IGNORED

Danish Cuisine - Review

I had the same question.

The owner of this restaurant told me that he has it available once in a while, but getting a proper cut pork roast is apparently near impossible in Thailand.

I once saw it posted on a sign in front of Matilda Restaurant on Second Rd, when I walked by,

but I didn't stop, and after that I haven't seen it again anywhere!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

There was a bar in Phuket owned by a Swedish guy (a motorbike did him in RIP) who would take a package of Turkish Pepper (ammonium chloride) and dilute it in a bottle of vodka for a week.

It would turn coal black and tasted great.

He marketed it as "Black Death".

You can get that in every Finnish bar in Pattaya, ask for salmiakki shot.

I think Friendship supermarket has that also, made in estonian Vodka called Viru Valge.

The one made from real Turkish Peber candies is better though,

Bottle should look like that

https://www.google.fi/search?q=viru+valge+salmiakki&biw=1920&bih=945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=13kRVYiBNaPnygP3ooG4DA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

You can get that in every Finnish bar in Pattaya, ask for salmiakki shot.

I think Friendship supermarket has that also, made in estonian Vodka called Viru Valge.

The one made from real Turkish Peber candies is better though,

Bottle should look like that

https://www.google.fi/search?q=viru+valge+salmiakki&biw=1920&bih=945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=13kRVYiBNaPnygP3ooG4DA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Thank you for that post, but if one makes it himself the bottle could look like Smirnoff, with a black Liquid.

Does one know where to find Turkish pepper in Pattaya?

A few of the Danish bar sells

I had the same question.
The owner of this restaurant told me that he has it available once in a while, but getting a proper cut pork roast is apparently near impossible in Thailand.

A few of the Danish bar e.g. Zanzi in Soi Buakhao ( near action street) sells old fashion Danish pork roast but no idea of supplier.

Thank you for that post, but if one makes it himself the bottle could look like Smirnoff, with a black liquid.

Does one know where to find Turkish pepper in Pattaya?

Hello! At the Turkish Pepper Shop  :Think1:

I dont think there is Turkish pepper sold in Pattaya.

Before that Viru Valge came to Friendship I think all the Finnish bars

get that from regular customers coming to town.

hotel Dania opposit Action Street on Soi Buakhao does flæskesteg lot of danish dishes and they are all really good.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Yes I have imported some candies and mustard when coming to Patts.

Here is the simpliest recipe for the "Salmari":

0.5l bottle of vodka, pour about 1dl away(depending how strong flavour of candies/how strong alcohol content you want) aka in your mouth, put the whole TB candies into the bottle as long as the bottle is full again. They start to dilute pretty fast. Shake the bottle occasionally. If you start the process in the evening it's ready to drink in the morning, No need to wait for a week. Remember to shake violently every time you want to have a shot.

There is a different Turkish Peber mix with fruit candies, and shot made out of it is pretty tasty too. Only problem is that it looks very poor, like diarrhea :GoldenSmile1:

there is another funky shots in the Finnish bars like Terva(tar shot), Fisu(Fisherman's friend shot) and Laku(liquorice shot). They are usually for the Scandinavian tastes only. Other nationalities will not like them. Samiakki shot is sometimes called nam dam(black water) in Thailand.

Hotel Dania opposit Action Street on Soi Buakhao does flæskesteg lot of danish dishes and they are all really good.

Here is the Dania's menu: http://hoteldaniapattaya.com/english/index.php/the-restaurant-a-menu

I'm not the expert of Danish food but I also found them tasty. Tho whole hotel is very nice, small and homely and I recommend for the accomodation. Rooms 700-1200bht.

True 

It's not fore sale in Thailand. 

You have to import it. 

Yes I have imported some candies and mustard when coming to Patts.

Here is the simpliest recipe for the "Salmari":

0.5l bottle of vodka, pour about 1dl away(depending how strong flavour of candies/how strong alcohol content you want) aka in your mouth, put the whole TB candies into the bottle as long as the bottle is full again. They start to dilute pretty fast. Shake the bottle occasionally. If you start the process in the evening it's ready to drink in the morning, No need to wait for a week. Remember to shake violently every time you want to have a shot.

