IGNORED

Extend 30 day visa on entry cost ?

devee8

and Christmas is over go figure that

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I read a report on another board quoting the same amount charged at Jomtien. The guy was quoted 1900 baht for 7 days only.. As I recall he was here on hols with his GF

Here is a link to the official website which quotes 1,900 I suggest you print it and take it with you and if they refuse just pay and ask for a receipt before handing over the money then also write on the printout the person name. They will get concerned but either get a full receipt or pay 1,900.

http://www.immigrati...se.php?page=fee

It would be simpler to get a single entry(2 month), or double entry(2X2months) from Thai Embassy in Oz before departing...

...approx $49 or $90  I think. 

The Visa is stamped in your Passport in Australia.

It would be simpler to get a single entry(2 month), or double entry(2X2months) from Thai Embassy in Oz before departing...

Exactly, why make unnecessary trouble when I can get everything resolved in their home country within two days.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I got charged 3000 baht instead of the 1900 baht. A friend of mine got charged 5000 baht just before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got charged 3000 baht instead of the 1900 baht. A friend of mine got charged 5000 baht just before Christmas. 

LOS ... land of scams . 

They must be selective of who they scam, I was there on the 30/12/14, 1900B no problems, there was dozen of us waiting for are passports, receipts and change back, not a hint of a scam amongst us!

They must be selective of who they scam, I was there on the 30/12/14, 1900B no problems, there was dozen of us waiting for are passports, receipts and change back, not a hint of a scam amongst us!

Maybe the rotten egg was not at the desk that day?

I showed up in cargo shorts, a plain t-shirt and flip-flops, and I am sure my friend looked very similar, only 12 years older than me and wearing sandals.

some of those may well have been extending a 60 day tourist visa bought in a thai embassy before the trip rather than a 30 day visa exemption granted on arrival looking for another 30 days.

Lady at immigration said " sir you have a problem with your passport" I said " no I don't just tell me how much" 3000 baht but I can only give you a receipt fro 1900 baht" try arguing with  them, Lol. I Paid 3000 baht

I read a report on another board quoting the same amount charged at Jomtien. The guy was quoted 1900 baht for 7 days only.. As I recall he was here on hols with his GF

Yes for a tourist visa after extending a visa 30 days for 1900Baht. Then they charge the same price 1900 and you can extend it 7 more days. 97 days on a 60 day tourist visa. Seems like a rip off for the extra week, but I did it one time to avoid a border run, few days from the end of my holiday.

Yeah I just got a triple entry tourist visa in Canada through the mail for $120+30Expresspost.

So technically could get 291 days on this triple entry visa. But good luck with that one.

The triple entry is good for 6 months from the day it was issued in my country. You have to use the 3rd entry before that time.

On the single and double entry visa though they changed it to 3 months to use the 2nd entry so you have to apply for you visa near to you departure time which is a bit sketchy through the mail like I have to do it. 

My holiday is 113 days so could have got by with the double entry visa. 

Was planing to do a trip up through issaan then up into Laos for my 2nd entry back into Thailand.

Then I might go to Cambodia for a week or two. And use up the 3rd.

Haven't been into either country just to the borders on my last 4 trips to Thailand so am excited to see their sites.

First time using more then a single entry tourist visa I have got by one trip of 4 months with a single entry thats when I extended to 97 days then border run for final 30 days. Think I overstayed by couple hours that time and payed 500 more baht.

I showed up in cargo shorts, a plain t-shirt and flip-flops, and I am sure my friend looked very similar, only 12 years older than me and wearing sandals.

Glad you made the effort. They'd have appreciated that, Thais are funny that way.

I extended 27/12 at jom Tien, 1900 baht. No hint of a con either, and a lady processed it. the people with dodgy passports appear to be the ones getting over charged.

Here is a link to the official website which quotes 1,900 I suggest you print it and take it with you and if they refuse just pay and ask for a receipt before handing over the money then also write on the printout the person name. They will get concerned but either get a full receipt or pay 1,900.

http://www.immigrati...se.php?page=fee

Before trying to show how clever you are, you might want to consider that the 1.9k Baht Application Fee is non-refundable.   You could look pretty stupid receiving your passport and receipt, but no extension.

there is still a lack of clarity on this thread by posters getting extentions as to which visa is being extended.

the 30 days exemption on arrival or extending a 60 day tourist visa.

in theory at least at the moment till they change the rules again both should cost 1,900 bht and be treated the same but i have a feeling they may be being handled differently

I extended 27/12 at jom Tien, 1900 baht. No hint of a con either, and a lady processed it. the people with dodgy passports appear to be the ones getting over charged.

My passport might look "dodgy" to her, as I have a lot of entry stamps.

But she wouldn't know about my many stamps, as I got quoted 3000 baht, before she even touched my passport.

My passport might look "dodgy" to her, as I have a lot of entry stamps.

But she wouldn't know about my many stamps, as I got quoted 3000 baht, before she even touched my passport.

I think I'd pretend I only had 2000 baht. So you arent bluntly refusing etc etc.

I definitely wouldnt of paid it. Even if I had to leave and come back again.

As I understand even if a Visa shop does the process Immigration at Jomtien are charging 3k to 5k, Has anybody actually tried it ?

You been there ?

I entered Thailand on a Visa on entry tourist visa, and went down on the 15 Jan to apply for an extension and was also told that it would be 1900 Baht for 7 days and 3000 Baht for a 30 Day extension.

as i suspected the 30 day visa exemption on arrival is being treated whatever the rules may say differently to a 60 day tourist visa obtained in a thai embassy before arrival

That's what I do in the UK, but at the airport double check that the Thai immigration guy has stamped your passports with the extra days included or they will try to get you for overstay as they tried to get me on your way home. Though it was amusing watching the Thai immigration mob that gathered around me looking at each other and making stupid faces as they held up a calculator showing me the outrageous fee that I would have to pay, they made one mistake which was telling me I would have no charge if I told them I would be returning to Thailand before my visa expired. Guess what I did. :GoldenSmile1:

Archived