Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rocket Ronnie O'sullivan

mikeyboy

Ronnie O'sullivan today drew level with Stephen Hendry's record number of competitive snooker 100 breaks .

775 hundreds each is a fantastic effort and Rocket reckons 1000 tons is possible .

I wouldn't bet against it .

Mikeyboy

I know sweet fuck all about snooker ,but Ive certainly heard of this guy.

My buddies from the UK are huge fans,hence so am I.

Good luck to him and I hope he smashed the record,whatever it is.

He's a great player,hope he breaks the record too.

Robw

i wonder if he changed his tipple to guinness and sneeked into said record books .. especialy with an Irish name :Think1:

i wonder if he changed his tipple to guinness and sneeked into said record books .. especialy with an Irish name :Think1:

Strange watching todays players sipping glasses of water during frames .

Years ago big Bill Werbenuik from Canada was known to drink huge quantities of lager during his matches .  

Mikeyboy

he will break the record tonight i reckon 8pm thai time on channel 666 true visions

he plays marco fu in the quarter finals. should be a great match as marco got a maximum 147 in the last round

any holes a goal

• 5 weeks later...

His father from Ireland and his mother is Italian ... Nice mixture in Ronnie , Londoner , Irish and Italian . :)

• 11 months later...

Ronnie up to his tricks again .    

First round of Welsh open he pots 14 reds 13 blacks then takes a pink although the black was in a pottable position .  

Weird stuff as a 147 break is worth £ 10,000 at this event .   He doesn't need the money i would say .

Mikeyboy

Ronnie up to his tricks again .    

First round of Welsh open he pots 14 reds 13 blacks then takes a pink although the black was in a pottable position .  

Weird stuff as a 147 break is worth £ 10,000 at this event .   He doesn't need the money i would say .

Mikeyboy

He does need the money :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/snooker/ronnie-osullivan-ive-been-conned-7365710#vskD0tvtsFfJDLVG.97

Just watched the recording of Ronnies break, a definite statement made against the organisers measly 10k. A genius at work when he's in full flow.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

so he doesnt make the 147 break because the £10,000 prize isnt enough......what about the audience? It must be magic to be able to say i was there when Ronnie did his 147.......might have broken a few hearts there Ronnie!

There's no doubting he's world class but he's also a gigantic cock!! He could have potted the last black and given the money to charity if it's not enough for him!!

Ronnie is showman, best thing to happen to snooker in decades.

146 is even better than 147.  Gets everyone talking about it!  Audience got their money's worth and then some seeing that!

Just watched the recording of Ronnies break, a definite statement made against the organisers measly 10k. A genius at work when he's in full flow.

Yes , its fairly obvious that he is not keen on " authority figures "  in the snooker world .

I seem to remember he made a break of 140 in a match a while back , and then refused to pot the last black as the 147 break only paid out a derisory £ 4000

The referee persuaded Ronnie to pot the last ball , which he did , and he then donated the money to charity .

A snooker genius for sure , and a very loose cannon also .  Makes for great TV

Mikeyboy

Nice to be able to lose 10,000 quid as a protest. Still - you have to be that good to be able to do so in the first place. Maybe the sponsors will think about upping the prize money in future. It's still peanuts compared with what the very worst Aston Villa player gets.

There's no doubting he's world class but he's also a gigantic cock!! He could have potted the last black and given the money to charity if it's not enough for him!!

To be fair, he's already donated way more than that to charity.

fair point but we are talking about the welsh open......how much can they afford........100000 is alot of wooly sweaters to our celtic cousins.......why does he bother turning up if all he is going to do is give it larry largemens!

Hes just put the Welsh Open on the map, its even being discussed on international mongering forums and loads of farang are now googling "Welsh".  Maybe with the added interest generated the sponsors will stump up a bit more lolly next time.

Or am I missing something?

I always thought that tournament organisers took out insurance against 147 breaks.

The players are so good these days the premium probably costs the same as the prize money.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Ronnie O'Sullivan puts bums on seats. Barry Hearn needs to come up with new challenges for him (and everyone else). What about.... aiming for 147 in every round and doubling up the 147 prize money in each round for the same player, if a top 10 player doesn't get 147 right the way to the final he loses all the money

Archived