IGNORED

Hilton - Q about joiners

slalom

I am aware that the joiner policy at the Hilton is somewhat uncertain. But can anyone clarify the following point? If I was to be hit with joiners how would it work for example if the lady was to stay for 3 nights? Would this be joiner x 3 or just 1 joiner fee given that it's the same guest during the 3 nights duration

Hope someone is able to clarify

As I understand with this and a few other high end hotels, if you book a room for two people and check your partner into the hotel, there should be no fee to pay.

However if you choose not to check the girl in and have more than one visitor, then a joiner fee may become payable, and should it be the same girl then multiples of the joiner fee will be applicable.

If you re going to have the same lady for the duration of your trip, check her in as your 2nd guest. No joiner fee payable.

There seems to be conflicting reports from the Hilton as to whether joiner fees are payable/charged. 

Just inform the hotel at the time of your check in that your girlfriend will be joining you and you will get her checked in when she arrives ... And when you find the girl ... Just take her with you to the reception ...your gives her I'd card , they enter her name on your room guest name and that's it ... But you must book double occupancy .

Even though they know that she is from Pattaya , it does not matter as long as you give them a story to believe ... That's it ...

I am staying at the Hilton next time i am in Pattaya, so i mailed them and below is the response i got. Looks pretty standard stuff, no joiner fee but id card taken.

Warmest Greeting from Hilton Pattaya and thank you for your interest to stay with us,

Please note that there is no visitor fee at our property, however, your visitor’s I.D. card is required upon arrival.

Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at your most convenience via 

OK gents that's brilliant thanks

Think I will mail them myself though then I have evidence if they try to hit me with fees

I am staying at the Hilton next time i am in Pattaya, so i mailed them and below is the response i got. Looks pretty standard stuff, no joiner fee but id card taken.

Warmest Greeting from Hilton Pattaya and thank you for your interest to stay with us,

Please note that there is no visitor fee at our property, however, your visitor’s I.D. card is required upon arrival.

Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at your most convenience via [email protected]

This is wrong information mate. Once you get to the hotel, you will be allowed to check in one lady, but if you want to bring a different lady every night, you will be charge joiner fee.  It happened to me four months ago.

This is wrong information mate. Once you get to the hotel, you will be allowed to check in one lady, but if you want to bring a different lady every night, you will be charge joiner fee.  It happened to me four months ago.

That's interesting, because my experience last year was the exact opposite -- they took her i.d. at the front desk and returned it to her at the security desk downstairs.  I wasn't charged one baht for a joinder fee, and I'm pretty sure that I had a girl back with me every night.

It will be good to know if Hilton had changed their policy about the joiner fee. If any BM stayed there recently, please report back. When I was staying there in 2013, the 1000 joiner fee still applied. If they changed their policy, some of the BMs  (like me) may consider to stay there again.

I'd be inclined to believe that email from the hotel. Why would a prestigious hotel lie? If they tried to move the goalposts, you could show them the email and hold them to it. Hilton is an American owned chain, so the usual Thai corruption crap won't fly in their hotels if you stand your ground.

The other option is just smuggle the girl in. Go in through the restaurant entrance via Central Festival then walk all the way through to the lifts at the other side. You won't go anywhere near the reception desk. I think there is a security guard lurking around that entrance at night, so just befriend him on the first day. Then, as long as he is satisfied YOU are a guest, it's more than his job's worth to start policing the joiner fee policy on behalf of the management.

Worst case scenario, even if they do make you pay a joiner's fee, if you booked as 2 people, then the first girl is free. Thereafter, it's only ONE FEE PER GIRL ALL STAY, not per visit. So If you take a registered girl back again, there is no second fee to pay.

What's the big deal though? If you can afford to pay 6,000 baht or upwards per night for a room, is another 500 - 1000 baht to bring back your dream girl really going to kill you??

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

It will be good to know if Hilton had changed their policy about the joiner fee. If any BM stayed there recently, please report back. When I was staying there in 2013, the 1000 joiner fee still applied. If they changed their policy, some of the BMs  (like me) may consider to stay there again.

To clarify, I stayed there in June of 2014 and was not charged a joinder (as noted in my post #8)

Last time I brought back 2 -3 girls a day for a week and never once paid a joiner fee, this was 3 months ago

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I'd be inclined to believe that email from the hotel. Why would a prestigious hotel lie? If they tried to move the goalposts, you could show them the email and hold them to it. Hilton is an American owned chain, so the usual Thai corruption crap won't fly in their hotels if you stand your ground.

The other option is just smuggle the girl in. Go in through the restaurant entrance via Central Festival then walk all the way through to the lifts at the other side. You won't go anywhere near the reception desk. I think there is a security guard lurking around that entrance at night, so just befriend him on the first day. Then, as long as he is satisfied YOU are a guest, it's more than his job's worth to start policing the joiner fee policy on behalf of the management.

Worst case scenario, even if they do make you pay a joiner's fee, if you booked as 2 people, then the first girl is free. Thereafter, it's only ONE FEE PER GIRL ALL STAY, not per visit. So If you take a registered girl back again, there is no second fee to pay.

What's the big deal though? If you can afford to pay 6,000 baht or upwards per night for a room, is another 500 - 1000 baht to bring back your dream girl really going to kill you??

The problem is they charge exactly 1000. Not 500 -1000. The room rate in Hilton is one of the highest in Pattaya I really don't want to add another 1000 on it. The other International chain like Marriott and Holiday Inn do not charge anything like that. Why would I want to pay Hilton for that? Also, the girl I bring back will not be my "dream girl". It is just another ST/LT. I will be paying her accordingly. I do not want to add other unnecessary cost on it.

Done and dusted, here's the reply from the Hilton

Warmest greeting from Hilton Pattaya, Thank you for your e-mail and information, As per your inquire, please be informed that if you wish to bringing guest back to hotel, your guest will be required to register with the ID card at Front desk before access to the room. No additional charge for the visitor fee. In case that your room reservation including breakfast for 1 person and your guest wish to have the breakfast, the additional breakfast for that person will be charge. Should there be any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, SURANG BUMRERSONG I Reservations Sales Agent Hilton PATTAYA t: +66 38 253 000 I f: +66 38 253 001 333/101 Moo 9 I Nong Prue I Banglamung I Pattaya Chonburi 20260 I Thailand Hilton.com I pattaya.hilton.com I facebook.com/PATTAYAHILTON I twitter.com/HILTONPATTAYA

Done and dusted, here's the reply from the Hilton

Warmest greeting from Hilton Pattaya, Thank you for your e-mail and information, As per your inquire, please be informed that if you wish to bringing guest back to hotel, your guest will be required to register with the ID card at Front desk before access to the room. No additional charge for the visitor fee. In case that your room reservation including breakfast for 1 person and your guest wish to have the breakfast, the additional breakfast for that person will be charge. Should there be any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, SURANG BUMRERSONG I Reservations Sales Agent HILTON PATTAYA t: +66 38 253 000 I f: +66 38 253 001 333/101 Moo 9 I Nong Prue I Banglamung I Pattaya Chonburi 20260 I Thailand hilton.com I pattaya.hilton.com I facebook.com/PATTAYAHILTON I twitter.com/HILTONPATTAYA

Slalom, thanks for the information. I already finished my hotel bookings for my trip in late February. Otherwise, I may stay there to see how it is. Are you going to stay there soon? If so, can you report back to see if the hotel treat the girls professionally. When I was staying there in 2013, even they charged 1000, they had some kind of attitude againsted the girls.

matrix123

I will be at the Hilton 4th May until 10th May and then on to BKK for 7 nights before returning home. I will give you my opinions in due course. Which hotel have you booked for your stay this time? I ask because I may stay the whole period in Patts and give BKK a miss this time

I've no place booked for the second week insofar

The problem is they charge exactly 1000. Not 500 -1000. The room rate in Hilton is one of the highest in Pattaya I really don't want to add another 1000 on it. The other International chain like Marriott and Holiday Inn do not charge anything like that. Why would I want to pay Hilton for that? Also, the girl I bring back will not be my "dream girl". It is just another ST/LT. I will be paying her accordingly. I do not want to add other unnecessary cost on it.

Er no, the problem is that they don't charge at all....

Oh wait, that's not a problem at all, is it!!!

:WinkGrin1:

Er no, the problem is that they don't charge at all....

Oh wait, that's not a problem at all, is it!!!

:WinkGrin1:

They did charge that before. Without BM posting here, you would not have known, right?

I didn't know the ST/LT you bring back to you hotel were you "dream girls"! If so, why don't you merry them all! 5555!

matrix123

I will be at the Hilton 4th May until 10th May and then on to BKK for 7 nights before returning home. I will give you my opinions in due course. Which hotel have you booked for your stay this time? I ask because I may stay the whole period in Patts and give BKK a miss this time

I've no place booked for the second week insofar

I booked Baraqada (used to be Dusit D2) and Mercure Ocean Resort in Soi 1(not the one behind Avenue). I already did a review and posted some pictures of the deluxe room of Mercure Ocean resort. You could search to have a look. The seaview and room size are no where near Hilton. The cost is just 40% of Hilton.

That's interesting, because my experience last year was the exact opposite -- they took her i.d. at the front desk and returned it to her at the security desk downstairs.  I wasn't charged one baht for a joinder fee, and I'm pretty sure that I had a girl back with me every night.

