IGNORED

gf panicking about her visa, help please!

Brassmaster

It was a 6 month holiday visa. What you are saying may well be the case but all I'm saying is that the visa was not granted (even though she had been in the UK before) and the only reason for it not being granted was that the man's bank statements in the supporting documents weren't right up to date.

And if what you're saying is correct then why would anyone have to submit any financial documents in support of the girls application in the first place, and why would we have to write in the covering letter that we 'will be covering all of xxxx's expenses during her stay in the UK'?

A well known visa agent once told me that it is extremely difficult for a Thai national to get a uk visa without a sponsor, unless they're from a wealthy middle class family.

You (She) can apply online.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

A well known visa agent told me in December that it was becoming very hard. He had never seen so many applications rejected.

OK..OK it's on page 2 of the visitors visa supporting documents  PDF guide. This explains why Her visa application failed as He was providing for Her. Sorry.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343241/2014_08_Visitor_Documents.pdf

'If someone else is paying for your trip then they should consider providing the same information about their finances and employment'

We (me and my Wife) have been through all these visa applications but we took the 'Fiancee' route and I had to prove I could provide for Her. Thank goodness She got a British passport 6 years ago. I wouldn't fancy going through that again.

Here is the criteria for a 'Family' member.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.

You must be one of the following:

• married or civil partners
  • living together in a relationship for 2 years
  • engaged to be married or to become civil partners

You must prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down.

You must also meet the financial requirement of:

• £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself
  • £22,400 per year for you and one child
  • £2,400 per year for each additional child

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You (She) can apply online.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

A well known visa agent told me in December that it was becoming very hard. He had never seen so many applications rejected.

OK..OK it's on page 2 of the visitors visa supporting documents  PDF guide. This explains why Her visa application failed as He was providing for Her. Sorry.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343241/2014_08_Visitor_Documents.pdf

'If someone else is paying for your trip then they should consider providing the same information about their finances and employment'

We (me and my Wife) have been through all these visa applications but we took the 'Fiancee' route and I had to prove I could provide for Her. Thank goodness She got a British passport 6 years ago. I wouldn't fancy going through that again.

Here is the criteria for a 'Family' member.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.

You must be one of the following:

• married or civil partners
  • living together in a relationship for 2 years
  • engaged to be married or to become civil partners

You must prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down.

You must also meet the financial requirement of:

• £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself
  • £22,400 per year for you and one child
  • £2,400 per year for each additional child

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A visa agent would tell you that wouldn't he!  About 80% of Visitor Visa applications are successful and there is no need for the applicant to have money as long as the sponsor can show they can support the applicant for the visit.  There is no financial requirement for a Visitor Visa other than proof that finances exist to support the trip (another reason why applying for a long stay is more problematic).  Most Visitor Visa applications fail due an inadequate 'reason to return'.

• 4 weeks later...

A visa agent would tell you that wouldn't he! About 80% of Visitor Visa applications are successful and there is no need for the applicant to have money as long as the sponsor can show they can support the applicant for the visit. There is no financial requirement for a Visitor Visa other than proof that finances exist to support the trip (another reason why applying for a long stay is more problematic). Most Visitor Visa applications fail due an inadequate 'reason to return'.

Yep this is where sponsors have the edge.

6 months of westrn union recipts is more than enough to prove you are supporting her without a job

Ive actually just started the visa process. Decided to use an agent. Yes its expensive but most visas are refused on simple paper work bieng missing.

Ill use the agent, then if we fail we know its not down anything on our part being missing.

I really dont want the hassle of mulitpul applications. If we dont get it first time using agent then we wont be trying again

All UKVI are interested in is whether there are funds available to finance her trip and whether she will return to Thailand. If she doesn't have a job, it can be difficult to convince the ECO that she won't overstay.

Archived