Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

gf panicking about her visa, help please!

Brassmaster

hello,

me and my gf are in the process of doing her visa application for a 6 month stay in the uk, we are not going through a agent. We have basically everything pretty perfect i think, all the required documents are basically flawless but our problem is this... she works in real estate and her salary is different every month, varying from 100k+ baht in one month to maybe 15/20k baht other months, and she took all february and march off work to go traveling with me, so very little money went in until 20k 2 weeks ago and today she paid in her cash that she saved and the money iv sent her for her airfare (144k baht). so she has plenty of money in her account its just very inconsistent...we have letters from her employer saying she works there and that there is a job there for her on her return to thailand, i have shown my accounts which show im more than capable of taking care of her, and as we will be living in my mothers house even my mothers letter says she will financially support her if needed....

some of her friends that have been to the uk are saying that she needs a set amount going into her account every month.. can anyone help or know if this is a major problem, her appointment at the embassy is next monday... thanks in advance

brassmaster

I am not sure about the UK but for Schengen area you can also guarantee for her.

well i have guaranteed that i will and can support her, but she has her own money also which i thought would be a bonus but if its going cause problems im not sure what the best thing to do is... 

She needs evidence of regular income over (at least) the last 6 months.  She'll have her tax return for the last financial year - that should help if her income is erratic.  She should also have some evidence of the source(s) of the income going into her account - payslips etc.  She might have to explain what job allows her to take 2 months off ... it may be hard work claiming to be employed but not receiving any wages, paying any tax/social, etc.  Likewise ... the claim she has a job to go back to might take some explaining if she hasn't actually been working for the last few months.  Best of luck.

She needs evidence of regular income over (at least) the last 6 months.  She'll have her tax return for the last financial year - that should help if her income is erratic.  She should also have some evidence of the source(s) of the income going into her account - payslips etc.  She might have to explain what job allows her to take 2 months off ... it may be hard work claiming to be employed but not receiving any wages, paying any tax/social, etc.  Likewise ... the claim she has a job to go back to might take some explaining if she hasn't actually been working for the last few months.  Best of luck.

she has evidence of a regular income, she has no tax return for the last 8 months... no pay slips as her boss just paid her cash.. she has a letter from her boss saying there is a job for her on her return, effectively she has quit her job and will get re-employed in november.... really thought we had a great application with a good chance of the visa being approved... not so sure now gonna be fucked if it gets declined

best she does the visa in her own name...she has cash in the bank a job so she has a reason to return to thailand.even better if she has land title.

I think they might take some convincing of the credibility of "her boss" who doesn't register her for tax and doesn't provide her with any payslips. What you seem to be saying is she doesn't have any evidence to show the source of the money going into her bank.  What evidence does she have that she was actually employed?

I think they might take some convincing of the credibility of "her boss" who doesn't register her for tax and doesn't provide her with any payslips. What you seem to be saying is she doesn't have any evidence to show the source of the money going into her bank.  What evidence does she have that she was actually employed?

basically she just has her letter asking for time off and a letter granting her time off, on headed paper and stamped by her company

basically she just has her letter asking for time off and a letter granting her time off, on headed paper and stamped by her company

The same company that hasn't been paying her tax or providing her with wageslips?

The same company that hasn't been paying her tax or providing her with wageslips?

yep :/

that doesn't sound too good.

what about if the boss has yearly accounts that you could show, with some kind of deduction for her services? assuming that its being deducted from the profits and not just dodgy cash in hand.

Maybe it would have been better for her to register as self employed?  

that doesn't sound too good.

what about if the boss has yearly accounts that you could show, with some kind of deduction for her services? assuming that its being deducted from the profits and not just dodgy cash in hand.

Maybe it would have been better for her to register as self employed?  

yeah, effectively she is self employed in regards to taking care of her tax, and not having wage slips isnt ideal. ill ask her to ask her boss about her yearly accounts but i guess its all bent like the rest of thailand. I honestly thought being employed, and having her own money would be a good thing, but looking at it now its prob better if i was just sending her money every month like a full time sponser

yeah, effectively she is self employed in regards to taking care of her tax, and not having wage slips isnt ideal. ill ask her to ask her boss about her yearly accounts but i guess its all bent like the rest of thailand. I honestly thought being employed, and having her own money would be a good thing, but looking at it now its prob better if i was just sending her money every month like a full time sponser

I don't know thai tax laws but I imagine she only be employed or self employed. Claiming self employed may be easier to backtrack with the visa discussion, rather than saying her employer just didn't give her wage slips. Next question would be ....why didn't she ask for them? 

good luck. 

What employer lets a member of staff take 6 months off and guarantees to keep their job open?  She'd be well advised to apply for a 3-4 week visa, in other words, a realistic holiday.

I agree with the obove , my girlfriend has been to the UK twice and hopefully again in August , she doesn't work and relies on income from me that I prove with bank statements

She will still get a 6 month stamp in her passport

I agree with the obove , my girlfriend has been to the UK twice and hopefully again in August , she doesn't work and relies on income from me that I prove with bank statements

She will still get a 6 month stamp in her passport

Me too.  My GF back in 2007 got a Visitor Visa and the only work she'd ever done was dancing in Baccara!  She only applied for a 3 week holiday, totally financed by me, and her reason to return was that we were living together in Bangkok.  Genuine tourists should always be successful, but a 6 month holiday is stretching it,

Have no knowledge of UK visa legislation but pretty sure embassy officials has come across a couple of made up "employment letters" and "assurance of work letter" written on letter heads and will must likely contact company who issued the guarantee to ensure validity. Standard practice if information supporting visa application is incorrect is application  denied and person  likely banned from applying for a period of time.
If any doubt about creditbility  I would personally eliminate the doubt , issue a LOG and follow that route to secure visa.

I brought a bar girl to the UK on a 6 month holiday visa last year, and there was seldom more than 5,000 baht a month going through her account. (We said she worked in her family shop). We also did it without an agent and the visa was issued on our first attempt. I'd say that if you're certain the rest of the application is watertight then this shouldn't be a stumbling block.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

she has evidence of a regular income, she has no tax return for the last 8 months... no pay slips as her boss just paid her cash.. she has a letter from her boss saying there is a job for her on her return, effectively she has quit her job and will get re-employed in november.... really thought we had a great application with a good chance of the visa being approved... not so sure now gonna be fucked if it gets declined

The letter stating She has a job to come back to will get the visa application approved I reckon. If everything else is in order.

PS make sure you submit your most recent bank statements. I know a guy his gf's visa was denied because his latest statement was from 4 months ago (when he left uk to go to meet her in Thailand).

PS make sure you submit your most recent bank statements. I know a guy his gf's visa was denied because his latest statement was from 4 months ago (when he left uk to go to meet her in Thailand).

If it's a general visitors visa She has to prove She can support Herself, not Him I believe.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/eligibility

The letter stating She has a job to come back to will get the visa application approved I reckon. If everything else is in order.

Agreed. 

If it's a general visitors visa She has to prove She can support Herself, not Him I believe.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/eligibility

It was a 6 month holiday visa. What you are saying may well be the case but all I'm saying is that the visa was not granted (even though she had been in the UK before) and the only reason for it not being granted was that the man's bank statements in the supporting documents weren't right up to date.

And if what you're saying is correct then why would anyone have to submit any financial documents in support of the girls application in the first place, and why would we have to write in the covering letter that we 'will be covering all of xxxx's expenses during her stay in the UK'?

A well known visa agent once told me that it is extremely difficult for a Thai national to get a uk visa without a sponsor, unless they're from a wealthy middle class family.

thanks for all the help guys... i have a little list of things i need to touch up on! and a big thanks to sizzler

Archived