Totally agreed.. They collect ID's and return.

matrix123

Thanks for your help/info

I have actually a reservation for the second week at Adelphi Grande BKK, free cancellation got it at a fantastic price months ago £269 deluxe room with breakfast

I'm actually debating whether or not to cancel and go for Baraquda at £322 without breakfast

Haven't stayed at either hotel previously

edit

Bollocks to it!!!! Accor hotels sale was supposed to end on 7/1/15 and already ended on 5/1/15 Baraquda now showing as £484 no chance whatsoever getting that from me. Adelphi Grande it is then

December and Janiary I was in and out of the Hilton with groups of both 2 and 3 girls at a time, using the Drfft and Horizon bars and the buffet and was treated very well - no one knew whether I was staying there or not and it often struck me that with the size of the hotel and the arrangement of the lobby etc no one would have known, had I been staying there, had we all gone straight to a room afterwards instead of back out to a taxi.

Is it keycard or key for the Hilton? Personally there's no way I'd pay such nightly rates for a world class brand hotel and then get told what I can do with my social life or not as regards lady guests. I think I'd just be inclined to take them up to the room and bypass reception and just get my key alone if I had to...it seemed to me easy from my experiences as a visitor...I may as well have been staying there the amount of times we all ate and drank there expensively, and were greeted politely at all times. Anyone just tried this just taking girls without checking them in?

No way I'd pay a 'penalty' of £1000 for the freedom to choose who I spent my nights with at such room prices, think I'd just check out and go elsewhere the next day. Why do companies have this ridiculous attitude towards male guests having female company in a country like Thailand it seems a nonsense.

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

They did charge that before. Without BM posting here, you would not have known, right?

I didn't know the ST/LT you bring back to you hotel were you "dream girls"! If so, why don't you merry them all! 5555!

The rest of us who actually read the entire thread in sequence already grasped that they previously charged a joiner fee. However, the point is that it was then clarified (prior to your post) that they were no longer charging. Judging from your sarcastic post in response to mine, you just didn't seem to have grasped that.

Meanwhile, sorry to hear that you don't meet any 'dream girls' in Pattaya. Amazingly ehough, I always seem to find at least one out of the thousands of stunning girls in Patts, who are most certainly any normal guy's dream. Do you just settle for bow-wows then?? Come on Matrix, don't be that guy, you're so much more than that!

Don't worry, I won't be 'merrying' any of my dream girls though. Just remember the rule... "If you can't be with the woman you love, then love the woman you're with"

The rest of us who actually read the entire thread in sequence already grasped that they previously charged a joiner fee. However, the point is that it was then clarified (prior to your post) that they were no longer charging. Judging from your sarcastic post in response to mine, you just didn't seem to have grasped that.

Meanwhile, sorry to hear that you don't meet any 'dream girls' in Pattaya. Amazingly ehough, I always seem to find at least one out of the thousands of stunning girls in Patts, who are most certainly any normal guy's dream. Do you just settle for bow-wows then?? Come on Matrix, don't be that guy, you're so much more than that!

Don't worry, I won't be 'merrying' any of my dream girls though. Just remember the rule... "If you can't be with the woman you love, then love the woman you're with"

I think the one who didn't read in sequence was you or you may have some difficulty in reading.

mac73 posted a Hilton (partial) e-mail (#4) said no joiner but abby6 (#7) said THAT WAS WRONG INFO. HE STAYED THERE 4 MONTHS AGO, Hilton CHARGED HIM JOINER. Then Footypjman (#8) reply back said he wasn't charged for that but did not say when. I made my post (#9) to ask BM stayed there recently make a post but no one reply. footypjman clarifiied his post (#11) said HE STAYED THERE IN JUNE THAT WAS 8 MONTHS AGO. Then newone made a post (#12) said HE STAYED THERE 3 MONTHS AGO BUT NO JOINER. One BM stayed 4 months ago said Hilton charged him joiner. One BM stayed 8 months ago anthoer 3 months ago said no. We have contradict information here! Not "clarified" like you said

You made your post (#10) said if Hilton charge joiner fee and we could afford a 6000 THB room, just pay for it. My reply back to you (#13) to explain to you why I stay in a 6000 THB room but don't want to pay for it.

I hardly read any BM's posts call his ST/LT "dream girl" but you. Usually only a newbie would call his ST/LT like that.

By reading your post in this thread, clearly you have not stayed in Hitlon before. It seems Hilton either charge 1000 THB or nothing. You wrote "is another 500-1000 baht to bring back your dream girl really going to kill you". Or are you some special Hilton member? You got 50% discount! 555, if so, please let us know how you got it. 5555!

Archived