IGNORED

Late night dining in Pattaya

I can see the argument for decent food - thats subjective, but poor value? ........why do you think that

The fact that you can get a little thai meal at 4am, with a place to sit, with clean toilets, endless entertainment, on the bus route ....for about 60 baht. Where else can you get that?  

What do you get for 60 baht in Kiss nowadays ?

Indigestion.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

What do you get for 60 baht in Kiss nowadays ?

so you say bad value ....but don't know what is available or for how much?

Pakbungloyfah (means Flying Vegetable or Flying Greens) on 2nd road between Sois 13/3 and 13/4 is an excellent choice, as is Marine Seafood, Leng Kee and the "food court" and pop-up eateries on Pattaya Klang between Soi Bukhao and 2nd road. Kiss used to be OK but seems to have gone down in recent years. In the past, TGs have often asked to eat there, now they tend to avoid it if possible.

Some pics from Pakbungloyfah:

02a.jpg

01.jpg

04a.jpg

07.jpg

013.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

22A.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

03.jpg

06.jpg

31.jpg

35.jpg

Baby.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Pakbungloyfah is good, but sadly they're never open when I go past there late in the night. (Meaning, after 4, I think they close around 3-4 sometime?)

Sometimes even I feel like giving up and going to Kiss, but then I remember my last few meals there and give it a pass. They have terrible food, especially the thai dishes. It's like they just gave up and removed anything that tastes of anything, since farang obviously can't eat such dangerous food items...

Pakbungloyfah is good, but sadly they're never open when I go past there late in the night. (Meaning, after 4, I think they close around 3-4 sometime?)

Sometimes even I feel like giving up and going to Kiss, but then I remember my last few meals there and give it a pass. They have terrible food, especially the thai dishes. It's like they just gave up and removed anything that tastes of anything, since farang obviously can't eat such dangerous food items...

They used to stay open to six am, but I did notice about half a year ago that they started closing around 4 am.  Last time I ate there (last week), I was the only customer at 4.00 am.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

At least three Pak Boong Loy Faa's in Pattaya.

You always get the feeling (its all the stainless steel) that you are eating in a real value for money place .... until the bill arrives.

Prices are similar if not cheaper at Leng Kee, and overall its just far superior IMHO.

so you say bad value ....but don't know what is available or for how much?

Well, I knew what was available 10 years ago, or so.

And I just cant imagine what you are eating there for 60 baht, so was hoping you were going to educate me.

There a lot of cheap dishes at kiss and it has a good location and like some have said, good and clean toailets, which can not be said about every restaurant exactly. So it is convenient and cheap so it is not hard to understand why they are doing so well, but the food is very bland and way below average. At least if you ask me, but taste is a matter of opinion. But I wouldnt be surprise if many of those that say it is good, say it because it is cheap.

Kiss shows the power of cheap charlies. :)

Kiss gets a bad rap, but the food I eat there mainly club sandwich, fried rice with seafood and chicken cashew is good and cheap. Might find it difficult finding a seat early evening but around 4/5 in the morning its good place to get a meal.

Just go to Klang  cant rember the name , big food hall between N0 2 and Soi bukao . always good

Just go to Klang  cant rember the name , big food hall between N0 2 and Soi bukao . always good

There is a reason you can't remember the name.

Lee's Diner on Soi Diana is a good option and open 24/7.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

You can always find food here 24/7. Most places have been mention already. I do have some special places where mostly only Thai goes and kind of hidden gems. Cheap as well, 30 baht a portion. Soi Marine have a 2 restaurant one newly open. Never seen that one closed. And I usually go home like after 08:00 in the morning or later if I party. If you are with a TG she will find you a place for a meal.

In Foodland you buy some food inside the shop and they cook it for you in the restaurant. Order a full dish or it will be little empty and tasteless otherwise.

But late at night I usually grab some street food on my way home.

I do the same, with a girl or not.

The other option is 7/11,s microwaved meals.

Most nights I'm not sober enough to really enjoy a decent meal on the way back, its more a case of grab some takeaway just to eat something...

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Archived