Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Current Exchange Rate

Ajay75

Last month I was getting 66-67 bht for the whole month in Patts but have just looked at the BBK bank and its dropped back down to 62-63 bht for sterling.

Anyone any the wiser about this shift in rates? I thought it was on the bounce back after a dodgy few months around Mar-May time. Weird.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedRackam

• caltexman

• Ajay75

• neill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last month I was getting 66-67 bht for the whole month in Patts but have just looked at the BBK bank and its dropped back down to 62-63 bht for sterling.

Anyone any the wiser about this shift in rates? I thought it was on the bounce back after a dodgy few months around Mar-May time. Weird.

Its all to do with the pound going into free-fall and recession looming in UK

I guesstimate a rate of 45-50 TBH/£ in the forseeable future

Buy Baht now would be my advice

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Australian dollar is falling as well down 4 baht per dollar in a week.

Aussie dollar down to Us dollar.

It seems the THB is getting stronger.

Just checked:

1 € = 49.87 THB (was 52-53 few weeks back)

1 USD = 33.86 THB

1 AUSD = 29.28 THB

1 UKP = 63.07 THB

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Hey guys,

Am not back in LOS for 10 weeks, by which time, if the pound is plummeting sub-60 versus the baht, we BM's will be getting a rawer deal than we have been recently accustomed to.

I am going to go and change a wad of sterling next week and sit on it til departure. I would be content enough with 63-ish to the pound, but if I leave it until it gets to sub-60, then I would be more than a little pissed, as, I imagine, would others.

So, given that I usually just bring sterling to LOS and occasionally use an ATM, where is the best place to get money changed in the UK, commission wise and all that?

Cheers!

hi guys

Well i did a really good thing for once, on my last trip in july i opened a thai bank account, and put a few thousand thai into it, at 66 bhat to the pound, and also exchanged too much money in the last few days of my trip, so took the thai surplus back to the uk, and did not exchange it back . So on my next trip in oct ive still got quite a bit of thai money at a very good rate :D .....plus the money in thailand is earning interest :D happy days :D

I was getting 32.5bht 5 weeks ago..& now the aussie dollar has dropped to 29bht. I'm going back in November..it dosnt look good for us aussie's...so you guys from the UK shouldnt complain getting 62-63bht..thats still a pretty good rate i think.

I dont think it'll go too bad but it was just an observation really. I am back in Patts in about 10 weeks so am not going to panic just yet. Also it'll be the beginning of high season so fingers crossed it bounces back a little. I can cope with 63-64 bht to the £.

I am a little stuck anyway as I only have TC's and would get murdered on exchange in the UK so will have to wait until I get to LOS anyway. Good idea about the bank account though.

Australian dollar is falling as well down 4 baht per dollar in a week.

Aussie dollar down to Us dollar.

Not quite that bad!

SCB

1/8 AUS$ = 30.81

8/8 AUS$ = 29.49

15/8 AUS$ = 28.56

Bangbk

1/8 AUS$ = 30.88

8/8 AUS$ = 29.79

15/8AUS$ = 28.67

Far better than your trantasman rate! :):):Banghead2:

The dollar is actually relatively strong compared to recently, so its a good time to buy before it gos back down

Well if the reserve bank in oz cuts the interest rates here then expect the aussie dollar to drop more!!!!!!

Gotta open a thai bank account next trip so can transfer money when the exchange rate is high as it has been in the last few months.

The bloody pound has dropped a lot over the last 10 days, it was 67 now it down to 62 and might even go lower

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Exchange rates aside... Thailand P4P is by far a better deal than what is available here.

Its all to do with the pound going into free-fall and recession looming in UK

I guesstimate a rate of 45-50 TBH/£ in the forseeable future

Buy Baht now would be my advice

Hedonist

I dont think its that simple. If the UK does go into recession then this will have worldwide effects. If you read the Bangkok post you will notice that they are also seeing a drop in the value of the baht. And to say that a 45-50/£ is nothing that anyone can predict. If they could currency traders would be be betting the bht against the pound in the millions.

I dont think its that simple. If the UK does go into recession then this will have worldwide effects. If you read the Bangkok post you will notice that they are also seeing a drop in the value of the baht. And to say that a 45-50/£ is nothing that anyone can predict. If they could currency traders would be be betting the bht against the pound in the millions.

the b.o.e.are on about cutting interest rates again which is not good for the pound expect the pound to be trading around 60bt come early next year.

While everyone is bemoaning the sub-60, and I do understand why, you need to remember that this isn't "low". We have actually been spoilt by unnaturally high rates over the last few years.

When I first moved to Bangkok the rate was around 55 and at the time that was considered high.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

While everyone is bemoaning the sub-60, and I do understand why, you need to remember that this isn't "low". We have actually been spoilt by unnaturally high rates over the last few years.

When I first moved to Bangkok the rate was around 55 and at the time that was considered high.

I totally agree WS, when the pound get below 50 then its time to start complaining, we have just been spoiled.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

The Aussie was doing up to 32 in May/June, was going strong, then again it was something like 0.98 US as well. Ahhh, everyone complains yet relatively speaking its still cheap as chips.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I saw that it went up to 34 baht to 1 US dollar. I shrieked like a school girl.

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

Seems to be bouncing around between 62-64 at the moment which isnt too bad. I think the UK economy will start bouncin back early to mid next year anyway. Think the stamp duty thing will come in for a few months to try and kick start the housing market again. Thing is that everyone is saying its all doom and gloom. Its not really, its just that the UK has had it so fucking good for the last few years that things are just going back to what they should have been all along. Its just that its come as a shock to alot of people and the correction is steeper than expected. The pattern will arise again in a couple of years, although maybe not as sharp.

• 4 weeks later...

is it better to exchange currency when i get to thailand? Usually I try to exchange before I leave on my trip (i dont like not having small money for cabs and food/snacks.) one guide i read said it's better to bring larger US denominations and exchange when i arrive.

is this true?