There is a different Turkish Peber mix with fruit candies, and shot made out of it is pretty tasty too. Only problem is that it looks very poor, like diarrhea :GoldenSmile1:

there is another funky shots in the Finnish bars like Terva(tar shot), Fisu(Fisherman's friend shot) and Laku(liquorice shot). They are usually for the Scandinavian tastes only. Other nationalities will not like them. Samiakki shot is sometimes called nam dam(black water) in Thailand.

Here is the Dania's menu: http://hoteldaniapattaya.com/english/index.php/the-restaurant-a-menu

I'm not the expert of Danish food but I also found them tasty. Tho whole hotel is very nice, small and homely and I recommend for the accomodation. Rooms 700-1200bht.

Thank you that post.

Personally I am not into shots type drinks, but black death I like as a sipping drink.

As far as the recipe goes, is a standard candy bag that you will see on the shelf enough to a 750ml bottle of vodka?

For those unfamiliar with Turkish pepper it is a liquorice based candy loaded with a salty substance that in Scandinavia is called Salmiakki or Salmiak and chemically is ammonium chloride (NH4Cl).

Couldn't help noticing a statement that few, but a Finn could make ... "If you start the process in the evening it's ready to drink in the morning" :)

Thank you that post.

Personally I am not into shots type drinks, but black death I like as a sipping drink.

As far as the recipe goes, is a standard candy bag that you will see on the shelf enough to a 750ml bottle of vodka?

For those unfamiliar with Turkish pepper it is a liquorice based candy loaded with a salty substance that in Scandinavia is called Salmiakki or Salmiak and chemically is ammonium chloride (NH4Cl).

Couldn't help noticing a statement that few, but a Finn could make ... "If you start the process in the evening it's ready to drink in the morning" :)

Well I have bought 250g bag of those candies and made already 2 batches of the drink(500ml bottles) and there is plenty of the candies left. If you have 750ml bottle of vodka, you should remove about 150ml of vodka and then drop the candies into the bottle until it's full again(candies take the volume of the off poured vodka). This is totally up to your taste. Some like it more vodka taste and some more salmiak taste. I think my mix is somewhere in the middle.

Actually you can have the 500ml of this drink ready in 3-4hours, if you're in hurry and shake the bottle every 10 minutes. :hello09: If you are more hurry than that, you can put the candies in the food processor and make the powder out of them. Should be ready in no time when mixed with vodka :Drunk:

I usually will spice up the mix with the similar candies seasoned with the chili extract which are extremely hot. They are named "Sinister Salmiak" and the "hotness" rating is 6/10(Naga Morich is 10/10) . Couple of those will spice things up. That mix you can really call a "black death" :ThumbUp6:  Maybe I should someday do a batch made purely with that sinister stuff. Might be a delicacy only true chiliheads can drink...

Poppa_synkkae.JPG

Thank you Sir.

A friend of mine is going back to DK next month and I will ask him to bring back a few bags.

Since the flavor of the salmiak is so strong, I wonder if it makes a difference using Thai whisky (which is rum)

Thank you Sir.

A friend of mine is going back to DK next month and I will ask him to bring back a few bags.

Since the flavor of the salmiak is so strong, I wonder if it makes a difference using Thai whisky (which is rum)

Uuuuf.  :GoldenSmile1: I have never tried it with Sang Som but as a Finn I think that would be a great adventure. Might be a car crash or the delicacy. If you try it, please report the results. Pretty much the salmiak flavor overrides all the other flavors, if you use enough candies. But still rum and salmiak doesn't IMHO make any sense :Think1:

If the taste of salmiakki is too strong, you can also make a shot with 50/50 salmiakki & baileys (or some other creme liqour)

The drink should be in 2 layers, not all mixed together.

If the taste of salmiakki is too strong, you can also make a shot with 50/50 salmiakki & baileys (or some other creme liqour)

The drink should be in 2 layers, not all mixed together.

I think that shot is called "Granma's slipper" :Think1:

Archived