IGNORED

Tudor Court Condominium

LordFlash

Tudor Court is a brand new condo project situated in Soi 2, Pratumnak Hill - about 5 minutes drive from Walking Street.

Units start at an incredible 50,000 Baht per m2 with a 55m2 1 bedroom unit starting at only 2,750,000 Baht.

A 75m2 1 bedroom unit starts at only 3,750,000 and the huge 2 bedroom 150m2 starts at only 7,500,000 Baht.

The developer is a local English expat and has been in the construction industry for years and is well known and respected.

Construction is due to start in October with estimated completion of the first building by the end of 2009.

All units will be fully fitted with luxury kitchen, bathroom, tiled floors, air con, lighting and for a limited period a FREE PLASMA TV!

Facilities will include the usual 24 hour security, swimming pool, reception area etc.

All buyers (Until April 2009) will be entered into a prize draw to win a FREE TOYOTA FORTUNER!

Pictures and some info below. Please PM me if you would like to see the new SHOW ROOM.

Tudor Court

condo_display_unit3.jpg

condo_display_unit9.jpg

condo_display_unit10.jpg

Edited by LordFlash

I can not see your pictures:

My friend is in the property sales in Thailand & like in the UK he tells me its dead.

IMHO.

It is now a buyers Market big time.

Thai Tony.

Pictures now fixed.

We sold 3 units yesterday and I have 10 more reserved and to be sold early next week.

Thats not what I would call dead but agree that in the second hand market, particularly houses, it is a buyers market as there is so much choice at the moment.

Cheers

LF

• 3 weeks later...
Pictures now fixed.

We sold 3 units yesterday and I have 10 more reserved and to be sold early next week.

Thats not what I would call dead but agree that in the second hand market, particularly houses, it is a buyers market as there is so much choice at the moment.

Cheers

LF

I don't understand something here. For what you are selling these units for I can buy or rent for less here in Las Vegas USA. I understand these units are in Pattaya Beach near Walking Street however since workers make about $5.00 a day in Thailand, that a 2 bedroom condo would sell for aprox $25,000 USD or about 850,000 baht.

I don't understand something here. For what you are selling these units for I can buy or rent for less here in Las Vegas USA. I understand these units are in Pattaya Beach near Walking Street however since workers make about $5.00 a day in Thailand, that a 2 bedroom condo would sell for aprox $25,000 USD or about 850,000 baht.

thats business!!!

If you dont want to pay it, then dont.

enjoy your days in vegas

Looks nice Lordflash but bit OTT for me price wise.

LIke the location though up on Pratamnak hill as nice area but would be wary of condos until I go see places in real and make sure not close to any loud & annoying russkis.

ANy other developments at more reasonable prices???

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

During the past year I have felt I want to buy something out there, I have veiwed a few condos but not taken the plunge.

I know the smart money says rent, pal of mine is renting a new condo near Carfour for 64k baht a year brand new.

I guess its the Englishman and Castle syndrome or maybe wanting a stake in Los, hard to know to why as I dont feel it will be a great investment.

Be in town in the next 2 weeks I will pm and arrange a veiwing...............Maybe my subcon is telling me to relocate ?

I woud expect a downturn in the market anyone who is selling will always say we are selling units very quickly.

IMO i would expect these to be 2.2 million baht and are overpriced the cedit crunch is on its way to ASIA and Pattaya is dead ,time to pick a bargain up i believe.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I really cant explain the pricing. If the unit has a prime location its probably cheap. If my math is correct its 147usd a square foot...So about 147k usd for 1000sq feet...i cant hardly find a ocean view in the states for that kind of money..Now if its a off location then that price range is available in the states...

I also have consider buying something but it seems the bargains are in the rentals cuz they seem way cheaper then in the usa...

I woud expect a downturn in the market anyone who is selling will always say we are selling units very quickly.

IMO i would expect these to be 2.2 million baht and are overpriced the cedit crunch is on its way to ASIA and Pattaya is dead ,time to pick a bargain up i believe.

We need the baht to drop in value if it gets to 75 like 4 years ago Its a good punt ............. time will tell

I really cant explain the pricing. If the unit has a prime location its probably cheap. If my math is correct its 147usd a square foot...So about 147k usd for 1000sq feet...i cant hardly find a ocean view in the states for that kind of money..Now if its a off location then that price range is available in the states...

I also have consider buying something but it seems the bargains are in the rentals cuz they seem way cheaper then in the usa...

Your math is solid I believe. But my point is Thailand is supposed to be cheap living compaired to most countries. Wages are about 200 baht a day if I am not mistaken. In the U.S. even Non-Union construction on housing is at least $12.00 an hour or about 400 baht an hour or 3,200 baht a day based on eight hour day. So if labor is 16 times higher in the U.S. then in Thailand shouldn't the condo be 16 times cheaper? So $220,000 USD or 7.5 million baht should be $13,750 USD or 467,500 baht for the same condo in Thailand. Now that is real math for real people............. I believe in Business as much as anyone however if we don't get a handle on the greed factor then we are all in a bunch of trouble.

