Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

LTGTR

Great Great Great hotel. Excellent staff, roof top restaurant and pool. Nice clean rooms with western plumbing. Quiet close to the beach but not inthe middle of it all. Free tuk tuk to 2nd road, and very comfortable beds.

I stay there each trip and the prices are excellent. Only down side is that they fill up a lot and the they are not affected much by the low season since its such a great hotel.

Highly recommended,

Cheers.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• Mavrick

• MrDK

• djzan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stayed at the PBR earlier this month for a couple of weeks. I thought the hotel was basic but spotlessly clean and in a fab location (right next to the Avenue shopping precinct). Also all the bars locally are a good laugh - you dont have to be living on top of Walking st to see the action. The staff were fab and always polite. I didnt find any hidden charges at the end when i checked out - what you see is what you get - which is good in my opinion. Would definately go back..!

Stayed in a standard room early September.

Overall very happy with it. The walls are thin, so it is the luck of the draw how noisy your neighbor is. Other than that I coudn't fault it. Internet connection was great. Food excellent. Desk staff no problem.

The low season rate of 1,000 baht with a free night each week is what attracted me. But personally I wouldn't pay 1,400 in november when there are plently of choices for guesthouse style accomodation at half the price just around the corner in Soi LK Metro.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

I am planning my first trip to Pattaya next year and have a question about PBR. How long a walk is it to the Walking Street area and is it safe to walk there late at night? I am wondering why a free shuttle is provided.

I am planning my first trip to Pattaya next year and have a question about PBR. How long a walk is it to the walking street area and is it safe to walk there late at night? I am wondering why a free shuttle is provided.

There is a free shuttle that will take you to Second Road. From there it is a short walk to Walking Street. You can use the same service coming back but you will have to call for them to come pick you up. I never bothered with the return trip and caught a baht bus and walked Through The Avenue to get back to the hotel. I never had any safety issues.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There is a free shuttle that will take you to Second Road. From there it is a short walk to Walking Street. You can use the same service coming back but you will have to call for them to come pick you up. I never bothered with the return trip and caught a baht bus and walked Through The Avenue to get back to the hotel. I never had any safety issues.

I ended up using the baht bus back too. Once late at night I tried the shuttle back, I called and they said he was going to get here. Well I walked to the hotel and the shuttle hadn't moved. the pickup is noit reliable.

As far as safety I never had a problem

I tipped the driver 10B for the trips so when calling fron 2nd road he got there quick smart.

Thanks for your helpful replies to this question about Pattaya Bay Resort. I am looking forward to my first trip and will have more questions for sure.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've stayed here on 4 different trips to pattaya, its always the best. its well run, clean, the staff are high quality. Also the rates are the best.

I prefer a hotel over a guest house as you have the security and the service should you need it.

I have heard though that gloy the amazing receptionist has left... is that true?

• 1 month later...

hi! i am a newbie and i will be to Thailand in march for first time. i have book to Pattaya bay resort and i would like to give me some directions. example if i am in Walking Street with a barfine girl how to get back to the hotel? where to go to get a baht bus or call the hotel for the tuk tuk? how far is it? is it safe to take a bus or walk alone to the hotel?

Pattaya has regular taxi cars or only motorbikes? thanks!!!

WTTB

From Walking Street take a baht bus to the mall (where Starbucks and McD is at the street).

Walk through the mall and PBR is right there.

If you have a phone and can call the hotel in advance, you can take the baht bus to Soi 15 and the hotel will pick you up there.

Alternatively you can hire the baht bus as a taxi for 100 baht and you will go door-to-door.

Last trip I stayed here. Later told my TG I was going to BKK and moved to the Sandy. When I hooked up with her again she came to the Sandy I said room smell. She said when lots of lady's come to room it smell. I like the Sandy but have switched to the PBR during low season. Great deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Pattaya Bay Resort is an excellent place to stay...

Great staff..

Great location- you can cut through Avenues mall to get to 2nd road or cut across that alley to get to Soi Diana

Restaurant upstairs had great food selection and awesome staff..

Rooms were comfortable.. Bed was nice and Aircon worked well...

Front Desk staff was cool to the female guests as they took IDs from girly guests...

Just got back from a weeks stay in the middle of Feb....

Already booked another week in Late Nov-Early December as I prefer the cooler months!!!

Sheck

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

I stayed there a couple times when it first opened. I liked it, but my friends moved to the Dynasty as they didn't like the walk. The cut through the mall wasn't happening yet. The worst thing was that there was a junk business with a lot of scrap lying around, on the beach side, which started up with the metal grinders at 7 AM. Just about the time you conk out in PTY. May I assume they're bye-bye before I book ? Thanks: wj

Looking forward to my first stay there,have booked 22 days in April/May

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just one question, If coming back on the regular baht bus and getting off at The Avenue Mall...does the mall close late at night..in the early AM hours? Can you still walk through there/ or around it to get to PBR? Me thinks I might be too :GrinNod1::Hug1: I will probable alway opt to take the regular public baht bus back verses calling and possibly waiting..

Thanks..

you can walk through the mall in the morning hours. its a open style mall. they have security women all night but they dont bother you. or you can get a motorbike taxi to let you in the hotel from Soi 15.

Can somebody who has stayed in the presidential suite at PBR say whether the sleeping room is closed off from the sitting area or is it all one, big room?

One more question...so I now have walked out to 2cd road...through.. The Avenue...baht bus heading away from Walking Street...

I get into one, and don't say anything to the driver about where I want to go..eventually..all blue baht buses..will end up dropping me off at Walking Street..Do they all do.. the loop???? or do I need to ask..and then pay more?? :D:Oi1::Oi1:

i never take a bus to ws. just cross the road, there are sois that you go direct to beach road. then its not so far to go to ws. its very easy! i was also confused before i go to pattaya but when i arrive and take a walk in my first morning i saw that is very easy. not have to worry about it! or you can take a motorbike taxi from the avenue mall and take you to ws. :wub:

1. clean ?

2. fee for girl ?

3. is there a trusted park area for bikes ?

4. can we leave money to a place in the hotel ?

5. how is the pool ?

6. not like to book fm internet about security.

which website do u advise for booking ?

thanks....

1. clean ? Yes

2. fee for girl ? None

3. is there a trusted park area for bikes ? Yes

4. can we leave money to a place in the hotel ? Safe in all rooms, plus lobby

5. how is the pool ? Nice (rooftop), but small

6. not like to book fm internet about security.

which website do u advise for booking ? Hotel direct http://www.pattayabayresort.com or call them via phone.

thanks....

thanks .

how far from walking street by walk ?

10 minutes ???

Maybe about 10-15 minutes........IF you dont stop in every bar on your way :10of10Score:

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Maybe about 10-15 minutes........IF you dont stop in every bar on your way :10of10Score:

Once you get the hotel tuk tuk to the top of second road its only 5 mins to Walking St.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !