IGNORED

Pattaya to Hua Hin

kendologo

Can anyone tell me if there is a bus from Pattaya direct to Hua Hin or do you need to go Bangkok then hop on another bus. In the past when I have gone to Hua Hin I have been based in Bangkok and shared the price of a mini bus. Any idea of the price from Patts if you went and organised your trip through an agent. Travel agentcy. Thanks to anyone with some advice.

There may be a fast boat before too long:

image.jpg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There may be a fast boat before too long:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

oh god, the riff raff from hua hin arriving on pattaya's shores  :WinkGrin1:

you sure that magazine cover isn't just from the old one they had a few years back.

No. Local Govt have announced again, apparently. Saying it will start by end of year, but......TiT

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

PT taxi drives there for 2700baht but that maybe wasnt in the plan?

No. Local Govt have announced again, apparently. Saying it will start by end of year, but......TiT

How long would the crossing take ?

Thanks to the BMs who replied. That sounds good taking a direct bus. The taxi fare for2700 baht seems excellent value too. Thanks again for the advice it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to the BMs who replied. That sounds good taking a direct bus. The taxi fare for2700 baht seems excellent value too. Thanks again for the advice it is greatly appreciated.

where is the direct bus ....unless a minivan is called a bus?

It's the Rayong to Surat Thani bus. 

Is that the 'big yellow bus' ? or something different? Sure its still running?

if so, they used to have a website, but it doesn't seem to work www.iloveyellowbus or something similar

Got any more info

Is that the 'big yellow bus' ? or something different? Sure its still running?

if so, they used to have a website, but it doesn't seem to work www.iloveyellowbus or something similar

Got any more info

Not 100% sure but think the Yellow bus is long gone. You can still get the Surat Thani bus at Pattaya Nua bus station though or there's plenty of minibus options.

Someone else would advise you better, I only do taxis.

Not 100% sure but think the Yellow bus is long gone. You can still get the Surat Thani bus at Pattaya Nua bus station though or there's plenty of minibus options.

Someone else would advise you better, I only do taxis.

after a search around, doesn't appear to be any bus option I can find, without going through bangkok or swampy.

after a search around, doesn't appear to be any bus option I can find, without going through bangkok or swampy.

Ah ok. Maybe the minibus is the better option for you then. I'm sure you can go direct now and not have to change at Victory Monument. Check with one of the ticket offices in Pattaya or I know a good guy on Soi Honey you could ask.

no minibuses for me...

I will be going to Hua Hin on or about March 6th from Pattaya...  will take taxi to Swampy then catch bus to Hua Hin from there.

Or, maybe bus to Swampy too, never done that.

Open your eyes, info about minibus directly from Pattaya to HH is already revealed in this thread.

do you know the difference between a bus and a minibus? 

I think most refer to bus v minivan to make a clearer distinction between the two. 

What most ppl in Thailand refer to as a minivan is actually a van. A bus could in a broader definition also include vans. The direct van to HH is as already mentioned, to be found in pattayatai.

A bus could in a broader definition also include vans. The direct van to HH is as already mentioned, to be found in pattayatai.

yes, in the same way a plane and a hot air balloon have similarities.

so, in summary, no direct bus to HH then. Thanks for all the photos earlier on.  

For those of us who have experienced the minbus drivers on crack or yabba or whatever the fuck it is that makes them drive like suicidal maniacs, the options seem to be a car/driver for 2000+ baht, or bus to airport and change to another bus for about 500-600 baht...

now that I am arriving in three weeks to be an expat, I am not going to be throwing my money around, so time to learn how to ride the bus!

woohoo, three weeks from now I will be in the air and on my way!

I have used the direct van to HH several times and Im still alive. They are not that bad. The last driver drove relatively slow compared to other cars in the traffic, around 120km/h and it took 6 hours. If van is not in question, I'd go for airport bus and change bus at Suvarnabhumi. Have done that route too and a much better option than regular bus and much cheaper than taxi.

@taylor1975: blablabla

I have used the direct van to HH several times and Im still alive. They are not that bad. The last driver drove relatively slow compared to other cars in the traffic, around 120km/h and it took 6 hours. If van is not in question, I'd go for airport bus and change bus at Suvarnabhumi. Have done that route too and a much better option than regular bus and much cheaper than taxi.

@taylor1975: blablabla

I have ridden in minibuses twice to Koh Chang and back, both times with MALIBU TRAVEL, and I had horrific experiences both times...

Perhaps I will consider another one but from what I have read my experience is not unusual, and the pics I have seen of the wrecks involving the idiot minibus drivers are horrific...

Archived