Your math is solid I believe. But my point is Thailand is supposed to be cheap living compaired to most countries. Wages are about 200 baht a day if I am not mistaken. In the U.S. even Non-Union construction on housing is at least $12.00 an hour or about 400 baht an hour or 3,200 baht a day based on eight hour day. So if labor is 16 times higher in the U.S. then in Thailand shouldn't the condo be 16 times cheaper? So $220,000 USD or 7.5 million baht should be $13,750 USD or 467,500 baht for the same condo in Thailand. Now that is real math for real people............. I believe in Business as much as anyone however if we don't get a handle on the greed factor then we are all in a bunch of trouble.

Yes if the target market was Thai's but its falangs and id think that market is drying or dried up with whats going on in the west and also saturation point being reached with building work. Just my view but time will tell.

Nice place but who is going to be daft enough to pay such inflated prices .... maybe if it was offered for 1/3 of the price somebody might be interested.

There are going to be a lot of unsold apartments in pattaya because nobody has got spare cash to risk spending in a politicaly unstable country like Thailand

It's a vacation destination filled with foreigners. if you go to the Hard Rock and order a burger you're going to get a western sized bill. It doesn't matter that the staff is Thai.

If you look at houses were there's only Thai's around it's cheap.

But I wouldn't pay the posted, I expect them to go down over the next few years

Edited by chuckwow001

While it might be true to say the labour is 16 times cheaper, but, what about the building materials etc. Those need factoring in too, before you can come up with an alternative price based on only one of many factors........no?

TBH i cant see THOSE coming in at 16 times cheaper in LOS

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

What does an average wage of a Thai have to do with these Condos?? As it is all over the world, some properties are geared for a higher end clientele. I've seen this showroom. Very nice and a great location. I'm sure if they are selling quick enough, the price will come down. But I'm quite sure they are not competing with the 1m baht properties.

I must admit i we did'nt have the baby that's the area i would be living in.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

What does an average wage of a Thai have to do with these Condos?? As it is all over the world, some properties are geared for a higher end clientele. I've seen this showroom. Very nice and a great location. I'm sure if they are selling quick enough, the price will come down. But I'm quite sure they are not competing with the 1m baht properties.

Hey I'm all for making a profit. But charging American prices for a condo in a third world country while using what would amount to slave labor is what I have a problem with. Hopfuly who ever built these condos steped up and atleast paid his help about 200 baht an hour not 200 baht a day. That is what I meant in my first post about getting our greed under control.

Its not really greed, its just how the world works. Look at McDonalds, where I live they start at $10 an hour. I was in Moscow and they were hiring for $1.30 an hour. I'm sure they make even less in Thailand. But that Big Mac costs the same everywhere.

Sorry I have only just caught up with this thread.

I'll try and answer some of the queries.

Whilst its true that labour costs here are cheap, construction costs - which are globally influenced - have soared recently. Add to that the fact that the cost of land in Pattaya, particularly Pratumnak Hill, is going through the roof.

I was unaware that you could acquire a nearly 600 square feet, fully fitted condo close the beach for less than 2,750,000 Baht - 80,330 USD in Vegas.

It would surprise me if you could get something like that in the UK for that price - well, maybe in the Hebredes.

In terms of comparision, Nordic have been building in this area for a while and their prices start at around 75,000 Baht per M2.

We will be using European standards of construction which will include Upvc windows, damp proof course and cavity walls to help with cold retention and sound proofing.

50,000 Baht per m2 really is a very good starting price for the area. Yes, you will find cheaper properties but I maintain we currently offer the best value money for location.

Please bear in mind that Pattaya and Phuket are the most popular tourist and expat locations in Thailand. Consequently, prices reflect this. You could always live in Cha am or Krabi for a lot less - both beautiful places but, lets face it, Pattaya offers a lot more.

The showroom is open and I am here most of the time so please pop in and judge for yourself.

Cheers!

LF

Cheers!

LF

I was unaware that you could acquire a nearly 600 square feet, fully fitted condo close the beach for less than 2,750,000 Baht - 80,330 USD in Vegas.

LF

Actually they have plenty available on floridas west coast. sarasota venice etc! but finding some thing that small would be difficult.

LF

Actually they have plenty available on floridas west coast. sarasota venice etc! but finding some thing that small would be difficult.

It would surprise me if you could get something like that in the UK for that price - well, maybe in the Hebredes.

Fully fitted condos are very uncommon in the States. I imagine the posters did not account for that in his comment. It would easily cost another 10-15k USD to fully furnish and fit appliances.

Hey I'm all for making a profit. But charging American prices for a condo in a third world country while using what would amount to slave labor is what I have a problem with. Hopfuly who ever built these condos steped up and atleast paid his help about 200 baht an hour not 200 baht a day. That is what I meant in my first post about getting our greed under control.

So you're going to pay a construction worker more than a Doctor? Do you give Bar Girls $150 a shag?