaw neaw )( grill chicken with sticky rice.) you can not beat this meal. in taste or in price. dont forget the sweet/ hot sauce they will give to you... it make the food 10 time better.. believe me in this.. o. you can find this ANYWHERE../ every where... IT FOOKING GOOD.!!..lol...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

thai green curry or red curry if u like it spicy

and a thai BBQ

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

Kapao moo - I eat this almost every day with two fried eggs - It's minced pork fried with chilli and basil on rice... good stuff

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Kapao moo - I eat this almost every day with two fried eggs - It's minced pork fried with chilli and basil on rice... good stuff

Yeah, that's my favourite for breakfast when I'm in LOS.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

easy and good one is "Pad Pak Rum Mit" stir fired mixed vegetables then add your favorite meat

Gai - chicken

moo - pig

neur - beef

goong - shrimp

Healthy and common dish

I can never go past 'Chicken with Cashew Nuts' when I see it on a menu. It's a stir fry type of dish.

Lots of Thai and Chinese restaurants here in Australia sell their versions of it, but when I order it in Thailand it tastes much better.. it has more of a BBQ taste and the cashew nuts are crunchy.. very tasty.

As someone mentioned Green Chicken Curry is also very tasty - (both of these are probably farang adaptations and not traditional Thai food though)

There's a cheap restaurant across from the Subway restaurant where Beach Road meets Walking Street (in Pattaya) - I was eating there every night last trip. Most dishes were only 100 baht.

Enjoy,

I can never go past 'Chicken with Cashew Nuts' when I see it on a menu. It's a stir fry type of dish.

Lots of Thai and Chinese restaurants here in Australia sell their versions of it, but when I order it in Thailand it tastes much better.. it has more of a BBQ taste and the cashew nuts are crunchy.. very tasty.

As someone mentioned Green Chicken Curry is also very tasty - (both of these are probably farang adaptations and not traditional Thai food though)

There's a cheap restaurant across from the Subway restaurant where Beach Road meets Walking Street (in Pattaya) - I was eating there every night last trip. Most dishes were only 100 baht.

Enjoy,

Nudes I should know the name but cant recollect, it has pictures of the owners in Paris and other Euro cities they do wicked duck noodle soup.

Nudes I should know the name but cant recollect, it has pictures of the owners in Paris and other Euro cities they do wicked duck noodle soup.

Even if you could recall the name I'm not sure I would know it.. most of the time I ate there I was drunk after downing Heinekken for half the night. The frontage is blue and white I think. I have some pictures of the place.. I'll look for them.

Cheers,

My favorite dish is Pad tai. Fright noodles with chicken. medium spicy. I like to mutt.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

There are also these deep fried fish/other stuff "cakes" that I always buy from the market on south pattaya road, they come with a sweet/sour/spicy sauce, they are damn good..

And you can't go wrong with picking up a whole chicken from one of the bbq places on the side of the street...there are many on the road towards jomtien.. they come with a spicy and sweet/spicy sauce, get some sticky rice too makes a great lunch

Edited by adiggity

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Question: I was in Udon Thani last year and the hotel I stayed at (Chareon - I think) had I sign posted by the elevator that said a certain type of Issan food was not allowed in the room. The stuff stinks, but I can't remember what it's called! Anybody??

Pak-a-Pow minced beef very spicey or try it with squid instead

serve with rice and a couple of fried eggs Aloy mak mak

could eat some now

Luv a Thai Girl

Fish in thia girls fanny batter and chips.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina