IGNORED

Solo trip vs group trip

dontsaveher

Booking a flight this week 4 june alone hope to meet up with a few cool cats

Check out sa-teef`s thai girls on motorbike thread,plenty on there,im sure they`d like the company over a saucer of milk.  :WinkGrin1:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends on the group and duration of your trip. I travelled in group(3) for last 4times and still felt lonely  on 3 occasion and had fun once. I am booked by tickets for this weekend(solo) and would update...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely solo.. its hard to get someone of similar values and interest together and monger. I don't mind going out with fellow members in the forum though since we know what to expect from the excursions.

I go solo one time, only for 3 nights before my friend arrived. I did not like it, even Im over 30yo I never been in other country 100% alone.

Funny, Im adult man, but still even short time really alone is not good for me.

I always go with a mate from Stoke he knows a lot of people in Patts that live there and stay for a few days before heading back got uk! But I find most lads who are there a really freindly and before you know it it's like being in you're local boozer so I wouldn't be bothered going on my own! The locals will take You to diff bars which have more going on than local but are more expensive only about 30 baht, then they get cheaper drinks all year for bringing custom to bar which I think is fair enough after all they are out about 5 nights a week all year and need to budget where in our case we are on hols and few baht more doesn't matter!! So in theory you get you're personal guides who take you to the best bars! Everyone's a winner!!'

I prefer a group of 2 or 3,but better alone if I cannot go with the right friends.Some people  can really become a burden.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in oattaya 2 times with group of my friedns. I believe that group can be better. but of course the group is important. I was lucky because that group is my best best friedns. so we enjoyed a lot. I prefer to go with them againg. because it will be more enjoyeble when you go with your close friends.

if it is not possible to go with close friends, solo might be a good choise.

"Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya"

• 2 weeks later...

i think the answer is different when you compare thailand to other holiday spots ie if im going to las vegas i want to go with friends, however thailand bkk or pattaya then im heaading solo and pleaseing myself.

“I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.â€

― Woody Allen

Always solo. I have never really grasped the concept of mongering in herds. I find it rather limiting thought as I tend not to make any plans and go and do what hits me on any given moment. I have never really felt a great need to socialize with other mongers either. I can drink and talk bullshit with male friends back home. While mongering I there for the ladies.

Need to note that I have done most of my mongering activities in Philippines where the language barrier is not so thick and I do speak few odd words of Tagalog. I have been to Thailand only for few days' sprints. Now I am looking for full 10 nights.. just crossed my mind that I may want to have a discussion consisting of full sentences every once in while.. So maybe I need to break my usual MO and socialize if I cannot find orally able lady friend ;)

I usually travel to Pattaya alone, but have been two times this year with a friends or a small group of friends. The trip with two mates, who I know since 20 years, turned out to be a bit complicated. It was their first trip to Asia and I didn't expect they were so shy. One of them got divorced 6 years ago and the other one I think is gay, but didn't come out yet. Our first stop was Chiang Mai where we stayed at the house of an older Thai guy I know well. He insisted on taking both of them to a 'hot bath'. When they asked him what this means he explained that a hot bath is a bath with a girl. To cut the long story short: They chose a girl, more or less under peer pressure, and then we all went to the room. When I came back after 90 minutes, the Thai guy was asking me what is wrong with my friends. One of them stormed out of the room after 10 minutes, explaining that he hadn't seen a naked girl since 6 years. The other one stormed out of the room after 15 minutes, claiming that he is unable to communicate with the girl. Poor sods. I was happy when they left for an island hopping trip and I were able to do my own thing (mongering) without having to take care of my mates feelings.  

Ive been three times all as a solo, I let slip to a few of my mates who were all up for coming, so the planning started and all have backed out for one reason or another. looking at it now im sort of glad. you've got the freedom to do what you want. you would be bar hopping constantly or I would until everyone was hoked up with someone they fancy. its not hard to get talking to people at beer bars or restaurants, and to meet them for a few drinks and that with whatever bar girl your with or on the search for. get down Soi 6 as a single really, never experienced anything like it.

• 1 month later...

Ive only been to Patts solo, (this was over 7 years ago) had a good time, as I always enjoy my own company. Only thing about solo was making sure not to get too drunk, and being careful with my surroundings....

This time its for a "Stag" with 12 gents,  will be a good laugh, and we will party together.  Although it is cumbersome trying to herd the group from here to there.

Find a nice club/disco etc and enjoy the 5 nights in Patts / 3 nights BKK

I prefer with some friends but i always tell them that they should do wat they like (so would i). So mostly in the beginning we spend time together but later in the week we just see each other in the afternoon by the swimming pool

So we are not obligated to do anything with each other, just having fun......

I have been to Pattaya many times some alone and some with my buddy I prefer with a buddy, but that said it doesn't mean you both have to be joined at the hip, both can do what they want. But it's nice to have Coffee in the morning and talk about what they did the night before. I'm sure this isn't for everyone but it works for me.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't take this trip with friends. I go in with purpose and friends would only slow me down. Thats the truth.

Yeah you are right there, I went 2 Poland once with about 10 mates far 2 many you don't do nothing because every 5 mind someone wants to stop 2 change money or go to the internet café or something, or grab a sandwich

Nightmare it was

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i think the answer is different when you compare thailand to other holiday spots ie if im going to las vegas i want to go with friends, however thailand bkk or pattaya then im heaading solo and pleaseing myself.

You say that mate but I went 2 Las Vegas on my own had a great time one of the best holidays of my life, 99% of the Americans I met were very friendly, I put of going there for years because I didn't want 2 go solo but had great time

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I prefer a wingman. Let's be honest the more times you go to patts the more selective you get..so having someone to hang with a few hours until you pull the trigger is more fun for me. I have gotten to the point I could have problems picking the right girl until about 1am...and truthfully my beer goggles then assist me...

• 2 weeks later...

solo the only way to go...4 of us went one time,too many debates about where,when....and so on.

• 1 month later...

Solo is what I've done so far but I"m also made Thai friends which I was not expecting but glad I did. Now I've gotten to the point where I'm more open to meeting BM as well. Will see how it goes because I'm a lone wolf by trade. 

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

I go solo a fair bit, have gotten to know a few bar owners/managers over time, so it's never quiet.

In saying that, my best mate comes a fair bit too, were identical in mongering and partying, so we tend to make mini competitions etc.

Only short straw of going solo IMO, is the morning after a big night, I don't have anyone to push me to get up and start again. So my days start a bit later instead of hitting the 6 early.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived