IGNORED

e-cigs/vaping available?

SteveUK

HI just a quick question

I noticed that electronic cigarettes etc are banned in thailand, since ive just booked a trip to pattaya and dont really want to end up back on the real cigarettes just wondering  if like a lot of banned things if they are at still available to buy in pattaya?.

Would just bring mine from home but really dont want any nice airport official extorting money out of me after I would no doubt get caught with it at custom's :)

The change of getting caught with it is very small . 

Pretty sure it's available from under the counter . 

I'm vaporizing for almost 2 years now. Have been to Thailand 6 times in between. Never had any problem at customs.

• 3 weeks later...

Bring your own supplies. You will have no problem with airport security and you can vape in public 24/7 to your hearts content.

Thanks for the answers. Think I will just bring my own since it doesn't seem to be enforced.

Best to bring your own and your own E-liquid can buy in tuk kom but limited availability. Harder to get the higher mg E-liquid mostly 8mg

• 4 months later...

I saw was talking somebody in a bar he was puffing away on one. But told me they are banned but didn't know why, dose anyone on here know, seems like madness to me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AFAIK possession and using e-cigs is not banned what is banned is the sale of them. In other words you can bring and use you own from home but you can't (legally) buy one or sell one to someone else. 

AFAIK possession and using e-cigs is not banned what is banned is the sale of them. In other words you can bring and use you own from home but you can't (legally) buy one or sell one to someone else. 

That is also my understanding.

• 2 months later...

Vaping or using e-cigs in public is against the law now. You can't even use them in your own car.

Only at home or in your hotel room. 

I don't think there could be a better name for these than what this says....

doucehflute.jpg

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Vaping or using e-cigs in public is against the law now. You can't even use them in your own car.

Only at home or in your hotel room. 

Really? Any links for the info?

:Party1:

Back on the patches then if this is true; are they a lot cheaper in LOS than the West?

Need to decide whether to stock up before or after I arrive.

Back on the patches then if this is true; are they a lot cheaper in LOS than the West?

Need to decide whether to stock up before or after I arrive.

Buy it all at home mate, better quality stuff for a start

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Really? Any links for the info?

Here's a video showing a police stop telling them they can't use it in their own car, plus more: 

If you search on Google you'll see everything from 'it's illegal everywhere' to 'it's only illegal to import' to 'it's illegal to use in public but most people don't care', and so on.

On the street, most places won't care, just be discrete about it. Don't blow clouds of smoke around. 

On another forum, a bar owner said they won't allow them in their bar because they could be fined a pretty big chunk of change. I think they've relaxed their stance a bit. 

Most discussions in forums quickly turn into a debate over smoking, second hand smoke (or "vape" exhaust), and so on. It's hard to find the real info.

Fuck it, I'm bringing mine anyway. I'll still bring some patches too though, just in case they're confiscating e-cigs at Swampy.

I need to make it through Beijing on the way, I read they're banned there too; yet another hurdle...

I vape some and wondered about this so I asked a contact I have on the ground right now in Pattaya about it. I was told people are vaping everywhere like always, no problems. 

I will be bringing mine.

I vaped a few weeks back in the street and in some gogo's without issues.

The problem with vaping is that its such a minority sport and not many give fuck either way. This thread is 6 months old and is still on page one. Compare that to the one about the best pizza in town and the Russian dwarf.

I vape some and wondered about this so I asked a contact I have on the ground right now in Pattaya about it. I was told people are vaping everywhere like always, no problems. 

I will be bringing mine.

I vaped a few weeks back in the street and in some gogo's without issues.

The problem with vaping is that its such a minority sport and not many give fuck either way. This thread is 6 months old and is still on page one. Compare that to the one about the best pizza in town and the Russian dwarf.

Sweet. I had a feeling this might be the case.

Think I'll split my stash between carry-on and checked, just to lessen the chance of loss/confiscation.

Think I'll split my stash between carry-on and checked, just to lessen the chance of loss/confiscation.

The law is ambiguous as is often the case. 'Importation' is banned but this could be interpreted as 'importing for gain' or 'bringing your own supplies for personal use'. As many have said before the chances of being stopped and searched is minimal as so long as you are not bringing in large amounts of paraphernalia I'm sure all will be ok.  

Here's a video showing a police stop telling them they can't use it in their own car, plus more: 

If you search on Google you'll see everything from 'it's illegal everywhere' to 'it's only illegal to import' to 'it's illegal to use in public but most people don't care', and so on.

On the street, most places won't care, just be discrete about it. Don't blow clouds of smoke around. 

On another forum, a bar owner said they won't allow them in their bar because they could be fined a pretty big chunk of change. I think they've relaxed their stance a bit. 

Most discussions in forums quickly turn into a debate over smoking, second hand smoke (or "vape" exhaust), and so on. It's hard to find the real info.

It's certainly a strange one.

I've been using an E Cig in Pattaya without any problems over the last 4 months, if it's a bar i've not been to before I will ask the staff if I'm okay to use it. It hasn't been a problem so far.

:Party1:

The law is ambiguous as is often the case. 'Importation' is banned but this could be interpreted as 'importing for gain' or 'bringing your own supplies for personal use'. As many have said before the chances of being stopped and searched is minimal as so long as you are not bringing in large amounts of paraphernalia I'm sure all will be ok.  

You're mostly likely right, but I'm not taking any chances; I hate the thought of going two and a half weeks without my comfort pen (as much as it would probably do me some good).

You will be fine. I vape since 4 years. Never had a problem in Thailand with it on my holidays. I vape on the street, in Beer Bars and Gogo's. Never once a problem with it. I take my own supply with me, no problems at the airport to get them into Thailand either. 

Archived