Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extend 30 day visa on entry cost ?

devee8

whats the best way to proceed at the moment if i wish to stay as long as possible, over 1 year perhaphs and i am under 50????????

whats the best way to proceed at the moment if i wish to stay as long as possible, over 1 year perhaphs and i am under 50????????

An ED visa I'd say.

i was down soi 5 immigration jomtien today i have never seen it so busy.

picked up a visa ext form at 0945 and he marked it come back at 12 30........................and that was when  i was given a number to get in line!

mine was extending a 60 day so i was charged 1,900.

Here is a link to the official website which quotes 1,900 I suggest you print it and take it with you and if they refuse just pay and ask for a receipt before handing over the money then also write on the printout the person name. They will get concerned but either get a full receipt or pay 1,900.

http://www.immigrati...se.php?page=fee

it was so busy down there today it was unreal.

good luck trying this approach the staff there are under pressure and the likely response would be something along the lines of ok, no visa you leave thailand

• 4 weeks later...

For the 30 day extension did they ask for any supporting documentation like proof of a flight out of Thailand or proof of funds?

For the 30 day extension did they ask for any supporting documentation like proof of a flight out of Thailand or proof of funds?

neither.

but i had a 60 day visa which i was extending by 30 days.

done it at least 3 times before and never been asked for either.

just the waiting time was a bit of a pain in the arse

As I understand the cost of extending a 30 day visa on entry for another 30 days is suppose to be 1,900bht the immigration are charging 3,000 to 5,000bht

Does anyone have any updates on this from the past couple of weeks? Are they asking for documentation and proof that you are a tourist? Still busy? Still trying the scam?

My visa runs out on Friday and would like to extend it in Jomtien rather than fuck around going to Cambodia. 

Cheers. 

As far as I know, it is 1,900 baht to extend any visa, no matter what kind or how long. It has been that since Thaksin raised it from 500 baht around 2001. (He raised the fees on everything and doubled the amounts required to be banked for a marriage or retirement visa, which didn't endear him to many expats.)

Thai Tourist Visa:

This is a 60 day visa and can be extend at Thai immigration in Bangkok or Thai Immigration in Pattaya or Phuket if you pay the 1,900 THB fee for an additional 30 days or another extension of another 7 days. 

http://www.thaiimmigration.net/extending-your-thai-visa.html

i was down soi 5 immigration jomtien today i have never seen it so busy.

picked up a visa ext form at 0945 and he marked it come back at 12 30........................and that was when  i was given a number to get in line!

mine was extending a 60 day so i was charged 1,900.

Update:

I went down to immigration this afternoon at 13:30 without any passport photos or the relevant photocopies and was out the door and processed by 14:05 with a fresh 30 day extension from my (visa on arrival??) original 30 day visa for 1900 baht. It looked busy but they were 3 people working on extensions and they were all over it. 

I do have some sympathy for the people who work in that office to be honest with you. Anyway, painless.  

Archived